PDA

View Full Version : Carroll's Gift Stores selling FAI clothing

jaykay
15/10/2008, 1:21 PM
I saw today that Carroll's are selling 'own brand' gear with official FAI logos and 'approved by FAI' tags. The tags say that you are contributing to the Irish game by purchasing the product. I wonder how that affects the Umbro deal, which I thought was exclusive.

Apologies if this has been posted already.

Kingdom
15/10/2008, 1:35 PM
yes i noticed that too yesterday and the gear wasn't cheap either!

drummerboy
15/10/2008, 1:47 PM
In fairness to Carrolls they did financiallly support a now defunct LOI team for quite a few years, so I wouldn't begrudge them. I wonder if Champion Sports or Elverys have ever sponspored any local teams.

jmurphyc
15/10/2008, 1:51 PM
In fairness to Carrolls they did financiallly support a now defunct LOI team for quite a few years, so I wouldn't begrudge them. I wonder if Champion Sports or Elverys have ever sponspored any local teams.

Of course they do. They support English clubs who you can watch on your tv at home each week. There's nothing more local than that. :D

Kingdom
15/10/2008, 1:51 PM
Elverys do the Mayo Senior GAA team. Dunno bout the other. I suppose it is a bit surprising the lack of well known brands sponsoring LoI clubs.

Closed Account
15/10/2008, 1:56 PM
Elverys sponsor the local league in Mayo and the underage sides of Castlebar Celtic(Elverys local side)

bennocelt
15/10/2008, 2:12 PM
funny that Carroll's have Chelsea and Manure utd - Irish key rings - cool or what:rolleyes:

gilberto_eire
16/10/2008, 12:24 AM
Elverys will be producing Galway Uniteds kit next season instead of Umbro. I think they make Rugby Gear under what the name ''RugbyTech''. I assume they will use a name like that an not Elverys though!!

Ash
16/10/2008, 8:53 AM
I think RugbyTech and Rival are Elverys "own brand"