PDA

View Full Version : Eircom League Patches

shaunb
15/10/2008, 8:16 AM
Good morning folks. This is my first post on the forum so go easy.

This might be a strange request but does anyone know were one might acquire a set of Eircom League badges that the players wear on the sleeves of their shirts?
If any of the club shops sell them let me know and i can get in contact with said club or if any individuals have some for sale that would be great aswell.

I have tried emailing the league but they don’t seem to keen on responding to emails.

Thank you in advance.

OneRedArmy
15/10/2008, 8:36 AM
Came up in the FAI Fans Forum.

Fran Gavin said he had a box of them in his office :D

Seriously though, he agreed to take away a proposal to make them available to clubs for replica jerseys.

oldyouth
15/10/2008, 8:44 AM
I've often enquired about that. I'd like to have club badges that I could put on to my own gear, caps etc. I would imagine it would be a nice little earner for the club. €5 a go sounds reasonable

Titan
15/10/2008, 8:45 AM
How many you looking for?

Most clubs would usually have a few spares but they may have used them all at this stage of the season.

Theres a new patch for next season anyway.

oldyouth
15/10/2008, 8:53 AM
How many you looking for?

Most clubs would usually have a few spares but they may have used them all at this stage of the season.

Theres a new patch for next season anyway.
If you also have club ones, do they have Youths 2 stars, 3 stars or 5 stars? That debate has raged on elswhere and I think the ones for next season may have them removed. Info appreciated:)

shaunb
15/10/2008, 8:58 AM
I always thought it would be an excellent idea for clubs to provide printing for their shirts to supporters - names, numbers and badges - a few quid is to be made at that.

Im just looking 2 badges - one for each sleeve of my top - i have managed to get the proper numbers for the back aswell but im just finding the badges for the sleeves very hard to come by, so if anyone has any idea who i could contact that would be great.

Yeah due to the new league sponsorship there will be new sleeve patches for next season but as my team will probably change their kit i would like this season’s patch on this season’s kit.

Larry 'da' Wyse
15/10/2008, 9:06 AM
I contacted the Fai via the eorcomloi web page about at the start of the season but didn't get a reply.

shaunb
15/10/2008, 9:08 AM
Yeah thats what i did Larry aswell - but as usual they didnt get back to me. I have contacted them about other things before aswell and no response!

dcfcsteve
15/10/2008, 9:51 AM
Im just looking 2 badges - one for each sleeve of my top - i have managed to get the proper numbers for the back aswell but im just finding the badges for the sleeves very hard to come by, so if anyone has any idea who i could contact that would be great.

You're looking to do a Karl 'Fat Neck' Power* at the 2008 FAI Cup Final aren't you.....? :D

Rumbled.......!!! :p

* The Mancunian who walked onto the pitch before the 2001 Champions League game between man U and Bayern.

shaunb
15/10/2008, 9:58 AM
Ha Ha - well if the Harps manage to get into a final it could may well happen.

KianD
15/10/2008, 12:12 PM
The Football League in the UK has no problems selling these patches via clubs for a fiver a pair...

John83
15/10/2008, 1:25 PM
Came up in the FAI Fans Forum.

Fran Gavin said he had a box of them in his office :D

Seriously though, he agreed to take away a proposal to make them available to clubs for replica jerseys.
He seemed surprised people wanted them, so it might get done now. It was mentioned in Noel Mooney's follow-up email too. There seems to be a bit of a market for them anyway.

Ash
15/10/2008, 1:57 PM
He seemed surprised people wanted them, so it might get done now. It was mentioned in Noel Mooney's follow-up email too. There seems to be a bit of a market for them anyway.

Was the issue not with eircom rather than the FAI? And didnt a club get in
bother over having the logo made into the material

Either way a jersey looks more of a replica if it has the same patches etc that
the actual players kit has.

John83
15/10/2008, 2:30 PM
I think so Ash. At least, I think the Bohs rep said so. It sounds like the kind of thing which could be very easily sorted out though.

shaunb
15/10/2008, 2:43 PM
So it would seem that the badges are not that easy to come by then?

Does anyone know of any clubs that have had them for sale or have given them out to supporters?

The only thing i can think of doing is emailing all 12 premier league clubs and seeing if any of them would be kind enough to sell me a set.

John83
15/10/2008, 2:56 PM
They're not allowed sell them right now, AFAIK. Perhaps we could compile a mailing list here of people who'd like to get some. We could forward it to Mooney/Gavin and let people know if it gets sorted out. It'd be a nice indicator of the interest in this too.

holidaysong
15/10/2008, 3:13 PM
The only thing i can think of doing is emailing all 12 premier league clubs and seeing if any of them would be kind enough to sell me a set.

The ten first division clubs are in the eircom League too you know and also have the badges on their shirts..

shaunb
15/10/2008, 3:14 PM
But are they not different from the premier league ones?

holidaysong
15/10/2008, 3:20 PM
But are they not different from the premier league ones?

Nope.

sligoman
15/10/2008, 3:29 PM
Jako sports in Sligo will put them on a jersey if you want, not sure if they'd sell them individually though.

A face
15/10/2008, 9:16 PM
They're not allowed sell them right now, AFAIK. Perhaps we could compile a mailing list here of people who'd like to get some. We could forward it to Mooney/Gavin and let people know if it gets sorted out. It'd be a nice indicator of the interest in this too.

Stick me on that mailing list if there is one. I just want two patches not to put on a shirt.

shaunb
07/11/2008, 10:15 AM
Just thought i would bump this up to the top again for anyone that hadnt seen it before.

Does anyone know of any clubs that would have any of the sleeve patches? I have emailed all the clubs in the Premier Division but i had no success.

MariborKev
07/11/2008, 12:18 PM
Us Derry fans have them on the shirts, thanks to the nice people at O'Neills.....:D