PDA

View Full Version : Setanta Cup Final

A face
14/10/2008, 9:04 PM
Cant wait for it now, we need to get a bit of luck this season and i think this is it. If its in the Cross (i think it is) then it'll be packed and it should be hopping with atmosphere.

Green, Red and White
Green, Red and Black

Hopefully Glens bring a good crowd to this .... Saturday 1st November.

paudie
14/10/2008, 9:22 PM
I wouldn't mind it being in Dublin TBH. you could understand Glens being ****ed off at having to travel so far for what is supposed to be a neutral venue.

On the other hand whatever makes it easier to get our hands on that much needed 250K!

pete
14/10/2008, 9:32 PM
Would be better atmosphere in Dublin with both sets of fans. On the other hand the cross guarantees minimum 5000. I think we would struggle to bring 2000 to Dublin.

corkboy360
15/10/2008, 10:56 PM
The amount of bandwagoners at this will be ubelievable:rolleyes:was hoping for tolka to be honest.There will be no real displays from city fans i.e pyro as there will probably be lifetime bans imposed grand for the glens though.

A face
16/10/2008, 9:17 AM
The amount of bandwagoners at this will be ubelievable

Bring them along .... they're all welcome

tiktok
16/10/2008, 9:57 AM
The amount of bandwagoners at this will be ubelievable:rolleyes:was hoping for tolka to be honest.There will be no real displays from city fans i.e pyro as there will probably be lifetime bans imposed grand for the glens though.

Daddy won't let me play with matches....waaaaahhhhhhhh

All that matters to CCFC right now, especially today of all days, is money.
A home final gives us a competitive edge over Glens who have to travel a significant distance down, our percentage of the gate receipts will mean a much bigger take than had it been played in a neutral venue, we'll also have our merchandising stall open and selling to any of those bandwagoners who turn up, it's all good for us.

That anyone could complain that we won't be setting off flares and pyrotechnics, which would result in fines to the club, is beyond belief.

corkboy360
16/10/2008, 11:06 PM
Daddy won't let me play with matches....waaaaahhhhhhhh

All that matters to CCFC right now, especially today of all days, is money.
A home final gives us a competitive edge over Glens who have to travel a significant distance down, our percentage of the gate receipts will mean a much bigger take than had it been played in a neutral venue, we'll also have our merchandising stall open and selling to any of those bandwagoners who turn up, it's all good for us.

That anyone could complain that we won't be setting off flares and pyrotechnics, which would result in fines to the club, is beyond belief.
Oh yes i forgot we must be on our best behaviour at all times.Next we will be wearing uniforms and ties and we wont be aloud stand or sing just sit and clap:rolleyes:

tiktok
16/10/2008, 11:17 PM
Oh yes i forgot we must be on our best behaviour at all times.Next we will be wearing uniforms and ties and we wont be aloud stand or sing just sit and clap:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's what I said.
Highlighting that 'pyro' is financial idiocy is the same as demanding that all atmosphere at games is banned.

corkboy360
17/10/2008, 4:35 PM
Yeah, that's what I said.
Highlighting that 'pyro' is financial idiocy is the same as demanding that all atmosphere at games is banned.
We would have to get our atmosphere back first.Not exactly financial idiocity as for the last few flares lit the people who done them paid the fine aswell.This is what i am been told.Nobody was suggesting leaving the fine to tom coughlan and ccfc.Bohs fans pay for there pyro.