PDA

View Full Version : FAI Marketing Campaign 2009

Pages : [1] 2

A face
08/10/2008, 8:37 PM
I think most people have read about the FAI Fans Forum (http://foot.ie/announcement.php?f=14&a=98) on Saturday in Abbottstown. One of the main focuses on the day will be the FAI's Marketing Campaign for 2009, with the opportunity for fans to offer ideas that they think would work for next years campaign.

This is the last chance for fans to give their ideas en masse (people can email what they think would work any time) and people are encouraged to bring along any promotional ideas and marketing initiatives (bring pictures, storyboards, concepts, etc.) they feel should be discussed, and obviously any questions they want to ask as well.

With that in mind, does anyone have any ideas they think would work? Is there anything that not being done but that could/should be done?

Over this season loads of us on here have said that there isn't enough marketing, and that more should be done. Do you have any ideas? Is there anything you want to see?

P.S. Who on here is going to this as well?

Martinho II
08/10/2008, 8:46 PM
me massop 10 and ltfc2004 are goin on sat...

Magicme
08/10/2008, 9:26 PM
People are always complaining about there not being a good marketing campaign and the FAI not promoting the league properly so now is the chance for the fans to have an input into the future one and to help sculpt a campaign that will attract people.

The Rebel Ram
08/10/2008, 9:37 PM
I think most people have read about the FAI Fans Forum (http://foot.ie/announcement.php?f=14&a=98) on Saturday in Abbottstown. One of the main focuses on the day will be the FAI's Marketing Campaign for 2009, with the opportunity for fans to offer ideas that they think would work for next years campaign.

This is the last chance for fans to give their ideas en masse (people can email what they think would work any time) and people are encouraged to bring along any promotional ideas and marketing initiatives (bring pictures, storyboards, concepts, etc.) they feel should be discussed, and obviously any questions they want to ask as well.

With that in mind, does anyone have any ideas they think would work? Is there anything that not being done but that could/should be done?

Over this season loads of us on here have said that there isn't enough marketing, and that more should be done. Do you have any ideas? Is there anything you want to see?

P.S. Who on here is going to this as well?

I strongly feel that a reduction in the admission price to €12/€10 is a must. Clubs will not want to due this due to the 65% ruling next season but I feel for the sake of the leagues future it is necessary.

Longfordian
08/10/2008, 9:40 PM
They can start by making a better fist of the TV ads if they're going to do any. That one with the two lads in Dalymount was cringeworthy. Have a decent ad with crowd scenes or action or at least some sort of atmosphere to it, not just two fellas going "ah sure it's great isn't it, you'll come out ya will?".

Battery Rover
08/10/2008, 9:42 PM
These forums in my opinion are great ideas as there is a lot of excellent knowledge out there and now they have a voice

SkStu
08/10/2008, 9:46 PM
i think something along the lines of the Pats poster would be a very direct tactic. Obviously not as inflammatory to the poor barstooling souls but get that message out there. Support Irish. Take pride in being Irish. Celtic, ManU, Pool etc etc are English.

exciting ads, as mentioned above is another must. The league has enough of a "one man and his dog" image - show shots of the fans going nuts, great goals and so on... get the blood pumping, show the masses that it is football and its up there with the Premiership in terms of entertainment.

Get clubs to lower prices (value for money a must) and introduce reward schemes to new/floating fans.

Just some initial thoughts...

A face
08/10/2008, 9:50 PM
I strongly feel that a reduction in the admission price to €12/€10 is a must. Clubs will not want to due this due to the 65% ruling next season but I feel for the sake of the leagues future it is necessary.

Man, i cant see that happening. Its more people through the gates that we need. The league games are the cheapest gig in town. You cant name another event on the same scale that is cheaper. Dropping prices is not the answer .... but hey, make your case for it and send it to Noel Mooney.

They can start by making a better fist of the TV ads if they're going to do any. That one with the two lads in Dalymount was cringeworthy. Have a decent ad with crowd scenes or action or at least some sort of atmosphere to it, not just two fellas going "ah sure it's great isn't it, you'll come out ya will?".

That TV ad has won awards this year, ahead of some stiff competition so the quality of the ad (the presentation of it) is considered the best in the industry.

If its the concept that you think needs improving, get it down on paper or email or whatever and sent it on.

Exciting ads, as mentioned above is another must. The league has enough of a "one man and his dog" image - show shots of the fans going nuts, great goals and so on... get the blood pumping, show the masses that it is football and its up there with the Premiership in terms of entertainment.

I'd agree, i go to games, meeting mates, few beers, have a laugh, into the game for a good game of ball, its a great night out and most of us are at a loss when the season ends. Thats what should be conveyed, its actually a great bit of entertainment and most people realise this once they have gone to a few games.

Get clubs to lower prices (value for money a must) and introduce reward schemes to new/floating fans.

We cannot drop prices, reward schemes yeah but dropping prices is mad. Its the cheapest thing out there. Even basketball games are dearer in Cork. Boxing Night in Neptune in Cork is €75 ... a City game is €15 ..... man the cinema is €10. We cannot drop prices simply because that not the thing thats keeping people away.

Longfordian
08/10/2008, 9:55 PM
I thought you wanted suggestions here?. Martinho as my club rep can tell them if he's reading!.

foxx92
08/10/2008, 9:57 PM
A good ad to make would be two barstoolers watching a Liverpool/ManU match against yer Fulhams/Wigans. The match they would be watching with Andy Gray commentating would be depressing and boring...screne changes to a ELOI derby game...huge crows...bands...excitement, passion etc....back to gloomy pub with the two lads sying how much such and such cost etc...back to ELOI match etc. A good ad can get more to go to matches!

A face
08/10/2008, 10:07 PM
I thought you wanted suggestions here?. Martinho as my club rep can tell them if he's reading!.

:) Yeah -> "Have a decent ad with crowd scenes or action or at least some sort of atmosphere to it" .... thats good and i think everyone on here would agree with you hands down, but i'd be guessing that the Marketing dept know this as well. You'd need a bit more than that to give a marketing company to work with.

A face
08/10/2008, 10:31 PM
A good ad to make would be two barstoolers watching a Liverpool/ManU match against yer Fulhams/Wigans. The match they would be watching with Andy Gray commentating would be depressing and boring...screne changes to a ELOI derby game...huge crows...bands...excitement, passion etc....back to gloomy pub with the two lads sying how much such and such cost etc...back to ELOI match etc. A good ad can get more to go to matches!

Yeah, i like it ..... and to add to that, something that actually happened

Two barstoolers in a bar, over hear another group of people chatting about the derby game that was coming up, it was 2-3 dubs (Bohs or Rovers fans, or maybe just guys who had an interest in the domestic game) chatting to two Spanish friends. The two barstoolers got up off their seats, walk over to the group, but in giving out about the local derby and running the game down. The two Spanish guys ask where they are from, when were they last at a game, and basically tried to find out what their story was?

The two stoolers were asking the two foreigners who they supported and when their answer was neither Barcelona or Real Madrid the two stoolers come out with "fair play for supporting your own" :eek:

MariborKev
08/10/2008, 10:35 PM
Man, i cant see that happening. Its more people through the gates that we need. The league games are the cheapest gig in town. You cant name another event on the same scale that is cheaper. Dropping prices is not the answer .... but hey, make your case for it and send it to Noel Mooney.

Don't agree with that, and the County final in Derry was cheaper than the Brandywell. Most National League games are too. Make all the "they don't have wages to pay" arguments you want, but to the floating punter that is what matters.

We need to start paying people less, and spending more on this type of stuff.

Initiatives such as "Kids for a Quid" should be run for LC games etc. These are low profile games that don't attract a crowd anyway. There is a goldmine of Supporter driven initiatives in the UK, we must mine these.

I got a DVD in from Blue Sq with "the best of the Blue Sq Conference 07/08". This was sent out free to Blue Sq customers and although the grounds are no better and the standard is certainly not as good, it is a fantastic product to advertise the Blue Sq. I'll be bringing it along on Saturday. Why can't BoyleSports do the same.

Other partnerships with Boylesports in the same way Rovers have with William Hill to promote the game in the shops.

Clubs should be made to concentrate more on the student market. Offer a special 6/10/12 game "season ticket" to tie in with opening days at third level institutions. At that stage of the season most clubs will know what they are playing for, will know what their crowds are, and therefore can give out sufficient numbers.

You will be able to catch students who may not have followed a side prior to coming to College, and they may come back for the start of the next season.

There are so many cheap/free ways to market this League better.

pete
08/10/2008, 10:47 PM
The TV ads are very poor. Just enforces the 2 man and a dog reputation.

Revamp the LOI website (currently it is disjointed & amateur looking) with proper multimedia content
TV advert similar to the DVD RTE did for Football rights pitch (great goals, flags, flares (maybe), show the passion.
Would like to see them investigate idea of LOI Fantasy football - it is great way of getting interest in the league

A face
08/10/2008, 10:57 PM
Would like to see them investigate idea of LOI Fantasy football - it is great way of getting interest in the league

That is something that they should seriously look into, and while were at it .... how didn't the FAI ever get in on the five-aside astro turf game? There is so much money to be made here every night of the week, nightowls league as well and they dont see any of it? How did they let that happen?

sligoman
08/10/2008, 11:00 PM
Would like to see them investigate idea of LOI Fantasy football - it is great way of getting interest in the leagueThat and LOI sticker books, similar to this (http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/images/JonMC/December2006/merlinsticker-180.jpg). I used to collect the Premiership ones as a young fella and it got me interested in their league. I don't think it can do any harm here, get kids familiar with the players and history of clubs while they're young and their mind can be changed to supporting the league, if needs be, include an international team section which might entice the younger generation to buy it more rather than if it just has the LOI. If it doesn't work, I'm sure it won't dent the FAI's bank balance too much. Worth a shot in my opinion!

Jicked
08/10/2008, 11:43 PM
One thing that I've always thought should have been implemented is proper squad numbers. With some clubs wearing 1-11, some wearing squad numbers, and all with their own fonts/numbering, it really adds to a two men and his dog feel to the league.
Almost all serious leagues in Europe now wear squad numbers, or at least standardised lettering on the back of shirts, and its little things like that that will help show the league to be a little more modern and professional to occasional viewers who probably dismiss the league as being amateur hour. And if clubs in England's League Two can implement standard numbering and squad numbers then I dont see why we couldn't.

Longfordian
09/10/2008, 12:25 AM
:) Yeah -> "Have a decent ad with crowd scenes or action or at least some sort of atmosphere to it" .... thats good and i think everyone on here would agree with you hands down, but i'd be guessing that the Marketing dept know this as well. You'd need a bit more than that to give a marketing company to work with.

That's why they work for a marketing company and I'm sitting posting on here at 1.20 a.m. :) . Over and out.

thischarmingman
09/10/2008, 1:38 AM
I think we should adopt the Ryanair approach and have more witty, cheeky, memorable ads that convey the spirit of the league,

Look a these for example:

http://www.larryni.me.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/ryanair.jpg

http://collateraldamage.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/ryanair.jpg

http://www.asa.org.uk/NR/rdonlyres/EFC718AB-3DCA-4862-8F1A-CDF8AE837265/1266/ryanair_ad.jpg

They stand out, they stick in your mind, they're mildly offensive, they're bold and they'e in-your-face.

gspain
09/10/2008, 10:29 AM
Have some family days at games - advertise them.

Distribute tickets to schools etc with free entry to games for kids accompanied by a paying adult.

Offer group discounts to a company's sports and social club for a night out at a game. Ideal for clubs with a bar too.

A face
09/10/2008, 11:18 AM
That's why they work for a marketing company and I'm sitting posting on here at 1.20 a.m. :) . Over and out.

The raison d'etre of the thread was to kinda brainstorm for idea that a marketing company might use, or more importantly ideas that LOI fans think should happen and what they would like to see but i hear ya and totally see you point. No worries

finnpark
09/10/2008, 11:25 AM
Have a ladies day where wives and girlfriends go free. ;)

Also, drinking and betting should be included too ;)

brianw82
09/10/2008, 11:49 AM
I'm reminded of that bit in Father Ted when the 3 bishops come along, and one of them keeps saying to Jack, "We have to sort out the media!"

Joking aside, I think this statement is appropriate to any potential advertising. The 'headline' Irish football news in the past week has been the Wexford/Limerick thing (relatively big article on that) and today, the Bohs/Drogheda spat. Both are lead stories, yet genuine achievements on the pitch are left to scrap for sidebar inches.
People in this country really take what the media says to heart, so if they say "LOI is crap", all the marketing in the world won't make much difference.

A face
09/10/2008, 11:55 AM
I think that at least some of the marketing ads/campaign needs to rely to guys 17-35 that going to a game of ball is a cool thing to do, meeting mates and having a laugh and if there are ladies days where wives and girlfriends go free you need to let people know that there are women there.

Now that its been said about the 'one man and his dog' element i'd agree, that needs to change. I think a good idea is to show the pre match build up, a 25 year old guy buying a paper for the preview and reading the match poster on the way out of the shop, a 35 year old woman signing up for texts because she wont be there, a kid and his dad running into a shop before it closes so he can have a jersey for tonights game, two girls driving home from work and the passenger arranging to meet their two fellas in a pub before the game, two 18 year olds checking their club website, while one of their dads is leaving work to pick them up (like the An Post advert) ..... basically eveyone on the way to a game all over the country ...... FOOTBALL FRIDAY and its the place to be.

eamo1
09/10/2008, 12:03 PM
A few years ago attendances increased apprently due to word of mouth.People just started telling their friends etc that the standard wasnt bad etc brought them along for a look and then they kept coming back.So if an organised campaign was attempted it might be good.
Also,Galway Utd have text alert service about upcoming games that says "pass it along to your friends".I forward it to a group of 7/8 of my contacts.
I know those are small ideas,we do need to think large scale too.The new t.v ads(at the right time of the evening),the new website(a really good one like Sky Sports site) and Fantasy Football(look what it did for NFL in America) are 3 really good ideas.
A good P.R guy for the league too who the FAI can roll out every time theres a nagative story and he can defend the league etc.I hate the way you never hear anyone from the FAI sticking up for the league.Heck,John Delaney himself didnt include the league in his list of long term goals but i know thats for another thread.

Ash
09/10/2008, 12:03 PM
...... FOOTBALL FRIDAY and its the place to be.

Unless your from Dundalk ... then you'll have missed the game :p

eamo1
09/10/2008, 12:07 PM
Thats a great idea for an Ad Aface,DO SUGGEST THAT AD CONCEPT ON SATURDAY.

finnpark
09/10/2008, 12:08 PM
I'm reminded of that bit in Father Ted when the 3 bishops come along, and one of them keeps saying to Jack, "We have to sort out the media!"

Joking aside, I think this statement is appropriate to any potential advertising. The 'headline' Irish football news in the past week has been the Wexford/Limerick thing (relatively big article on that) and today, the Bohs/Drogheda spat. Both are lead stories, yet genuine achievements on the pitch are left to scrap for sidebar inches.
People in this country really take what the media says to heart, so if they say "LOI is crap", all the marketing in the world won't make much difference.

Thats absolutely right, I agree with that.

As I said before the PR for the league is very poor and the FAI should look to an outside company to help market and advertise the league ie a company that has links to all the media and who can publicise anything. Platinum One comes to find, i think they would be perfect but Im not sure if the FAI would consider them after the all ireland league thing. The FAI must outsource the PR of the league because its quite obvious that there are problems there between teh FAI and the media and the LOI is caught in the middle.

passinginterest
09/10/2008, 12:38 PM
A good P.R guy for the league too who the FAI can roll out every time theres a nagative story and he can defend the league etc.I hate the way you never hear anyone from the FAI sticking up for the league.

I think that's a massive key. A dedicated PR and media manager for the league. We all know that journo are all just after a few free drinks and an easy story. If the league can appoint a capable media officer to wine and dine the journos and sports editors, the coverage would suddenly improve dramatically.

Aside from that a few people have hit on valid points for the marketing campaign. It has to show crowds in the ground, the singing, the atmosphere, the tension. It has to make League of Ireland a viable alternative form of entertainment, (I'm more or less repeating other peoples ideas here so no offence) show the pre-match routine, Friday evening leave work and meet up with mates, grab food and a drink, head to the game, cheer on team, continue with celebration and debate late into the night. Maybe try and get the Vinters association involved, local pubs, local teams, community spirit, responsible night out, football is the core with social drinks adding to occasion. Generally I'm not a big fan of pubs and alcohol but it's the type of marketing that seems to work.

Families also need to be targeted. Although maybe facilities need to improve further first. Things like mascots are often derided but kids love them and they can keep them entertained when the football gets dull, also music, flags, banners and singing. The youngest generation are the ones that need to be indoctrinated with the fact the League of Ireland is a good think to like.

A face
09/10/2008, 12:52 PM
Thats a great idea for an Ad Aface,DO SUGGEST THAT AD CONCEPT ON SATURDAY.

I wont be there, so anyone reading it who is going along please suggest it. Its basically an Advert that incorporates everything we all do before a game, the guy in the chipper, to the barman in a pub, to all the fans, all ages and walks of life, to the groundsmen, the stewards, ticket sellers, and everything that goes on, texts, websites and forums, phone calls to friends, meeting people in work "are ya going, yup, cant wait"

A face
09/10/2008, 12:59 PM
a company that has links to all the media and who can publicise anything. Platinum One comes to mind, i think they would be perfect but Im not sure if the FAI would consider them after the all ireland league thing.

I'd agree and if the FAI wouldn't bite off its nose to spite its face they would have a problem with approaching them either. At least they know they were interested in the game to a fairly significant degree, so they probably have alot of work done on it already.

What is it they say, keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer?

Louth4sam
09/10/2008, 1:00 PM
Now that its been said about the 'one man and his dog' element i'd agree, that needs to change. I think a good idea is to show the pre match build up, a 25 year old guy buying a paper for the preview and reading the match poster on the way out of the shop, a 35 year old woman signing up for texts because she wont be there, a kid and his dad running into a shop before it closes so he can have a jersey for tonights game, two girls driving home from work and the passenger arranging to meet their two games in a pub before the game, two 18 year olds checking their club website, while one of their dads is leaving work to pick them up (like the An Post advert) ..... basically eveyone on the way to a game all over the country ...... FOOTBALL FRIDAY and its the place to be.

Great idea, i can imagine the end of the ad with the crowd going mental and the game just about to kick off. The game kicks off massive cheer and ad ends with something like "league of Ireland be part of it"

A face
09/10/2008, 1:03 PM
And for the CPOs, the poster campaign need to improve and get bigger. this is something that nearly every fan can help with. When the game ends, the following day fans can go to their newsagents or where ever and take down the old poster and put up the new one. This is something that really need to happen more and on a constant basis.

And have more CPOs, go from one to three.

A face
09/10/2008, 1:07 PM
Great idea, i can imagine the end of the ad with the crowd going mental and the game just about to kick off. The game kicks off massive cheer and ad ends with something like "league of Ireland be part of it"

And i'm not joking ya, i have the perfect piece of footage for it. The old Shed in the Cross, 18th Nov 2005 first goal goes in and the Shed packed to the rafters goes absolutely balistic ..... you should see this clip, its unreal. Losing all reason !!

Battery Rover
09/10/2008, 1:14 PM

And give one to all clubs and just not premier licensed teams

stann
09/10/2008, 1:26 PM
That ad sounds like just the thing, Face. The key is indeed in making people think they're missing something by not going.
Glamourboy on our forum came up with what I think is a phenomenal idea for a newspaper campaign. As soon as I get the imprimatur I'll post it on here, or get him to do so.

A face
09/10/2008, 1:28 PM
That ad sounds like just the thing, Face. The key is indeed in making people think they're missing something by not going.
Glamourboy on our forum came up with what I think is a phenomenal idea for a newspaper campaign. As soon as I get the imprimatur I'll post it on here, or get him to do so.

Make sure its there on Saturday if you can though, would be good to see it here too.

thischarmingman
09/10/2008, 2:25 PM
And i'm not joking ya, i have the perfect piece of footage for it. The old Shed in the Cross, 18th Nov 2005 first goal goes in and the Shed packed to the rafters goes absolutely balistic ..... you should see this clip, its unreal. Losing all reason !!

Hmmmm...maybe not. :(

I still have never watched any of that footage.

mr.untitled
09/10/2008, 2:36 PM
just a few thoughts.
I know alot of people will disagree but i think the smaller league is a step in the right direction from a promotional sense. The FAI need to increase the sense of occasion associated with domestic(i hate that word) football. At the moment the clubs that are doing well (the clubs in the best position to attract new fans) play in the league, the league cup, the FAI cup, the Setanta cup and in Europe. This is far too many games. The people we want to attract dont want drogs, pats, cork etc. in their face 24/7 (yet). IMHO a home game every fortnight is sufficient. It warrants the entry fee. It allows for proper promotion time and it heightens a sense of occasion.
One more thing is that all games should kick off at the same time on the same night EXCEPT the live match. This is not rocket science.

Longfordian
09/10/2008, 2:36 PM

Don't know about every club needing three CPOs. Every club should probably have one but I can't see the clubs being overly eager to find the matching 50% of two more salaries, probably another 30k a year, particularly in the First Division where nearly all clubs are run mainly by volunteers. But perhaps they could have a grant or some type of funding towards printing costs for posters and flyers etc, then the clubs may be able to produce better quality ones and more of them.

A face
09/10/2008, 3:25 PM
Don't know about every club needing three CPOs. Every club should probably have one but I can't see the clubs being overly eager to find the matching 50% of two more salaries, probably another 30k a year, particularly in the First Division where nearly all clubs are run mainly by volunteers. But perhaps they could have a grant or some type of funding towards printing costs for posters and flyers etc, then the clubs may be able to produce better quality ones and more of them.

Just for example, Sunderland have 26 CPOs, and Liverpool have something like 60 (dunno how true that is though) ..... i'm not saying anything, not contrasting but i'm saying its invaluable and we dont really realise the value of them yet.

I do know that the quality of CPOs we have in the league now is great. Some were already aligned to the roles, naturally tailor made for it as it were and other were advertised for (Citys first and current) not having been involved in the game before hand. I know we are not going to always get the same quality but we really do need more.

If City had five for the next five years we'd see a huge difference

Longfordian
09/10/2008, 3:42 PM
Maybe so, we've had one for two years and the effect has been negligible. Maybe it takes a bit longer but so far it's probably at a guess 15k or so extra being spent every year for little reward as far as I can see. The one game we had where the FAI put all their promotional resources into it we got 1800 against Drogheda. Due to the number of freebies we actually took in less money than we did in our previous home game against Drogheda when there was only 900 approximately there. The following home league game we were back down to 600 or 700. I actually agree that in the long term that it's a good idea but when clubs are struggling each year to make ends meet and seeing no reward from the scheme then I'm not sure they'll be easily convined to triple their expenditure on it.

Sniffer
09/10/2008, 3:43 PM
Plenty of good ideas here and refreshing to hear such passion for the league. with regards to the women and children aspect - the majority of ground facilities are seriously substandard and we need to implement some kind of combined building program to upgrade important touchpoints such as toilets and eating areas. Croke Park is a world away from LOI grounds i know but many of the people we are trying to attract attend the big Gaa games as well as the international matches at that venue. If my sister-in-law saw the toilets her 11 year-old son had to use in Tolka Park she would never speak to me again. It was one of those 'don't wash your hands here' moments because your safer with your own germs. Never mind if you needed to drop your strides !:(

John83
09/10/2008, 4:31 PM
A lot fo the suggestions so far have required a large increase in expenditure from the FAI, the clubs or both. This won't happen, not soon. Changes need to be realistic.

amjl
09/10/2008, 7:37 PM
A lot fo the suggestions so far have required a large increase in expenditure from the FAI, the clubs or both. This won't happen, not soon. Changes need to be realistic.

Spot on John 83! There are some great ideas posted here & alot or nearly all of the ideas would be beneficial to the League in some shape or another but the problem is that most of them would cost some serious euroage, if they were to be implemented. I don’t know what the FAI's budget will be for next season but I can’t imagine they'll be increasing it on last year the way the economy is going.

Longfordian
09/10/2008, 7:59 PM
I'm envisaging a lot of the more interesting questions being answered in the vaguest terms possible and them hiding behind the confidentiality of the Licensing process when any specifics are raised. I'd imagine they're less than enthused at all the bad news stories blowing up a couple of days before the meeting.

Martinho II
09/10/2008, 9:26 PM

true words longfordian!! is there any chance that they can resurrect the ads that they had on radio last year that I did they should do that as a tv ad.. have a diff eircom league team for each individual day..

sligoman
09/10/2008, 9:29 PM
true words longfordian!! is there any chance that they can resurrect the ads that they had on radio last year that I did they should do that as a tv ad.. have a diff eircom league team for each individual day..Hopefully not, didn't hear your one but the Rovers one's were poor anyway!

Longfordian
09/10/2008, 9:45 PM
You didn't hear Martinho bare his soul about his one true love...Metallica?. Don't think they'd be willing to fund 22 TV ads somehow. Though the way things are going they could be spared a few.

The Rebel Ram
09/10/2008, 11:14 PM

That TV ad has won awards this year, ahead of some stiff competition so the quality of the ad (the presentation of it) is considered the best in the industry.

If its the concept that you think needs improving, get it down on paper or email or whatever and sent it on.

I'd agree, i go to games, meeting mates, few beers, have a laugh, into the game for a good game of ball, its a great night out and most of us are at a loss when the season ends. Thats what should be conveyed, its actually a great bit of entertainment and most people realise this once they have gone to a few games.

We cannot drop prices, reward schemes yeah but dropping prices is mad. Its the cheapest thing out there. Even basketball games are dearer in Cork. Boxing Night in Neptune in Cork is €75 ... a City game is €15 ..... man the cinema is €10. We cannot drop prices simply because that not the thing thats keeping people away.

I am only relaying what I hear from people who go to the odd game or don't go to many in Cobh.
A family of husband, wife and say 3 kids. Think of the cost to go to a match that can be cold wet and dreary football a lot of the time!
Why not watch it on the box with all the big stars????
Price is the main factor in this. If they want to see football of the same level they can go to a MSL match for free. It is time the League woke up to what it is and quit putting itself high on the pedestal it dosn't deserve to be on.
Cut the prices, cut the unrealistic wages. Cut out midweek games (players must have jobs too if the wages are to be realistic). Get the people in the gates and when the gates increase and the addiction we all have grows then SLOWLY build the league and the revenue.