PDA

View Full Version : under21s through to quarter-finals again

joe
07/10/2003, 1:12 PM
A 1-0 win in cobh last night, courtesy of a fine individual goal from David O'Sullivan, secured City's place in the quarter-finals of the Dr. Tony O'Neill Trophy again this season. They are now two points behind Kerry with a game in hand and the two must meet again in Tralee before the end of the group stage.

City: MArk McNulty; Cillian Lordan, Declan Daly, Richis Aherne; Michael Mulconry, Denis Behan, Michael N****wo (David O'Sullivan), Bryan McCarthy; Jamie Nolan (Ian Fraher), Colin P O'Brien (Gary Murphy).

NorthoftheLee
07/10/2003, 2:14 PM
Excellent news....

Joe, how did Nwánko play????

Gary
07/10/2003, 2:22 PM
He came off after about 25-30 mins, i think someone mentioned he was complaining of his stomach. he looked handy though, if not a bit small.

Colin P seems to have picked up an injury though. He was piggybacked off the pitch to the dressing rooms by Ashton afterwards.

patsh
07/10/2003, 2:30 PM
Originally posted by Gary
He came off after about 25-30 mins
Must have been intersting for anyone watching......:D

Gary
07/10/2003, 2:52 PM
Oh jesus, talk about a slip.

but it must be said, you have a filthy warped mind to think of something like that Patsh!!!!!

:p

sadloserkid
07/10/2003, 4:33 PM
Originally posted by joe
Bryan McCarthy

What do ye make of this guy? Is he gonna make it with ye like?

joe
07/10/2003, 8:39 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
What do ye make of this guy? Is he gonna make it with ye like?

tbh he's not played enough to judge him but he's a handy player alright, why?

sadloserkid
08/10/2003, 8:58 AM
Originally posted by joe
tbh he's not played enough to judge him but he's a handy player alright, why?

Because I know him quite well. :)

Shed End John
08/10/2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by joe
A 1-0 win in cobh last night, courtesy of a fine individual goal from David O'Sullivan, secured City's place in the quarter-finals of the Dr. Tony O'Neill Trophy again this season.

Good news and good times up ahead for CCFC. Seems that the U-21s are permanently slow starters, yet the recovery tends to be miraculous. What chance of them retaining the title, I wonder?

thecorner
08/10/2003, 2:33 PM
Originally posted by Gary
He came off after about 25-30 mins, i think someone mentioned he was complaining of his stomach. he looked handy though, if not a bit small.

better check is he still in the country

remember what happened during special olympics

:D :D :D

Shed End John
08/10/2003, 2:38 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
better check is he still in the country

remember what happened during special olympics

:D :D :D

That's LOW, but, funny nonetheless. Apparently, it happens a fair bit that people get stomach complaints after flying exceptionally long distances.