PDA

View Full Version : Buses to Drogs and Pats

NorthoftheLee
10/10/2003, 2:00 PM
Could one of the mods stick this to the top please!!

Just to gage interest levels for a Bus to A . Drogheda and B. Pats

Ian was saying that he'd run a bus to both if there were numbers..

I can't make the Drogs game but im a def for the St Pats...

so to get the ball rolling...........

BUS TO DROGS

BUS TO ST PATS
1.NorthoftheLee

ccfc till i die
11/10/2003, 10:29 PM
I think you should just let this thread be unstuck coz I nearly didn't seeit stuck right at the top coz I always think it's just the forum rules.

Anyway I already e mailed him for the drogs match so I dunno if I should put myself down here but do anyway. 3 seats si vous plais

1 NOTL
2.CCFC tid
3.CCFC tid
4.CCFC tid

Possibly only 2 seats for the pats match.

Any possibility of having a smaller bus if we can't fill the 50 seater, it's frustrating when the bus gets cancelled.

golly
12/10/2003, 4:18 PM
BUS TO DROGS
1. golly

A face
12/10/2003, 8:46 PM
Just so we all know ... here are the away games left this season

Sat 18th Drogheda Utd A 5pm

Mon 20th St Patrick's Ath A 7.45pm

And .........

Fri 31st Bohemians A 7.45pm

Tue 11th Waterford Utd A 7.30pm

Fri 21st Shelbourne A 7.45pm

joe
13/10/2003, 1:11 PM
Originally posted by A face

Sat 18th Drogheda Utd A 5pm

That game is on Friday

ccfc till i die
15/10/2003, 8:43 AM
Any chance of this bus going???

NorthoftheLee
15/10/2003, 11:20 AM
don't think there are going to be any buses going for either game......fridays game is def a no-no and mondays is more or less the same............

looks like im gonna get the train up on monday....

ccfc till i die
16/10/2003, 8:19 PM
Ah jaysus I'm feckin sick of this. Buses are always gettin cancelled, we should get the word out a bit IMO or are people just too lazy.:mad:

A face
16/10/2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by ccfc till i die
we should get the word out a bit IMO or are people just too lazy

I think that is it ... people just dont know about buses being run. But how are wee going to let them know ??

ccfc till i die
17/10/2003, 9:20 AM
Well the bus for Drogheda was announced with little time to spare so I don't think that helped. My thoughts were that if the club itself were to get involved they would be better able to publicise it. They could put some full page ad for it in the programme as it hardly gets a mention in the prog as it is. Other clubs run buses for their supporters.
Maybe the CCISA could try and publicise their buses more. If the buses for shels or bohs get cancelled I'm gonna go spare.

NorthoftheLee
17/10/2003, 11:10 AM
you can usually gage the interest from this board......as in a lot of the supporters who go to the away games are members here....if you cant get numbers here then there's no point.....

the buses to bohs, waterford and Shels will be much better organised...........Ian the main man when it comes to running the buses has just come back from a months hols so thats why the organisation wasnt the best..he cant be in 2 places at once....We'll have to sort somethng out for next season so that Ian is not landed with all the work....We'll get better organised for next season.....there has been a lot more buses run this year than the previous so fair play to Ian for improving the situation.....the same improvement next season and we should be ok..........

but without the numbers there cant be any buses....

drogs on a friday is another full day off work.....a lot of people, myself included just dont have the hol days left to take.....
half day for the pats game is manageable though......

Maybe you should contact the club and see if they are willing to help out..........they havent been so willing in the past..

James
17/10/2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
drogs on a friday is another full day off work.....a lot of people, myself included just dont have the hol days left to take.....
half day for the pats game is manageable though......

bah .. ever have loads of holiday days and fuppers wont let ya take them cause ya too shagging busy :(
and they get a bit sus when ui keep needing half days every friday for er um weddings/funerals/christianings/sudden stomach bugs :D

NorthoftheLee
17/10/2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by James
bah .. ever have loads of holiday days and fuppers wont let ya take them cause ya too shagging busy

Do you know what............You need to get a new job.......:D

that busy lark doesnt sound good at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

rebelnorrie
17/10/2003, 4:03 PM
ill go on the bus to pats and $hel$,is it the number 10 to tolka!!!!!

A face
17/10/2003, 6:15 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
you can usually gage the interest from this board......as in a lot of the supporters who go to the away games are members here....if you cant get numbers here then there's no point......

I suppose that is it aswell .... There are aload of people not on the net and would go if they knew about it.

Stat : Only 33% of the Irish public are online.

That might mean for every bus organised on here, there are another two to go with it if people know about it on time !! :)

ccfc till i die
18/10/2003, 2:47 PM
Like I said earlier I think we should get in contact with the club to try to organise buses. I don't think I personally would be the best person to do this as I don't have any connections with the club. Maybe if someone on the board has good connections (or any connections really) they could try and have a word in someone's ear.

golly
19/10/2003, 2:27 PM
why should ya need connections. u are a fan i think the club should b helping out ian and the supporters club with the organising of buses dolan is on about how important we the fans are to the club. it would b a massive help to the team 2 c large crowds at the away games exxcept derry. this could lead to a good strong relationship between board and fans. lennox has shown he wants us 2 involved by putting the crest idea to us. its"our club" as he says dere is no harm in anyone asking at least were showing intrest.

ccfc till i die
19/10/2003, 10:01 PM
I still don't really know how you'd go about it. I would imagine Pat Dolan and Brian Lennox are both very busy men.
Perhaps we could do it in the close season during the winter. We only have 3 more away matches (excluding tommorow's one) this season and they're ll sorted as regards buses.

pete
20/10/2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by ccfc till i die
I still don't really know how you'd go about it. I would imagine Pat Dolan and Brian Lennox are both very busy men.

Maybe ye could get some help from the admin staff at the club. Even if it was just a central point for people to drop off their money etc...?