Here's what I would go for tomorrow.

Given
Carr Breen O'Shea Harte
Finnan Healy Holland Kilbane
Duff
Keane

This thinking is based on:
Can't trust O'Brien so O'Shea has to play centre back
Best not to shackle Duffer with defensive responsibilities - so don't play him wide
Nobody else to play on the right so its got to be Finnan
That leaves Harte for left back (gulp!)

Heard Eoin Hand pick a similiar team on the radio this morning. He had Kinsella instead of Healy, but I think we need the younger set of legs for this one.

Any thoughts?

colster
10/10/2003, 1:04 PM
Looks about right to me. Funnily enough thats the side Johnny Giles picked on newstalk last night.
On the same show Ken Earley picked this side.

Given
Carr Breen O'Shea Harte
Healy Holland
Connolly Keane Duff
Doherty

Strange Lineup eh!!!

liamon
10/10/2003, 1:09 PM
Sheer nonsense.
Kerr is very defensive.
He'll never put out a team with 4 attacking players.

If Earley gets radio time to talk such nonsense, then maybe I should apply for a job as a pundit. :)

Pogsly
10/10/2003, 2:21 PM
Given
Carr
O'Shea
O'Brien
Breener
Kilbane
Healy
Holland
Duff
Keane
Connolly

Eire abu

Eire 2 - 0 Swiss Roll

:ball: :D :cool:

colster
10/10/2003, 2:30 PM
I know. People seem to be going mad with the lineups. If we play 442 with Duff on the wing and Keane and Doherty up front I think that'll be enough to win this game.
The Swiss are very vulnerable in the air and have suspect fullbacks. I think that Duff can supply crosses for Doherty to use whether knocking it down or heading on goal.
I know Doherty may not be 100% fit and useless on the floor but he's the only one capable of exploiting their vulnerability under the high ball.
I think we can play him for 60 minutes hopefully get a goal and then introduce Connolly who'll give them trouble on the break if they're chasing the game.

Ptizetre
10/10/2003, 6:24 PM
Swiss vulnerable in the air, is it a joke ?

Murat Yakin (Yes, the brother of Hakan) will show you ;-)