PDA

View Full Version : TV 3 Eircom league Coverage

Ringo
08/10/2003, 12:36 PM
No coverage is given to the first division, only if you pay and have your matches recorded will they show it and then only goals. How can Noel King give an unbiased view of the first division.:mad:

Rocky
08/10/2003, 1:27 PM
Yeah. TV3's coverage is going down. Where are the live games we were promised? At least it forced RTE to take an interest. Maybe they will start a highlights show after the TV3 deal runs out. It looked good at the start but now!!

Ringo
08/10/2003, 2:08 PM
why does it have to be on so late , do they want it to fail?:mad:

pineapple stu
08/10/2003, 4:43 PM
Also, where are the Wednesday afternoon repeats gone? Haven't seen them in the TV listings the last couple of weeks.

Peat Burns
08/10/2003, 4:45 PM
the wednesday repeats have been cancelled:(

pineapple stu
08/10/2003, 4:46 PM
Any idea why?

Peat Burns
08/10/2003, 4:56 PM
no

UCD_4_Life
08/10/2003, 7:01 PM
I haven't watched it in ages, mostly due to the fact that it's shíte.

The "highlights" are just a few clips taken from the match. Those same clips are then shown again (at least once) straight after that.

Any good features like the fans forum were gotten rid of at the start of the new season for no reason.

I wouldn't mind the late start if there was a reason to actually watch the bloody thing.

ger121
08/10/2003, 9:41 PM
I just got this of tv3's website.

tvthree is the new home of the Eircom League. A dedicated weekly, Monday night, Eircom League programme will feature highlights and analysis from at least two Eircom League matches per week.

We also feature guests who are heavily involved in the game including managers, players and members of the media who report on the game on an ongoing basis. tvthree's first live Eircom League match to will be Bohemians V Shelbourne at the beginning of November. .

As far as I know they will be showing four more games between now and the end of the season.

A face
08/10/2003, 11:44 PM
sports@tv3.ie

Dr.Nightdub
09/10/2003, 1:18 AM
The TV3 deal involves them showing 20 live games over five seasons, though it doesn't specify that the games have tom be spread evenly, four per season. So far, I think they've only shown Bohs v Shels last season and Cork v us at the start of this season. They were meant to be showing us v Bohs on the 17th but I believe that's not gonna be broadcast live now.

Pity they missed out on tonight's Cup cracker though...

pete
09/10/2003, 11:25 AM
I think tv3 knew what they were doing all along. They get 40mins of late night tv with a niche following & costs them feck all to show it cos the clubs actually provide the footage.

At this stage tv3 will be showing a weekly live game by season 5.

:eek:

btw Trevor Welsh introduced the CCFC v Waterford game last week with a tv screen showing Waterford v Cork City.

:rolleyes:

Bluebeard
09/10/2003, 4:57 PM
What was RTÉs coverage of the semis like? I missed the whole shooting match and had to get the "highlights" on "TV"3.

Peat Burns
09/10/2003, 6:47 PM
it was alright not much of a build up though only 5 mins before the match started

Schumi
10/10/2003, 2:09 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub
The TV3 deal involves them showing 20 live games over five seasons Is that not void now with the Sky deal going down?

ShelsTim
11/10/2003, 7:54 PM
The Sky Deal didn't go down, they still show the home games, just the government made it so they had to be shown live on terrestrial TV aswell.

As for TV3, at least they're doing something, I presume it wasn't a pre-requisit for getting the delayed live games. So far they've showed three games and when I e-mailed them they said they had no more plans to show more this season but that deciscions to show them live are taken much closer to the match date. I'm sure they'll show at least one before the end of the season. What would RTE have given us? One or two every five seasons bar the cup? Though I agree TV3 could improve the coverage in a number of ways, the best way woulld be to extend the show to an hour, show extended highlights for one or two 'main game's with live commentary, then a clips package for the rest and the first division with a panel discussing each game for a good 5-10 minutes for the main games and around the same for all the smaller games + first division. In my view anyway.

And before I go, TV3 send camera-men out for the games, plus paying a commentator for each game plus Trevor and whoever's in the studio, it would add up.

pineapple stu
12/10/2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by ShelsTim
And before I go, TV3 send camera-men out for the games, plus paying a commentator for each game plus Trevor and whoever's in the studio, it would add up.

Not for all games though - UCD, Dublin City and Finn Harps all pay an outsider to do games and send them into TV3. There's no real commentating work either - just a two-minute talk-over. Anyone could do that, and probably cheaper than sending someone to the game.

ger121
12/10/2003, 4:44 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Not for all games though - UCD, Dublin City and Finn Harps all pay an outsider to do games and send them into TV3. There's no real commentating work either - just a two-minute talk-over. Anyone could do that, and probably cheaper than sending someone to the game.

Pineapple stu, say you are playing one of the Dublin clubs or Cork at Belfield, do you still have to pay to get the game shown on el weekly or do they send a camera along. If you have to pay for all the games then that is shocking. No team in the Premier should be ignored as they all have a part to play in the season.

pineapple stu
13/10/2003, 5:56 PM
Originally posted by ger121
Pineapple stu, say you are playing one of the Dublin clubs or Cork at Belfield, do you still have to pay to get the game shown on el weekly or do they send a camera along. If you have to pay for all the games then that is shocking. No team in the Premier should be ignored as they all have a part to play in the season.

I think that what the story is is that at the start of the season, we weren't getting shown (as the TV3 agreement only called for two games a week to have cameras). So we decided to do our own coverage and send it in. I saw TV3 a few times last season, but only once this season, and that was last week when there were only two games on )and the quality of the video was ridiculously poor!!). So as far as I know, we're videoing all our games and sending them all in. Drogheda I think organised it that way too.

Jaime
14/10/2003, 4:57 PM
Bohs started filming all home games last season too, but it's not a very satisfactory arrangement long term, especially if Unions become involved, which has threatened to happen in the past.

Longfordian
14/10/2003, 7:19 PM
The Town record all their home games and send up the tape too. We rang them up to find out why they hardly ever covered us last season and they said they couldn't afford to send someone down so we did it ourselves. They were talking about showing our game at home to Shels live but i dont think theyre going ahead with it now...

ShelsTim
14/10/2003, 8:06 PM
Well, I stand corrected, do the clubs get paid for sending in tapes? Do the clubs get paid even for the clips being shown? If they're going to show any game, it'll be a Dublin Derby, most likely Shels-Bohs, but possibly Shels-Rovers, assuming that that match takes on huge importance.

hoopy
14/10/2003, 8:11 PM
Isnt RTE showing Pats/Bohs on the 17th,not TV3

pete
15/10/2003, 12:27 PM
This weeks eL weekly was strange.

Showed quick highlights of 2 of mondays games, then showed the league table etc... & 2nd half of programme was a bit like throwing together all the unused tapes from the last week.

:rolleyes:

pete
16/10/2003, 1:48 PM
IMO TV3 keep eL weekly on at such a late time slot cos they knwo they people who are watching it will watch at whatever time it shown i.e. tv get to fill a late night tv slot & keep dedicated viewers/supporters.

RTE apparently were doing the same thing with that West Wing tv show. They kept moving the time slow later & later & then admitted they doing it cos knew those watching it would follow the show to whatever time slot it shown at.