PDA

View Full Version : New York & DC bombed

Gerry Desmond
11/09/2001, 3:25 PM
If you're not already watching a TV, get to one now.

Gerry

pete
11/09/2001, 4:14 PM
God only knows what dubya will do! god help us all. :(

Ah sure if dubya had his 'missle shield' it would have prevented this. not! :rolleyes:

Apparently people in the US abandoning the web for traditional tv due to number of hits.....

BTW if the world thought if was heading to recession before it gonna be even worse now! expect shares to plummet.

Pauro 76
11/09/2001, 4:38 PM
Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable. Puts all our problems into perspective.

Macy
11/09/2001, 5:14 PM
Nothing to say. Hope we're all around tomorrow. The end of the world as we now it, and I don't feel at all fine.

pete
11/09/2001, 5:30 PM
Almost certainly Bin Laden, only guy able to organise such an attack.

Friend in the US says anybody can get onto internal flights as all you need a is a college ID (fake ones quiet common)

Expect a few cruise missles to be on their way to Afghanistan tonight I think.

dahamsta
11/09/2001, 6:09 PM
I've been watching it most of the day, and I'm utterly disgusted. Between this and those pr1cks in the North scaring the crud out of CHILDREN, I've lost all faith in humanity, I swear to god.

adam

Pauro 76
11/09/2001, 6:17 PM
Its been a black week all right, and i have to agree with ya Vetenari. Any decent person will be sick to the stomach of all this.

James
11/09/2001, 6:17 PM
watched it all day on CNN as did our office at work
fcuking unbelievable

what a day, certainly puts things into perspective

pete
11/09/2001, 6:51 PM
Closer to home might make our local terrorists get a grip but its fairly unlikely.

Worst thing can happen is another 'eye for an eye' as theres no end to that.

I haven't seen the tv yet & only barely caught the radio so not seen the full horror myself yet - web which has been so good for uptodate info in the past couldn't handle it today......

A friend in the US (boston the starting point of all the flights coincidently) said its US foreign policy rahter than security policyt that needs changing & i have to agree with that.

Will the world learn anything from today or proceed to make the same mistakes again?

:(

Pauro 76
11/09/2001, 8:08 PM
Just after seeing some of the images on TV, which will stay with most people for a long while. And apparantly some Palestinians were celebrating the attack, that surely makes them just as bad as those cowards who did the attack.

dahamsta
11/09/2001, 8:15 PM
And apparantly some Palestinians were celebrating the attack, that surely makes them just as bad as those cowards who did the attack.

Yes. It does.

adam

tressonisgod
12/09/2001, 1:19 PM
that thing of the palestinians celebrating looked like a set-up to me. some journalist got a few together and it's presented as representative of the palestinian people. what was gained by showing that? if the us get bin laden, what will they do with him? execute him? now there's a deterrent for lads who are willing to commit suicide for their cause...

Jim Smith
12/09/2001, 2:40 PM
I doubt it was a set up any more than most reports are a set up. What struck me most is how can a group of people have become so brutalised and stripped of dignity that they behave in that way?
I genuinely fear the backlash that is going to follow.

pete
12/09/2001, 4:41 PM
Didn't see those pictures but journatist on the radio yesterday who was in the Gaza strip at the time said he didn't see anything of it.

Just cos a few hundred kids celebrate cos someones handing outr sweets to get them on the street can't be used to label a whole country.

BTW the Palestinians have been so brutalised & backed into a corner & are so used to violence they don't care anymore. Palestinians are like the black of the world so to speak as even the other Arabs look down on them as well as the whole of the western world. What Israel is doing to them is evil & no one should surprised what hppens over there. Read Robet Fisk in the (London) Independent for an unbiased report. Its shocking the propoganta the vast majority of the media repeat.

:(

Pauro 76
12/09/2001, 4:49 PM
I dont confess to knowing much about the Palestine/Israel conflict myself, but still, celebrating a major loss of life in an enemy's country is still very serious indeed, propoganda or not.

tressonisgod
13/09/2001, 11:32 AM
Don't you read the papers? It's been widely reported that there was NO widescale celebration in the Gaza Strip or elsewhere. A tiny minority were portrayed as representative of a nation (for whatever sinister purposes) and you buy into that cos you think 'Palestinian= Terrorist'. Educate yourself. The Palestinian people have a lot to fear from the USA and Israel. Be afraid...

Pauro 76
13/09/2001, 1:04 PM
I reckon ive been taking it from opinions and not fact. Ill stick to talking about what i know in future.