bwagner
15/10/2008, 11:29 AM
How long has he been in charge?
Does any one have his total record?

neutrino
15/10/2008, 12:05 PM
How long has he been in charge?
Does any one have his total record?

this has been done here a good bit before. I'm sure a thread search would reveal all. Basically to answer your questions - he's been in charge too long and his record is basically shocking !! I would have thought they should have brought somebody in along with traps to re-vamp the whole thing but sure.....

Rambling Along
15/10/2008, 12:54 PM
He's had more defeats than draw's and win's put together.
Should have been sacked a long time ago. I remember watching an U-21 game in Turners Cross 5-6 years ago and the Shed spent the whole game singing "Givens Out!"

Deckydee
15/10/2008, 1:05 PM
Ray Wilkins would be an almost perfect replacement (good one that is)

Heliodorus
15/10/2008, 1:43 PM
He's had more defeats than draw's and win's put together.
Should have been sacked a long time ago. I remember watching an U-21 game in Turners Cross 5-6 years ago and the Shed spent the whole game singing "Givens Out!"

And if I remember correctly there was murder about it after the match with the FAI kicking up stink.

Cant understand why fans in other parts of the country where the U-21s play more regularly, especially Dublin, never make their displeasure felt.

NeilMcD
15/10/2008, 1:45 PM
I think the Cork people are good at turning up and then voicing their displeasure at the regime whereas I think in Dublin those that are not happy do not turn up.

Not saying which one is right or wrong just commenting on the way I have found it from attending U21 games.

Duggie
15/10/2008, 1:45 PM
does anyone actually care about the u-21's though. as bad as that sounds i ts prob true.

NeilMcD
15/10/2008, 1:47 PM
Yeah I do anyway and I am sure there are a few that do.

tetsujin1979
15/10/2008, 1:55 PM
does anyone actually care about the u-21's though. as bad as that sounds i ts prob true.
yep, I do
I'd imagine the fans that attend the games around the country probably have an opinion on it too.
The fact is that success at underage level leads to success at senior level. We have a history of success between U-16 and U-19, when the players hit U-21, there's nothing, no qualifications, and defeats followed by one or two decent results, usually against poor opposition.
One of the underage groups, including Stephen Elliott and Willo Flood, had qualified for every tournament they were eligible for as they progressed through the age groups, until they came to U-21.

Rambling Along
15/10/2008, 4:45 PM
I care too but the games are never shown on television. If games were televised then good performences would draw the fans out to the home internatinals.

I sat down last night and watched England U-21's and Wales U-21's and was in awe of the quality of football. Wales will have an outstanding team in a few years.