PDA

View Full Version : Gary Rodgers

sadloserkid
04/10/2008, 9:10 AM
Local Meath rag say Gary Rodgers is back playing GAH with his local club this weekend? You lot can't be happy about that? Is he full-time or what? What if gets injured. After giving yourselves a chance last night the last thing you need is your first-choice keeper crocking himself playing another sport in the run-in? :eek:

eamo1
04/10/2008, 12:35 PM
This is a wind up SLK isnt it?You were bored and said "hey i think ill wind some crowd up and get them going".Everyone knows when your bored on this website its SLIGO you wind up,not us:p.

Terry
04/10/2008, 2:47 PM
SLK, you know the rules about unsubstantial allegations considering this would be a breach of his contract ! link please !

sadloserkid
04/10/2008, 8:38 PM
Not a wind up, can see why it would be taken as such though. Only got back online now.

Link is here... (http://www.meathchronicle.ie/articles/2/31599/)

gufct
04/10/2008, 11:02 PM
saw it myself seems like a good byeline for a hack trying to grab cheap headlines.

sadloserkid
05/10/2008, 3:24 PM
Anybody know if he played? Seems odd for a full-time player...

GuisaSaigon
07/10/2008, 9:44 AM
Came on with 3 minutes remaining according to the Galway Voice. Had the last kick of the game, anyone who has seen his kickouts wont be surprised to hear it went wide:D
Not sure it's wise to let players play for their GAA teams, Shligo let two of their players play for Tubbercurry at the weekend, but they have nothing to play for.

sadloserkid
07/10/2008, 10:11 AM
Cheers for that. Was wondering how it would play out. Whatever about part-time players I don't think full-time players should be turning out for other teams. Particularly not at this stage of the season and with GUFC's season on such a knife edge.

TheBoss
07/10/2008, 1:29 PM
Came on with 3 minutes remaining according to the Galway Voice.

Saw it the one of local papers, it says it was a 56 Mins Sub, so that is actually 4 Minutes :)

gufct
07/10/2008, 5:55 PM
Great to see such an interest from a Limerick Fan.

WoodquayBoy
07/10/2008, 9:23 PM
Saw it the one of local papers, it says it was a 56 Mins Sub, so that is actually 4 Minutes :)
Not like the Voice to get it wrong, ahem

sadloserkid
08/10/2008, 9:35 AM
Great to see such an interest from a Limerick Fan.

Ooh put me in my place with your rapier sharp wit. :D I was interested to see if it was true. I suppose if you are abandoning full-time football at the end of the season there's no harm in letting your players off the leash a bit early. Obviously there was more to the story as well but I can only type what I can prove. :)