PDA

View Full Version : Rovers V Harps

Rovers1
16/10/2008, 10:40 AM
tough game, should be a decent crowd from Harps point of view. Doubt many will travel, due to RTE showing the game.:mad: Rommy's back so that gives us something up front. I still think McT should be given a start.Its a cup final for Harps, they need the 3 points, although so do we.

2-1 Rovers

brianw82
16/10/2008, 10:44 AM
Doubt many will travel, due to RTE showing the game.:mad:

Well, it's a godsend for us Dublingons. I'm working until 7, but will be back home in time for kick off.
Why isn't Judgey getting a kick at the moment?

sligoman
16/10/2008, 11:26 AM
Peers is suspended so a bit of re-shuffling will need to be done.

avvenalaf
16/10/2008, 11:53 AM
Well, it's a godsend for us Dublingons. I'm working until 7, but will be back home in time for kick off.

Because he got a kick.

sligoman
16/10/2008, 12:08 PM
Harps have been made favourites(with Boylesports anyway, haven't checked others) for this:eek:. I know they're fighting to stay up and that but they're still a circus show.

Rory H
16/10/2008, 5:01 PM
It will be a very difficult game. But I have yet to see Harps play well. No doubt we can win it...

'The King...The King...The King of Benin'

srfc1928
16/10/2008, 5:22 PM
he came on in derry after about 60 mins and was very ineffective.

Rovers1
16/10/2008, 6:09 PM
he came on in derry after about 60 mins and was very ineffective.

to be honest hes been ineffective the whole season...

he's very frustrating to watch, especially given some of his performances last year.

MMVIII
16/10/2008, 6:38 PM
Looking forward to this but will be a very tough game. Can see it going either way but hope were able to pull out on top.

forza rovers
16/10/2008, 7:36 PM
Peers is suspended so a bit of re-shuffling will need to be done.the match report on the club website just has chrisy out.

Sean South
16/10/2008, 9:38 PM
What pub if any will Rovers supporters be drinking in before the game if any? I hate when games are live on TV hope we still get good numbers up.

Rovers1
16/10/2008, 9:41 PM
What pub if any will Rovers supporters be drinking in before the game if any? I hate when games are live on TV hope we still get good numbers up.

im sure youll hear some of us anyway ;)

theres no bus so i doubt theres a set place as such:confused:

Rovers Maniac
17/10/2008, 2:29 AM
This will be tough withou Peers but we can do it and have shown we can beat Harps before missing players.

sligored
17/10/2008, 8:25 AM
From Independent.ie

(Finn Harps, 7.35, Live on RTE2)

League form: Harps LLWLD Sligo LWWDD

Betting: Harps 11/8 Sligo 2/1 Draw 9/4

Referee: H Whoriskey (Meath).

Team news: Jonathan Minnock (groin), Davy Byrne (thigh) and Aaron Labonte (knee) all remain on the injury list, as does Cornelius Gallagher, but Stephen Parkhouse and Shaun Holmes are likely to return. Car crash victim Chris Butler is Sligo's only absentee.

Talking point: All of the bottom three sides chasing safety will fancy their chances this weekend. So a win, or at least a point, is crucial for the Donegal side against a Sligo team who will have to forget rumours surrounding Paul Cook's future at the club, with several reports linking him to the vacant Shamrock Rovers hot seat.

Where did people hear that peers was not playing?

Mr A
17/10/2008, 8:43 AM
The independent will just be working off the same info Sligo gave them, so the fact that it's omitted from both does not mean too much.

happydays97
17/10/2008, 11:42 AM
Don't think Peers is suspended until next weekend

sligoman
17/10/2008, 1:17 PM
Don't think Peers is suspended until next weekendThat's handy so, no game next week so he won't miss anything:p.

Seriously though, I was told it's in this week's Sligo Champion that he's suspended for Harps game, they're probably wrong.

red bellied
17/10/2008, 2:00 PM
Butler is suspended

http://www.walkthechalk.com/extras.php?cid=19&id=263