PDA

View Full Version : Russians eye Zayed move !!!!!!!!

Roo69
07/10/2003, 9:52 AM
Russian top flight side Dinamo Moscow have been linked with a shock move for Bray Wanderers’ Irish under-21 international striker Eamon Zayed, it has been reported this morning.

Zayed could win his second under-21 cap against Switzerland in Neuchatel on Friday after being called up to Don Givens’s squad following the withdrawal of regular starter John O’Flynn of Cork City.

The former Leicester City trainee has been in cracking form with Bray in the First Division this season, firing 14 goals to keep the Seagulls in the hunt for a quick return to the top flight.

And Zayed, who only turned 20 over the weekend, is trying to keep his mind on matters closer to home before considering a possible switch to eastern Europe during the winter.

"It is all very interesting - but right now I am more concerned about Ireland’s game against Switzerland in the under-21 match on Friday. Thoughts of Moscow and the future are the least of my concerns," Zayed told fai.ie.

Estar
07/10/2003, 7:07 PM
What price is on his head? Can't see him staying in Div 1 next season, if Bray fail to go up.

Roo69
28/10/2003, 9:56 AM
but i know for sure that he is going over in january for a trial to see how he gets on. He'd want to work on he's finishing before he heads over !