PDA

View Full Version : Derry-Rovers

Red4Eva
03/10/2008, 7:19 PM
1-0 O'Grady

celticV3
03/10/2008, 7:48 PM
Could be a great result, least not the 4-0 scoreline we had to become used to previous seasons, this years draw must have installed a new confidence in the brandywell.

sligofan4ever
03/10/2008, 7:52 PM
Would be great to get a win in the Brandywell a good 3 points against a strong team. Would it be Rovers first victory against a team above us ?

Jeebus
03/10/2008, 8:46 PM
FT 1-1. Great result considering recent seasons scorelines up there.

RTE reporter said Derry hit crossbar in 94th minute!!

red arrow
03/10/2008, 8:57 PM
great result. congrats to paul cook and all the players. fantastic achievment with a small squod. next weekends game should be very interesting with galway on a roll at the moment after beating cork and in the semi final of the cup they should bring decent support. as well as trying to stay in premier division, should be a cracking game

Rovers Maniac
03/10/2008, 9:02 PM
Yap and taking into we went down with a lot of players injured. What was O'Grady's goal like?

sligoman
03/10/2008, 11:53 PM
Delighted with that, unfortunate that we conceded but it could have been a lot worse, Derry were all over us, particularly towards the end. Mauro came off injured, Judge replaced him with Boco switching to left back, didn't do a bad job there. We did well to hang on and all the lads did well. I'd like to see the penalty incident again, didn't look like much, but then we were about 4 miles away from the other goal with that stupid dog track there.

Good atmosphere too.

Anyone remember when the last time we took the lead in the Brandywell was?

Rovers fan
04/10/2008, 12:36 AM
One of the best away trips of the season:) In the 1st 20 minutes i thought we were gonna get thrashed. We did well to hang onto the lead for as long as we did as derry were all over us. Peers clearly stopped a goalbound effort with his hand,dunno how the linesman didn't see it. Raf was excellent again and doherty is in great form. Even though they had all the play raf had an unbelievable chance to win it for us in the end but the keeper made a good save. But look at it this way,derry brought mchugh and morrow on as subs. Our 2 best actual strikers are judge and mcdaid. There's no comparsion,they have much more quality than us but our passion won us a point. It would be great to hand onto the core of this squad and cookie for next season. An alright rovers crowd there and as SM said there was a good atmosphere,during and for a while after the game:D

sligoman
04/10/2008, 12:40 AM
Peers clearly stopped a goalbound effort with his handDisagree with that but sure I'm sure MNS will show it.

Rovers fan
04/10/2008, 12:51 AM
Disagree with that but sure I'm sure MNS will show it.

Hand/arm surely?!

DonalE
04/10/2008, 9:26 AM
Chest

Inside Man
04/10/2008, 11:49 AM
Good result. Brings us within 3pts of Cork. Galway game big one now. A win and we have everything to play for. We lose or draw and the season should just teeter out from there.

Rory H
04/10/2008, 1:11 PM
Great performance. Boco showed why he plays left back for Benin! Peers gave the usual faultless showing. Happy with a point, may have been a bit lucky to get it.

Excellent atmosphere considering we didn't have many up. The stewards had to kick us out at the end because we wouldn't stop singing:D

srfc1928
04/10/2008, 6:37 PM
Great battling performance from the lads.
Thought Coleman and Cretaro were outstanding.
Happy with the point,
but i thought Creataro was going to score near the end.
Would of been robbery, but that would of made it even sweeter.
looked like a very harsh penalty decision:mad:
from where we were situated :D

showgies
04/10/2008, 11:10 PM
Anyone remember when the last time we took the lead in the Brandywell was?

We haven't always lost in the Brandywell you know

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=LGCvSx1XPqE

sligoman
05/10/2008, 12:19 AM
Derry fan that works for MNS said it looks like Peers hand balled it. Cook and Kenny had an argument at half time and during the game too, not sure what it was in relation to.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=LGCvSx1XPqESo was that the last time or did you just not answer my question?;)

Rovers Maniac
05/10/2008, 9:56 AM

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=LGCvSx1XPqE

Cheers for that i was down at that actual game, we played really well that night great and it was a great finish by Pogs. :)

showgies
05/10/2008, 11:14 AM
Derry fan that works for MNS said it looks like Peers hand balled it. Cook and Kenny had an argument at half time and during the game too, not sure what it was in relation to.So was that the last time or did you just not answer my question?;)

I think this was the last time......maybe.........

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=i7qNi2CmhBY