PDA

View Full Version : Dolan at O2 Park

iceman
10/10/2003, 10:14 PM
Pat Dolan was on the terrace at O2 Park tonight and chatted with some of the Drog fans at half-time.
The word is that he was taking a keen interest in Drogs excellent midfielder Darren Beesley , known to be seeking a wage increase that the Drogs cant afford. Also present tonight - Stephen Kenny , Eamonn Collins and Gavin Dykes but they chose to remain in the stand.
Can any of ye CityHeads cast any light on the Beesley thing?

RedX
10/10/2003, 10:39 PM
Hey iceman...maybe some of the other lads that post here might know a bit more about this but i can tell you that City are definetly on the look out for a central midfielder(all season).I have heard Beesleys name being mentioned by a few lads on here over the last few months.I am not going to patronise you about Beesley because he is a Drogs player(long may it continue as far as you are concerned)but if he is as good as some fans here have mentioned i would'nt mind seeing him in City colours next season.Anyway if not best of luck to your club for the rest of the season.

TheRealRovers
11/10/2003, 1:11 AM
Different story. From a neutral point of few I think Pat talks to much **** I don't know what city fans think but listen to him at the game mid week yap yap yap. It might just me but.....

iceman
11/10/2003, 1:18 AM
Theres been a lot of talk on the Drogs MB lately about Beesley moving on , his agent says that at present there are 11 clubs interested - 4 Premier Div. managers watching him last night. Pat Dolan wandered around the terrace last night at half-time and when asked if he was there to watch Darren he joked and quickly changed the subject.
http://drogs.irishfootie.net/viewtopic.php?t=725

iceman
13/10/2003, 11:02 AM
Just heard that Dolan was in fact looking at The Beezer. He had a poor night though , probably lack of fitness as he is just back from injury.

SÓC
13/10/2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by iceman
Just heard that Dolan was in fact looking at The Beezer. He had a poor night though , probably lack of fitness as he is just back from injury.

When we played ye in the league Dolans programme notes mentioned Beasley as one of the best midfielders in the country.

Éanna
13/10/2003, 1:35 PM
beesley has looked very good any time I've seen him. looks like the kind of player we need.

iceman
13/10/2003, 4:56 PM
I reckon The Beezer is probably the best midfielder in the League. The chances of Drogs holding on to him are very remote. Plenty of other clubs on his tail at the moment but I would like to see him going to City. Dont want any of the Dublin clubs getting their mits on him.