PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk V Sporting Fingal

Lamper.sffc
13/10/2008, 3:51 PM
I think sporting need to win here if we are to challenge realistically for the title. A draw would suite Dundalk more than us but obviously Dundalk will be looking for the 3 points also.

Whats the mood of the Dundalk fans at the moment. If you lose, will you turn on the manager or has it not got to that stage yet.

Hoping for a good game. I think it will end in a draw to be fair but praying for the victory.

holidaysong
13/10/2008, 7:09 PM
If we win everything will be hunky dory for another week and we'll hope that our promotion hopes are back on track.

If we lose then I'd expect a chorus of boos from the home support and calls for the managers head.

Lamper.sffc
14/10/2008, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I thought it might be getting to that stage with the manager.
Yous should have had the league rapped up by now. When you beat shels i was thinking that was it.

jinxy lilywhite
14/10/2008, 11:41 AM
So where the rest of us and probably fatally the squad.

Gill is on tenderhooks already. Although I try not to be rash and I do think that sacking Gill before the end of the season would have an adverse effect you can't defend the team and manager against the boo boys as performances/results haven't been favourable(1pt from 9). The away draw in Monaghan aside we should of beaten Longford and Wexford (on paper at least).
I've no love or hate for JG but if we don't win the first then he has to go and let someone else take the reins.

Black and White
14/10/2008, 1:37 PM
Absolute shambles lately...performances are terrible and theres a few players who he is sticking with week in week out an their doing nothing....I can see ye having a field day with goals on thursday night....thats why i aint going!!more important things to be doing....like goin to see the Blizzards!!lol

Dunny
14/10/2008, 4:40 PM
Absolute shambles lately...performances are terrible and theres a few players who he is sticking with week in week out an their doing nothing....I can see ye having a field day with goals on thursday night....thats why i aint going!!more important things to be doing....like goin to see the Blizzards!!lol

Ah christ cop on would ya! Yea its been **** lately, but ffs get your arse to Oriel! Its not over yet...

thischarmingman
14/10/2008, 5:12 PM

:eek:

When your club need you the most?!

Lamper.sffc
15/10/2008, 9:31 AM

Have to stick with it. Your team is still in with a great chance to win the title.
Now after we beat you on thursday you will have no chance so you can stop going to games after that.;)

holidaysong
15/10/2008, 1:39 PM
http://www.dundalkfc.com/news/081014_Fingal.asp

Match preview on Dundalkfc.com.. David Cassidy is suspended for us. :(

higgins
15/10/2008, 3:08 PM
Will John Gill be there ? :)

holidaysong
15/10/2008, 4:31 PM
Will John Gill be there ? :)

Yes, unless Pat Scully has replaced him already! :eek:

Duffman
16/10/2008, 10:22 AM
I do think that sacking Gill before the end of the season would have an adverse effect you can't defend the team and manager against the boo boys as performances/results haven't been favourable(1pt from 9). The away draw in Monaghan aside we should of beaten Longford and Wexford (on paper at least).
I've no love or hate for JG but if we don't win the first then he has to go and let someone else take the reins.

+1 for me. The amount of anti-Gill feeling around town and Oriel Web is a bit much for me to listen to. I haven't agreed with a lot of his teams or his inrunning decisions for the last 2 years but he is still the man in charge and for the rest of the season at least then we should be getting behind him in games. It is 3 years now, win or bust at this stage.

On the upside, just watched the highlights on www.dundalkfc.com from the last Fingal game in OP. Fingal are no bad side at all, Doyle and Hines are always going to give you trouble.

Lamper.sffc
16/10/2008, 12:31 PM
We are a good side. We have had a bit of a wobble in recent weeks but the result against waterford will hopefully get us back on track. The thing that worries me slightly is we have been letting in stupid goals lately. I wish Paul Rogers was still with the club. He had a calming affect on the defense. Without him i think we panic a bit when defending, alot of last ditch tackles.
Our keeper Clarke is a very good shot stopper but he has this habit of coming outside his box too often and then doesnt come of his line for crosses.

Lets hope its not a draw, Dont want them shels getting further away from both of us.

jinxy lilywhite
16/10/2008, 1:48 PM
We are a good side. We have had a bit of a wobble in recent weeks but the result against waterford will hopefully get us back on track. The thing that worries me slightly is we have been letting in stupid goals lately. I wish Paul Rogers was still with the club. He had a calming affect on the defense. Without him i think we panic a bit when defending, alot of last ditch tackles.
Our keeper Clarke is a very good shot stopper but he has this habit of coming outside his box too often and then doesnt come of his line for crosses.

Lets hope its not a draw, Dont want them shels getting further away from both of us.

We are leaking more goals. Could be a 6-5. dont think my heart could take that.