You don't know the half of it :D

Check in to tonight's latest

L37Ultra
06/10/2008, 9:49 PM
You don't know the half of it

Check in to tonight's latest

No one really does :D

This could drag on and on and on....... :mad:

I don't know the full story but the way I see it both clubs were in the wrong.

Wallace going on about Limerick being childish and saying the training pitch is the 2nd best pitch in the country behind the first pitch, just ****es me off and he should get off his high horse.

We havn't heard the end of this.. Im just worried about the imagine of the League, just seems very embarrassing. I try to convince friends Limerick are worth watching and then something like this happens :rolleyes:

oldyouth
06/10/2008, 9:57 PM
Any views on this farce

To me Limerick were totally correct to stand up to saint wallace of abbottstown

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/1006/wexford_limerick37.html
Anyone who mentions Mick Wallace and Abbottstown in the same breath doesn't know the man

Tis-smeee
06/10/2008, 10:00 PM
Have to agree but it seems like Wallaces opinion counted for more than the referees after he said there was no problem training on the main pitch which is worrying to say the least

oldyouth
07/10/2008, 7:57 AM
The referee saying he had 'no problem' with it, doesn't mean that he requested it to be done. I'm sure he would have no problem if they wanted to warm up on the astro pitches, if that is what L37 desired

5ForKeeps
08/10/2008, 3:51 PM
Limerick are contradicting theirselves left right and centre. They arrived at six o clock for at 8pm kick-off time. The back pitch by the way is a full pitch in excellent condition. I think since Derry got the chance to train on the main pitch for the League Cup final, Limerick wanted to be the prima donnas. The back pitch fair enough if it was dark, we still had a full light huge astroturf pitch where they could warm up. The Limerick manager even submitted his teamsheet to the referee so the warm up situation was neither here nor there. The fact Mick said they were missing there 2 best players added a bit of spice to this episode, but Limerick are blaming the facilities ffs get a grip Wexford facilities are second to none. They have neen 4 times to Ferrycarrig Park, why did they not ask to use the astroturf after Mick said to the main pitch. That is question that needs to be asked as well as why did they submit their teamsheet and then pish off back home and leave their own supporters as well as our own out of pocket because of a flippin 1 hour warm up schedule, not even a professional outfit has a 1 hour training program.

The referee and his assistants actually warmed up on the side of the main pitch Limerick were also offered to do so and then left shortly after. Like when Boro didnĀ“t "fulfill" their fixture a few years ago against Blackburn, Limerick should be fined and we should be awarded the points as their antics were childlish and least to say unprofessional in what they stated and some of their supporters on message boards across the land have said about Ferrycarraig, which most fans who have visited it say and it is also recognised as a top professional class facility.

Since the first LOI fixture at Ferrycarraig every team bar Derry City have warmed up on the back pitch to preserve the main pitch what is the big deal here at all. The facilities full catered for whatever warm up schedule a club has. Again I ask why did Limerick not ask to use the astroturf pitch which was full lighted, a normal person would have realised that option available.

LK37oldskool
08/10/2008, 7:21 PM
While not condoning how Limerick handled the situation its a bit rich taking the moral high ground here.Your own manager(someone i had a high regard for) has tarnished yer image with his remarks.There is no evidence from what i've been told that the astroturf was offered and there's also the situation of been told to stay in the dressing room for nearly an hour while yer "officials" decided where the lads could warm up. We know our facilities are poor but we never treated any visiting teams in a shoddy manner and we always welcomed them especially yourselves who we all had a lot of time for.
I dont think either team is going to come out of this in a good light.

Splurge
08/10/2008, 7:48 PM
ON Off the balls EL show, Roddy Collins and the other guy both in agreement that it was petty on both sides but LK were out of order to leave. The proper action woul dhave been for LK to play the game, accep the compromise and then put in a formal complaint.

The most important thing was to get the game played, for that they should be punished hard.

L37Ultra
08/10/2008, 9:17 PM
The proper action woul dhave been for LK to play the game, accep the compromise and then put in a formal complaint.

Sure why would they do that and risk a serious injury to one of the Limerick players on a dark pitch. :rolleyes:

CharlesThompson
08/10/2008, 11:23 PM
What really happened!..... (http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=uk&code=0d80e6d9fd461c22d7d06606d9f6c6e3)

oldyouth
09/10/2008, 8:20 AM
What really happened!..... (http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=uk&code=0d80e6d9fd461c22d7d06606d9f6c6e3)
What do you have to do to view that Charles?

The Optimist
09/10/2008, 8:35 AM

Very good!
Mick has aged well!

Splurge
09/10/2008, 8:42 AM
Sure why would they do that and risk a serious injury to one of the Limerick players on a dark pitch. :rolleyes:

They could have warmed up on the main pitch or accepted the pitch that every other team in the league has found up to scratch.

Anything but walk away from a fixture.

kopite
09/10/2008, 5:47 PM
Very enjoyable Charles, have to agree with oldskool, noone comes outta this one lookin good.

mr pink
10/10/2008, 12:47 PM
any one know when this saga will be sorted

dublin_owl
10/10/2008, 1:01 PM
Welcome aboard Mr Pink!

I believe the clubs had until today to submit their versions of events to the FAI, who will no doubt take a week or two to **** about.

jebus
10/10/2008, 1:04 PM
any one know when this saga will be sorted

If we all get our reports in on time hopefully we'll know by this time next week, ref has his one submitted already so they're just waiting on us lot

oldyouth
10/10/2008, 2:24 PM
If we all get our reports in on time hopefully we'll know by this time next week, ref has his one submitted already so they're just waiting on us lot
Make sure your report is actually handed in before you turn around and go home:D

kopite
10/10/2008, 3:09 PM
local radio have it - fai will meet on wednesday next week.

mr pink
10/10/2008, 4:55 PM
Welcome aboard Mr Pink!

I believe the clubs had until today to submit their versions of events to the FAI, who will no doubt take a week or two to **** about.
cheers dublin owl. knowing the FAI it could take that or longer, and then some more. and the come up with god knows what ie. have a replay on the moon in 2009 , deduct both teams 10 points and give back 12 at the end of the season somthing simple like that

mr pink
10/10/2008, 4:59 PM
old youth , and kopite here aswell sure this is like been on the supporters club website, joda might even pop up here kopite ha ha ha:eek:

Splurge
10/10/2008, 9:31 PM
Forget Limerick,

great result tonight, amazing first half performance, probably the best i've seen from them, great debut from young Hopper, beautiful goals.
We were in two minds about going due to the weather but thank fuch we did.

oldyouth
10/10/2008, 10:22 PM
Absolutely fabulous performance. If we'd won it 1-0 people who were not there would have said that we got a lucky goal and held on. The truth is that we totally outplayed the team I believe will recover and eventually gain promotion.

I didn't see the 1st goal as my eyes were still recovering from the blinding lights that hit me as I came down the side of the training pitch

wexfordseagull
10/10/2008, 11:30 PM
it was coming!!just a little shocked against such a good side as dundalk,no wonder limerick ran off home!!!!:D everyone was brilliant really deserved this result,young hopper had a stormer,richie fitz emense,the supporters magnificent,happy days:D:

blueblood
11/10/2008, 11:17 AM
So thats how ye treat John Gill after the b*llox gets involved in the Wexford v Limerick row, tut tut tut :D

Sniffer
11/10/2008, 11:46 AM
Not trolling here, just curious. Did Dundalk warm up on the ground where Limerick refused to last Monday; if so, was the lighting the same or has it been improved?

dublin_owl
11/10/2008, 12:07 PM
Not trolling here, just curious. Did Dundalk warm up on the ground where Limerick refused to last Monday; if so, was the lighting the same or has it been improved?

I could make it down last night but one of the lads on here said new lighting has been installed on the training pitch.

oldyouth
11/10/2008, 12:56 PM
Yep they did. They took one half of the pitch and we took the other. Match officials warmed up on the main pitch, as they always do. Everything connected with the match was conducted in the spirit of the game.

mr pink
11/10/2008, 4:14 PM
that was a great result last nite, the team played great in all areas , good to see gav start up front ,for a change,

kopite
11/10/2008, 8:49 PM
Touch of the detail there pink
there was 4 small lights added to the already existing lighting.

mr pink
11/10/2008, 9:10 PM
Touch of the detail there pink
there was 4 small lights added to the already existing lighting.
could be alrite kopite needed a change as they say, as long as the little green t**d stays away things will be fine ha ha :D here were you at the under 20s game :ball:

Splurge
11/10/2008, 9:17 PM
that was a great result last nite, the team played great in all areas , good to see gav start up front ,for a change,

Agreed, looked much better up there than he normally does on the wing, hope to see more of that at least while Murphy is out.
Marty & Patsy in the middle were immense last night, i'd like to see Sinnot on the wing in the next game.