PDA

View Full Version : Resizing photos

DmanDmythDledge
15/10/2008, 11:26 PM
Well not really resizing, just changing the file size but wasn't sure what to call that...

Anyway what would be the best to use to do this? Wouldn't it effect the quality of the image?

atfconline
15/10/2008, 11:30 PM
What do you want to use them for when resized?

Pauro 76
16/10/2008, 7:35 AM
Photoshop would be the best bet if you have it...

If the original is a massive size, Image -> Image Size -> you can reduce it by percentage or resolution. 300dpi gives best printing results, but it'd be handy to know what the size of the original is and why you need it downsized...

A face
16/10/2008, 10:52 AM
Well not really resizing, just changing the file size but wasn't sure what to call that...

Anyway what would be the best to use to do this? Wouldn't it effect the quality of the image?

There are some websites that will do this for you online, cant imagine they would be exactly what you are looking for if you want something really specific/professional but they just might do the trick for you.

www.shrinkpictures.com
www.resizeyourimage.com
http://resizepic.com/

I haven't tried any of them so its trial and error

TheBoss
16/10/2008, 1:34 PM
Do you want to make it bigger or smaller ?

DmanDmythDledge
18/10/2008, 12:19 AM
Photoshop would be the best bet if you have it...

If the original is a massive size, Image -> Image Size -> you can reduce it by percentage or resolution. 300dpi gives best printing results, but it'd be handy to know what the size of the original is and why you need it downsized...
Don't want to print it- just want to upload them to bebo and max file size is 2MB. About 2.3 at the moment...I'll give a few of the sites that A Face posted a go and see how it works out.

A face
19/10/2008, 11:11 PM
Don't want to print it- just want to upload them to bebo and max file size is 2MB. About 2.3 at the moment...I'll give a few of the sites that A Face posted a go and see how it works out.

2.3 to 2.0 .... no worries so with any of those, they're perfect for what you want.