PDA

View Full Version : Tonight (Pats game)

Dodge
13/10/2003, 10:33 AM
Lads, are you looking forward to another point tonight? Anyooe want to bet it won’t finish nil nil?

Schumi
13/10/2003, 10:41 AM
I really hope it won't be another awful 0-0 draw like the last few Pats games in Belfield. On recent form I think we can get something from the game, maybe a draw. The team are playing with a lot more confidence in the last few games but we're still lacking up front. Probably a 0-0 draw so. :(

Dodge
13/10/2003, 12:25 PM
If the two of us were top and had scored 6 goals in each of our last 6 games I'd still back a 0-0 scoreline...

Dodge
14/10/2003, 9:16 AM
Told you so

:mad: :rolleyes: :confused:

I've defended UCD on these forum's before and I really do admire a lot about your club. BUT purely because we can't win (or even score) in Belfield, I hope you get relegated. :p

SÓC
14/10/2003, 9:29 AM
UCD were done big time last night, by themselves and the ref.

There was a clear peno in the second half, dont know how the Ref missed it. Also it looked as though Adamson handled outside the box, have to see that on TV tho, the was right there and seemed certain it came off his chest.

Then Rooneys miss!?! UCD in the second half were trying to walk the ball into the goal.

Number 8 is some player for UCD.

Dodge
14/10/2003, 9:37 AM
Not sure I'd agree with any of that (admittedly I didn't see the penalty, judging by the reactions it should have been given)

Funny you didn't mention alll our possesion, Freeman's last minute missed sitter and the fact that UCD were time wasting from 20 minutes in (and fair play to them BTW, everyone does the same in that position)

That Adamson thing hit his knees and then his chest. Definitely not his hands

SÓC
14/10/2003, 10:36 AM
Pats had the ball alright but didnt know what to do with it. The last two times I've seen UCD they've been the better passing team (against City and Pats) but just dont have the finishing to end the game.

Pats wont be able to replace Osam. He was outsprinting players half his age last night and the best Pats player for holding onto the ball.

Bird did feic all, same goes for McPhee. Fahy had a decent game but I still reckon he's a pussy.

Sorry Dodgey-boy for not mentioning enough of Pats on the UCD forum.

Dodge
14/10/2003, 11:18 AM
Agree with you on that.

Shame you had to edit it to have a go though...

SÓC
14/10/2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
Agree with you on that.

Shame you had to edit it to have a go though...

Ah Dodge, at it again hun? I edited it to add in the part about Bird McPhee and Fahy.

Having a go?:rolleyes: I must be mistaken I always though UCD was the main subject of discussion on the UCD board. I always thought having a go was calling someone a muppet and being Macy's yesman?

Back to the game, on the balance who would ya think actually deserved the win?

Dodge
14/10/2003, 12:27 PM
Did we deserve to win? Absolutely not. We were ****e.

So were UCD. It was an appauling game

Aberdonian Stu
14/10/2003, 12:38 PM
If you're going to post on our board be wary of pedants

appalling

As for the game, the ref took a while to point out that it was off his chest, looked a certain handball to me (although I would say that). Penalty was another that we're were annoyed about but the most frustrating thing was Rooney's miss.

Schumi
14/10/2003, 2:34 PM
I'm as certain as I can be about anything you see at a football match that the ball hit Adamson's hands. Ourside of that, a draw was a fair result. Both sides missed easy chances near the end. How Rooney put that chance over, I'll never know. :(

Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Number 8 is some player for UCD. Yeah, Cawley had one of his best games of the season and got stuck in when Pats had the ball much more than usual.

UCD_4_Life
15/10/2003, 7:33 PM
Cawley has the talent to go much further than he has. I'd suspect that it's his, at times, dodgy attitude that has held him back.

He seems to have improved a bit latelythough.