PDA

View Full Version : Parking in/around croker

ParkLife
12/10/2008, 10:17 AM
Hi, We're travelling to Croker on Wednesday by camper van, is there any place we can park it up without worrying if it'll be broken into or vandalised. It's a new camper van so the guy that owns it is a bit concerned about leaving it on the street. Any ideas where we could leave it? Cheers.

Claret Murph
12/10/2008, 10:47 AM
Hi, We're travelling to Croker on Wednesday by camper van, is there any place we can park it up without worrying if it'll be broken into or vandalised. It's a new camper van so the guy that owns it is a bit concerned about leaving it on the street. Any ideas where we could leave it? Cheers.

You should try one of the halting sites around Croke Park , just tell the lads when you park up that you are one of the posh lot from up the country ;););)

Bluetonic
12/10/2008, 12:55 PM
You'll be fine in the majority of place but on the Lower or Upper Drumcondra Road from Griffith Avenue to the Tolka would be a good recommendation based on the fact that it's a busy road. If your that worried about it the Drumcondra Road at the Griffith Avenue end has a Garda Station right beside it and there's plenty of parking up along the verge between path and road where the old trees are. 10/15 minute walk to Croker.

hamburg paul
12/10/2008, 2:20 PM

Has the camper got a telly ? cause if you get stuck on the M50 you wont have a problem with parking:)

ParkLife
13/10/2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks Blue tonic...no thanks to the other 2 smart arses!!! Is there any where else ye can recommend, just want to have a few places where we can park instead of spending half the evening trying to find this one place to park. Cheers.

Sligo Hornet
13/10/2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks Blue tonic...no thanks to the other 2 smart arses!!! Is there any where else ye can recommend, just want to have a few places where we can park instead of spending half the evening trying to find this one place to park. Cheers.

Well done Murph.....finally someone thinks you're "Smart":D

Claret Murph
13/10/2008, 12:01 PM
Well done Murph.....finally someone thinks you're "Smart":D

Enjoy it while you can Hornet and I am sure Green Tribe will put manners on yer at some stage during the day .
Who knows I may even see you on Wednesday before the game , I will look out for your shirt ........

Is Humps making the trip over ? and did I read somewhere that Mr & Mrs Mule with be with you ???

Sligo Hornet
13/10/2008, 12:12 PM
Enjoy it while you can Hornet and I am sure Green Tribe will put manners on yer at some stage during the day .
Who knows I may even see you on Wednesday before the game , I will look out for your shirt ........

Is Humps making the trip over ? and did I read somewhere that Mr & Mrs Mule with be with you ???

Yeah they are all coming!

gspain
13/10/2008, 12:56 PM

Traffic and parking around the ground for midweek games are huge problems. On a normal wednesday evening traffic is a problem in the area so a match just means gridlock.

You could park in the Luas P&R o nthe Naas road and get in from there. It will save you a lot of time beforehand but you lose it afterwards.

no easy answers I'm afraid.

SuperDub
13/10/2008, 10:25 PM
You could try Clontarf Road Dart Station. There is a big Car Park there. Its about a 15 Minute walk to croker from there. You can get to the M50 from there by taking the malahide road to tesco at clarehall and takung the N32 from there. Should be pretty quiet at that time of night. Just a suggestion.

drummerboy
14/10/2008, 7:59 AM
You could park in the car park at Tolka House opposite Pyramid church and beside Botanic Gardens. Its about 15 minute walk to Croke Park from there.