PDA

View Full Version : Whose your Bogey team?

pete
06/10/2003, 11:28 AM
CCFC:
Tradition bogey teams - UCD, Pats & Longford (until this season)
New bogey team- Waaaaterford.

ger121
06/10/2003, 11:42 AM
Without a doubt Pat's and we haven't played very well against UCD this season.

pineapple stu
06/10/2003, 12:50 PM
Bohs away without a doubt. Do well enough at home, but not in Dalyer.

Sheridan
06/10/2003, 2:05 PM
Dublin City haven't really been around long enough to earn a bogey team, but Kildare have beaten us twice this season. We did get our retaliation in first, however, by nicking our manager and half our squad off them. And now that I think of it, Kilkenny give us far more problems than they have any right to. Although we've beaten them thrice this season, all three wins were achieved with one-goal margins. They ended our promotion hopes last season by beating us 4-3 in Santry. Strangely enough, both of Kilkenny's scorers that day, Aidan O'Keefe (hat-trick) and Alan O'Connor have played for Dublin City this season. Alan got the winner against Kilkenny last week. Small world.

paudie
06/10/2003, 2:19 PM
Definitely the Deise this season.

Three league games, (two at home one away)we've been ahead in them all in the second half and have only 2 points to show.

Beat them in the league cup and Munster Senior cup but thats not much consolation.

dortie
06/10/2003, 2:45 PM
Derry City..........our Bogey team is.........

Longford

Longford....Longford.....Longford....Aaaagh

Xlex
06/10/2003, 2:52 PM
Bohs, Shels and Cork... thsnkfully we've shook the UCD monkey of our back and held Derry by the balls too....

Macy
06/10/2003, 2:58 PM
UCD were never really a bogey team..... Bray is/ was our bogey team...

Cork - We've had a good record against them until this season, and a team does not become a big greeny in a season.

Bohs/ Shels - not convinced as they've generally been better teams.

Maybe it's just me, but I consider a bogey team a team that are on similar level or below that you just can't seem to beat. Two seasons running Bray's points gained against us kept them up!!!!

dortie
06/10/2003, 3:10 PM
Originally posted by Macy

Maybe it's just me, but I consider a bogey team a team that are on similar level or below

Your the only team we have failed to beat since you arrived in the Premier....however i dont consider Longford on a similar par to Derry......the old tune 'If you know your history' comes to mind.

I do admit we are **** this season and have been average over the past 3 seasons !!

Schumi
06/10/2003, 3:18 PM
The teams we do worst against are $hels and Bohs but that's not much of a surprise. In terms of teams that we do worse against than we could expect, Bray are probably our bogey team.

Dr.Nightdub
06/10/2003, 11:06 PM
UCD, without a doubt. We've more chance of winning the Champions League than getting three points in Belfield. :mad:

Xlex
07/10/2003, 8:32 AM
Well, With regard to Shels and Bohs, I nearly always feel like we could have done better a dodgy decision away from a result...

Corkwise, I concur...

UCD... this season we've been beating them but rarely before...

Roo69
07/10/2003, 8:39 AM
how about........

Bohs
Shels
St. Pats
Rovers
Cork
Derry
etc.............

but seriously, for some reason Bohs like scoring 4 againist us !

pete
07/10/2003, 9:27 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I consider a bogey team a team that are on similar level or below that you just can't seem to beat.

Yup that be the idea. Teams at the bottom of the table can't really claim shels & bohs are bogeys for them.

Macy
07/10/2003, 9:44 AM
Originally posted by Xlex
UCD... this season we've been beating them but rarely before...
Record since our Promotion: Played 8; Won 5; Drawn 2; Lost 1

:p

Xlex
07/10/2003, 11:35 AM
I can't believe it.... :confused: ... so it's the standard of the games that look so bad.... not the results...

pineapple stu
07/10/2003, 12:36 PM
Record since our Promotion: Played 8; Won 5; Drawn 2; Lost 1

:p

Yep, including three 2-0 wins in your first season up...:mad: :mad:

Although just looking at it now, that record isn't right - we beat you 1-0 at the start of your second season, and then 2-0 in Longford last Christmas anyway.

joeSoap
07/10/2003, 12:40 PM
Dundalk...up to this season. Tend to never beat Harps lately either..

Macy
07/10/2003, 1:14 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Yep, including three 2-0 wins in your first season up...:mad: :mad:

Although just looking at it now, that record isn't right - we beat you 1-0 at the start of your second season, and then 2-0 in Longford last Christmas anyway.
Whatever, still not our bogey team....

TheRealRovers
07/10/2003, 6:41 PM
Our Bogey team........
Nearly every team we play at the moment