PDA

View Full Version : It is time - SWI-IRL predictions

Sheridan
09/10/2003, 3:34 PM
I'm afraid I'm finding it impossible to see any grounds for optimisim. Certainly, Switzerland are a mediocre team, but Ireland's total inability to win away from home against decent opposition points to failure on this occasion. My prediction; Kerr goes with a tried-and-failed defensive line-up, Ireland start brightly before fading from the twentieth minute onwards. Switzerland score early in the second half, Ireland press forward desperately, allowing Switzerland to score again, before getting a consolation goal late in the game. Hope I'm wrong...

Prediction: Switzerland 2-1 Ireland

niamh
09/10/2003, 5:10 PM
Ireland can and should beat Switzerland. I don't think we actually will though.

brine2
09/10/2003, 5:30 PM
1-1, with a shock Georgian win over Russia.

ger121
09/10/2003, 5:57 PM
1-1 I'd say. Georgia to get a point in Moscow

Peat Burns
09/10/2003, 6:36 PM
2-1 to ireland
1-1 Russsia and Georgia

Pogsly
10/10/2003, 12:08 AM
Well it seems as if the Pessmists are staying at home and the optimists are going to the land of cheese and clocks. Anyway , any1 who forsees an emphatic Swiss win and a positive result for Georgia should seek solice in Dundrum , as these results will not happen . I have been in consultation with Mystic Meg all week and she has assured me that Robbie will score a penalty to win the match at some point midway though the second half whilst Colin Healy will put in aperformance to show that he is ready to take the helm in midfield with a performance that would leave his Corkness in awe .

:D

thecorner
10/10/2003, 2:28 AM
enjoy the last ****-up for a while
there will be none in 2004

cant see us taking anything from the game

Ptizetre
10/10/2003, 6:18 AM
2-1 for Switzerland ;-)

Yakin und Chapuisat

then Keane

NigeSausagepump
10/10/2003, 7:55 AM
Cautious first half with few chances, ends 0-0. Kerr hears at half time that Russia are beating Georgia, so has to change it and go all out for a goal. As in the Landsdowne road game, Ireland's midfield and central defence prove woefully under-equipped to deal with counter-attacking midfield runners and ship two goals. A late, late consolation makes it 2-1 Switzerland.

God I hope I'm wrong though!

Ptizetre
10/10/2003, 11:25 AM
Hey Sheridan,

about your comment Certainly, Switzerland are a mediocre team....

Just some information in case you don't know our team :

Stéphane Henchoz (Liverpool)
Patrick Müller (Lyon, captain)
Fabio Celestini (Marseille, captain)
Johann Vogel (PSV)
Hakan Yakin (Should have played with PSG)
Chapuisat (Ex-Dortmund)

etc..etc...

Beware of Hakan, Hé Hé !

Pogsly
10/10/2003, 11:30 AM
As for Chapusiat being a threat my Granny would outpace Stefan and she's cremated !! Once thwe Irsish midfield get stuck in the Swiss nonces will be more concerned about not getting injured and the game will no longer be acontest with Duffman and Keano running the show .

Ptizetre
10/10/2003, 11:59 AM
To be honest, i'm bit nervous, aren't you ? ;-)

Raggamurphy
10/10/2003, 1:14 PM
Originally posted by Pogsly
the match at some point midway though the second half whilst Colin Healy will put in aperformance to show that he is ready to take the helm in midfield with a performance that would leave his Corkness in awe .

If you can guarantee that Healy is starting you can have my ticket and save me the journey. He stunk out every game he has played so far. Kinsella, Holland, Healey, Carsley. BACKWARDS, BACKWARDS , SIDEWAYS......OOPS.

liamon
10/10/2003, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by NigeSausagepump
Kerr hears ..that Russia are beating Georgia, so has to change it and go all out for a goal. As in the Landsdowne road game, Ireland's midfield and central defence prove woefully under-equipped to deal with counter-attacking midfield runners ...

That's my nightmare scenario. Only thing is, the Swiss won't want to settle for a playoff place, so they'll need to push on as well against us.

It's going to be close and I think whoever scores first will win. The other team will have to come out then and attack and that'll create openings. Fingers crossed, we can get the result.

Sheridan
10/10/2003, 2:01 PM
Originally posted by Ptizetre
Certainly, Switzerland are a mediocre team....

Just some information in case you don't know our team :

Stéphane Henchoz (Liverpool)
Patrick Müller (Lyon, captain)
Fabio Celestini (Marseille, captain)
Johann Vogel (PSV)
Hakan Yakin (Should have played with PSG)
Chapuisat (Ex-Dortmund)
I have this sneaking suspicion that your response is somehow intended to contradict my original statement, but I'm damned if I can figure out how.

petef
10/10/2003, 10:18 PM
Attracting swiss members now, very cultured.

tricky_colour
11/10/2003, 12:57 AM
Swiss 0:2 Ireland
Same as the U21 result tonight.

They are by no means unbeatable at home as the U21's have
shown.

Wishing the team good luck.

Ptizetre
11/10/2003, 9:17 AM
Switzerland 3 Irland 1

You have no chance in Basel.

Good luck, anyway !

yur man
11/10/2003, 11:23 AM
1-2

keane and duff to send us into the qualifiers

sadloserkid
13/10/2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Pogsly
Colin Healy will put in aperformance to show that he is ready to take the helm in midfield with a performance that would leave his Corkness in awe .

Neve mind Pogsly, you can't get them all right...