PDA

View Full Version : There's no Dublin Bias, we're all paranoid

SÓC
10/10/2003, 9:02 AM
Surprise surprise two Dublin clubs say jump the FAI ask how high

here (http://www.fai.ie/FAI/Welcome+to+the+FAI%21.htm):rolleyes:

Dodge
10/10/2003, 9:26 AM
The only arguement was between two Dublin clubs. How can the league favouring Bohs over Shels show a dublin bias? Paranoid muppet

SÓC
10/10/2003, 9:35 AM
Yea Longford are a Dublin club arent they Dodge?:rolleyes:

Anyone remember a League Cup Semi Final? Im just so paranoid, I just cant help it.

Dodge
10/10/2003, 9:42 AM
Read the Longford section. Pats and Longford agreed to the game being called WEEKS ago. There was never an arguement between those clubs.

And still on that semi? The one that was always fixed for Monday (the day we had designated as our midweek game) ? The game that was NEVER moved?

I'll repeat. paranoid muppet

SÓC
10/10/2003, 9:58 AM
Originally posted by Dodge

And still on that semi? The one that was always fixed for Monday (the day we had designated as our midweek game) ? The game that was NEVER moved?

I'll repeat. paranoid muppet

Ohh lets follow Dodge's logic so.

FAI Cup semi replay was always going to be on Wed. so then the league game today should NEVER have been moved?

Basically Dodge if it had been Cork City or some other non-pale Club looking for a game to be put off it just wouldnt have happened.

Poor old Dodgey-boy cant have a discussion without name calling.

Dodge
10/10/2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Ohh lets follow Dodge's logic so.

FAI Cup semi replay was always going to be on Wed. so then the league game today should NEVER have been moved?

Basically Dodge if it had been Cork City or some other non-pale Club looking for a game to be put off it just wouldnt have happened.

Poor old Dodgey-boy cant have a discussion without name calling.
The name calling referred to thethread title. the muppet bit was put in to counter your :rolleyes:

The FAI fixed the FAI cup semi for Wednesday. Not Pats or Bohs. They wanted it love on TV. (Pats wanted it on Tuesday BTW) What can't you understand?

SÓC
10/10/2003, 10:53 AM
What cant I understand? How there is one rule for one set of clubs and another for the other clubs, surley a bit of an oddity.

Now how was I to know you would take me giving the FAI a rollie-eyes smilie so personally that you would be compelled to call me a muppet.

patsh
10/10/2003, 11:04 AM
No point SoC.
You are trying to deal with a guy who does not know the meaning of logic, is self-contradictory and lives in some world which is up his own hole.
Does not matter what your point is, it will be wrong in that bizarre, dark little tunnel wherein only the green light from the glowing chip on Collins' shoulder permeates.

Dodge
10/10/2003, 11:05 AM
What cant I understand? How there is one rule for one set of clubs and another for the other clubs, surley a bit of an oddity.

can you give me one example of this please?

SÓC
10/10/2003, 11:08 AM
LC Semi. Call it what ya like Dodge very similiar set of facts with two different outcomes, hummm the only substantial difference seems to be one club isnt actually in Dublin.

Is there an echo in here?

Macy
10/10/2003, 11:15 AM
Just to clarify, Longford didn't want the game tonight either... Pats and Longford agreed when the draw was made that in the event of replay the game would be postponed.....

What you should give out about is pro-shels bias in that the only one of the four clubs that actually wanted the games to go ahead tonight was Shels, who the league pandered too...

btw the FAI had no choice once the appeal was lodged, particularly with Bohs ready to go to court to get an injunction if they didn't (which I wouldn't have agreed with)

Dodge
10/10/2003, 11:23 AM
Sighs.

Situation No. 1 League Cup Semi. Home team decides to play match on the day they have nominated for midweek games. League ratifies this.

Situation No. 2 Shels v Bohs. Shels initially ask for game to be postponed. League deny due to worries about extending season. When Cup game needed replay. FAI fixed replay for Wednesday. Bohs asked Shels and league to postpone league game on Friday (with Bohs due to play next Monday too). Shels and League Deny. Bohs appeal. League postpones Friday game in order to hear appeal.

Pats v Longford. When FAI Cup draw is made, Pats and Longford agree that if EITHER semi needs a replay, the Friday league game postponed. When Cup game goes to replay both assume this agreement will be ratified League announces game must be played on Friday. Pats appeal, with the backing on Longford. League eventually postpones both games

The ONLY reason Pats and Longford was dragged into it was because the league didn’t want to give Bohs the opportunity of saying “Well if Pats can postpone their game, why can’t we?”

Now, how are those situations the same?

SÓC
10/10/2003, 11:36 AM
Ok Dodge your dressing it up but it is still very similiar facts. The main difference is;

Situation No. 1 League turns down request -> Non Dub

Situation No. 2 League allows appeal ->Dub

I shall take my leave of this tread, its going nowhere (except trash) fast, dont have the time to spend the day replying

Dodge
10/10/2003, 11:43 AM
Talk about over simplifying it. Nothing AT ALL similar to either situation. Why did Cork want the LC Semi postponed and did they appela or was it just internet talk ;)

Macy
10/10/2003, 12:40 PM
Situation No. 2 League allows appeal ->Dub
Alternatively if they hadn't allowed the appeal -> Dub

Clear bias, yeah.... This one was between 2 Dublin clubs, so no matter what the decision it would've been a decision for a Dub team you thick fookers...

Colm
10/10/2003, 4:37 PM
On the league cup semi, City had been led to believe that the game would be played on the Tuesday, however, Pats then decided to play it on the Monday and, as alway, the FAI took the side of the Dublin club. This denyed City a days recovery. Pats had an extra days rest as they had not played since the previous Thursday night.

On the Shels v Bohs game, read Pat Dolan's column in the Star today. He said that if the two clubs had agreed to play the fixture tomorrow night (saturday), Cork City would have obliged Shels by moving our game v them to Tuesday night.

joe
11/10/2003, 1:51 PM
From what I can remember City were first told that the LC semi-final would be on either Tuesday or Wednesday before being informed that it would go ahead on the Monday. AFAIK the club wrote to the FAI to find out the exact ruling in question but I heard no more on the matter.

I feel sorry for any Longford fans who had booked time off work to go to the match and only find out for sure that morning that the game was off

As to what the porblem is playing three games in Dublin in a week is . . . :rolleyes:

Dodge
13/10/2003, 8:43 AM
The problem is 4 games in 8 days. I thought Fridays games should have gone ahead. Longford maintained all along that they had no intention of playing so they weren't put out that much. I agree it was a disgrace that it was called off only 18 hours before the kick off though.

Who informed City it would be on the Tuesday? A quick check with the league fixtures would have shown all our midweek games down for Mondays.

Oh and whenever the game was to be played we would have had an extra day's rest. Didn't really matter once we played the u21s :D *

Sorry, couldn't resist

SÓC
13/10/2003, 9:47 AM
Pete Mahon seems to think their is a bias shown towards the big Dublin Clubs
here (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=7989)

He must be a thick fooker eh Macy?

Dodge
13/10/2003, 10:00 AM
Where did you read Dublin bias into that? Bit hard to really seeing as its a Dublin man, managing a Dublin club complaining...

SÓC
13/10/2003, 10:47 AM
Com'on now Dodge you know well what I mean. The Dublin Bias is the bias shown towards the "big 4".

What I see is a Dublin man who has been on the inside of one of the four Dublin clubs and knows exactly what the scéal is.

Macy
13/10/2003, 10:48 AM
Pete Mahon seems to think their is a bias shown towards the big Dublin Clubs
here (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=7989)

He must be a thick fooker eh Macy?
Go back to what you said - that a decision between two Dublin clubs showed Dublin bias, or are you really that thick?

btw No allegation of bias in anything Mahon said (just a lack of knowledge - Pats aren't full time!)

SÓC
13/10/2003, 10:55 AM
Mahon pi$$ed off about
preferential treatment

Now Macy a rose by any other name.

Pats aren't fulltime pro but they've got a decent system where their players can train as full time pro's by taking mornings off work.

Schumi
13/10/2003, 11:01 AM
Pete Mahon seems to think their is a bias shown towards the big Dublin Clubs If you read the piece you'll see that he doesn't mention Dublin once. The phrase used is influiential teams. The three games we had to play in 6 days earlier in the season was especially stupid as the Pats game was moved for no good reason.

Dodge
13/10/2003, 12:27 PM
So its not a dublin bias but a bias towards big clubs? Are Cork not a big club? Make up your mind SÓCcfc

razor
13/10/2003, 1:02 PM
So its not a dublin bias but a bias towards big clubs? Are Cork not a big club? Make up your mind SÓCcfc

Us a big club ???
That u should even have to ask.

This has all the symptoms of a big dublin club bias, slightly different i would think to the bias that exists whenever we play but a bias none the less.

SÓC
13/10/2003, 1:48 PM
Com'on now Dodge you know well what I mean. The Dublin Bias is the bias shown towards the "big 4".

How many times Dodgey boy? :rolleyes:

When we say Dublin bias we're not talking about how Merrion Square puts UCD, Dublin City or even Bray before non Dublin teams.

The 4 Dub clubs get things their way, the rest of the league fits in around them.

Macy
13/10/2003, 1:53 PM
The 4 Dub clubs get things their way, the rest of the league fits in around them.
:rolleyes: The decision that started off this thread was a decision between 2 of the big 4, so how was that an example?

Dodge
13/10/2003, 2:15 PM
How many times Dodgey boy? :rolleyes:

When we say Dublin bias we're not talking about how Merrion Square puts UCD, Dublin City or even Bray before non Dublin teams.

How did an arguement between Bohs and Shels show that the 4 big Dub teams get their way?

And how many favours have Pats or Rovers got in the last few years? Serious question...

SÓC
13/10/2003, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by Macy
:rolleyes: The decision that started off this thread was a decision between 2 of the big 4, so how was that an example?

Jeez Macy as a Pats fan yourself I though you'd know they are from Dublin too.

Whats that you say, oh they agreed with Longford to put it back if there was a reply. Not that simple the league, can and should have compelled Longford, Pats, Bohs and Shels to play that game but in the end gave in to the Dubs wishes. If it was City in a similar position it would not have happened so easily.

Macy
13/10/2003, 2:23 PM
But they never went against our wishes - we actually backed Pats appeal.... The whole thing came down to Shels wanting to play, and Bohs not wanting to. Us and Pats just got caught in the crossfire... So whatever spin you want to try and put on it, it was a decision between Shels stance and Bohs stance!?!?!?!

SÓC
13/10/2003, 2:27 PM
This discussion is pointless.

The FAI recieved an appeal from both Pats and Bohs. Now why would Pats appeal if they have arranged to play their game some other time?

Dodge
13/10/2003, 2:36 PM
:sighs:

We we're brought in against our wishes, so that Bohs couldn't say "well you let Pats cancel their game" no more, no less. They appealed because that was the ONLY reason they game was being forced through.

I agree with macy, thick fooker

SÓC
13/10/2003, 2:51 PM
I agree with macy

Now there's a shock:rolleyes: