PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Pitches/weather

shep
10/10/2008, 9:07 AM
I am heading to Wexford tonight,just wondering is there any danger of the pitch being unplayable etc.. or am i ok to just head on up.

sligored
10/10/2008, 9:16 AM
theres a bit of water lying on the warm up pitch but the main pitch is the best in the country. sorry mick , i meant to say best in the world

Dodge
10/10/2008, 9:20 AM
Wexford's pitch will be fine. Unless you want to warm up on it first

noby
10/10/2008, 9:20 AM
theres a bit of water lying on the warm up pitch

...but you won't see it with the mood lighting.

superfrank
10/10/2008, 9:55 AM
FAO Derry fans, there was no rain in Bray when I left this morning. A bit of drizzle last night but I'd expect a downpour of Biblical proportions to wreck the pitch by 7.45pm.

oldyouth
10/10/2008, 10:33 AM
I am heading to Wexford tonight,just wondering is there any danger of the pitch being unplayable etc.. or am i ok to just head on up.
Due to the fact we protect our pitch:D, it will be perfectly playable. However, the wind and rain down here is likely to affect the football on display.

Don't forget your torch, reflective jacket and maybe a search and rescue flare 'cos it might get dark early

Monkfish
10/10/2008, 10:56 AM
However, the wind and rain down here is likely to affect the football on display.

Any old excuse eh :p how long before wallace wraps the players up in cotton wool and ye blame that?

Any news from Longford?

dublin_owl
10/10/2008, 11:04 AM
how long before wallace wraps the players up in cotton wool and ye blame that?

Quite a while I'd say, considering the fact that Mick makes them play training matches with their eyes gouged out, on broken glass and hot coals, in their bare feet, with snipers firing automatic weapons at them.

Monkfish
10/10/2008, 11:13 AM
Quite a while I'd say, considering the fact that Mick makes them play training matches with their eyes gouged out, on broken glass and hot coals, in their bare feet, with snipers firing automatic weapons at them.

Wow you do have a lot of excuses other than blaming the weather, my mistake!

dublin_owl
10/10/2008, 11:24 AM
Wow you do have a lot of excuses other than blaming the weather, my mistake!

Not excuses Monkfish - facts! ;)

passinginterest
10/10/2008, 11:26 AM

When did Noel O'Connor start taking training down to Limerick? :o

Monkfish
10/10/2008, 12:04 PM
When did Noel O'Connor start taking training down to Limerick? :o

Ever since his hack and hoof policy started to harm micks manicured lawns no doubt.

hollocaine
10/10/2008, 12:10 PM
Any news from Longford?

There's been alot of rain here over last 36 hours or so. If game was on tonight, I'd say it would definitely be off. We'll see what happens...

brendy_éire
10/10/2008, 12:12 PM
FAO Derry fans, there was no rain in Bray when I left this morning. A bit of drizzle last night but I'd expect a downpour of Biblical proportions to wreck the pitch by 7.45pm.

What's it like atm? It's bucketing in Belfast.

sligoman
10/10/2008, 12:13 PM
or am i ok to just head on up.Up?:confused: If you live in Dundalk then surely you'd need to head down;)

Monkfish
10/10/2008, 12:18 PM
There's been alot of rain here over last 36 hours or so. If game was on tonight, I'd say it would definitely be off. We'll see what happens...

Supposed to dry up tomorrow so hopefully the pitch can hold out until then.

jebus
10/10/2008, 12:30 PM
Due to the fact we protect our pitch:D, it will be perfectly playable. However, the wind and rain down here is likely to affect the football on display.

That's a slap in the face to the visiting fans who expect the usual free flowing, Ajax style football normally on display in Wexford

OneRedArmy
10/10/2008, 12:31 PM
What's it like atm? It's bucketing in Belfast.Windy but dry.

Splurge
10/10/2008, 12:32 PM
That's a slap in the face to the visiting fans who expect the usual free flowing, Ajax style football normally on display in Wexford
We whooped your asses last time you came and bothered to play.

Longfordian
10/10/2008, 12:36 PM
Supposed to dry up tomorrow so hopefully the pitch can hold out until then.

The pitch has been pretty good at draining this year so hopefully with a few dry hours it should be alright.

superfrank
10/10/2008, 1:05 PM
What's it like atm? It's bucketing in Belfast.
It's still ok down here. It was pretty cloudy back in Dublin though.

oldyouth
10/10/2008, 1:23 PM
Jebus, take time to read the post. I said it would affect the quality of football on display. Both will find it difficult. It takes two teams to play a match:D

Magicme
10/10/2008, 2:52 PM
Could be looking at our first called off game due to weather in years. Expecting a late pitch inspection.

Monkfish
10/10/2008, 3:13 PM
We whooped your asses last time you came and bothered to play.

Trust you lot to get excited over a 1-0 win. :o

dublin_owl
10/10/2008, 3:22 PM
Trust you lot to get excited over a 1-0 win. :o

According to Lim til I die, Wexford are "fetid tripe" and "one of the worst teams in LOI history" - doesn't say a whole lot for Limericks collection of world beaters when you look at your record against us this season. :ball:

BrayUnknowns
10/10/2008, 3:30 PM
Bray has been bone dry all day and very humid, even got a bit of sun at stages. But it has threatened to rain a good bit to... no rain so far, but i reckon it will at some stage. Lets just hope it's not before kick off :ball:

superfrank
10/10/2008, 3:43 PM
It's probably too late to call off at this stage anyway.

sadloserkid
10/10/2008, 3:47 PM
doesn't say a whole lot for Limericks collection of world beaters when you look at your record against us this season. :ball:

So what have you now? 1 win in 7 against us or some such?

dublin_owl
10/10/2008, 3:53 PM
So what have you now? 1 win in 7 against us or some such?

Yeah, something like that. Why do you ask?

Monkfish
10/10/2008, 4:33 PM
According to Lim til I die, Wexford are "fetid tripe" and "one of the worst teams in LOI history" -

That might be down to your 5-5-0 formation. Considering your 14 points behind a team that for the first half of the year was mainly patched up (us) id say its another poor season for the hoofs. :p

Any chance of keeping this thread on topic from now on? lot of rain means a lot of games in danger. Ta. ;)

iceman
10/10/2008, 4:34 PM
Has been bucketing down in Drogheda for the past few hours , eased a little now to a heavy drizzle. Would expect a pitch inspection , the corner at the Drogs entrance at crosslanes has waterlogged before.

dublin_owl
10/10/2008, 4:43 PM
That might be down to your 5-5-0 formation. Considering your 14 points behind a team that for the first half of the year was mainly patched up (us) id say its another poor season for the hoofs. :p

Ah, we'll make a late surge! ;)

Any chance of keeping this thread on topic from now on? lot of rain means a lot of games in danger. Ta. ;)[/quote]

Hmmmm, we have kind of trailed off slightly.

iceman
10/10/2008, 5:02 PM
Have been told United Park is "just ok" at the moment , match referee going to have a look shortly but looks like game is on.

Magicme
10/10/2008, 5:35 PM
As predicted earlier our game is off. Just had a pitch inspection.