PDA

View Full Version : The Cup final....

Xlex
06/10/2003, 8:56 AM
It's great to be there... Well done to the squad and to Alan and Aaron... great switches made which brought us right back into the game...

Landsdowne Road here we come...

On that, a question, it has been mentioned that a special train will operate to Landsdowne road for the game? I'd say this may cost in the region of €35. Is anyone interested in a bus?

Macy
06/10/2003, 9:02 AM
Originally posted by Xlex
On that, a question, it has been mentioned that a special train will operate to Landsdowne road for the game? I'd say this may cost in the region of €35. Is anyone interested in a bus?
Doubt it would be that much.... I'd say it'd be the price of a day return, so unless there's been massive inflation since I last got the train, I would reckon €25 max (but more likely under €20)...

Xlex
06/10/2003, 9:04 AM
email sent to Irish Rail requesting information and confirmation of a service...

Stevo
06/10/2003, 1:06 PM
ID SAY YOU COULD B LUCKY 2 GET A RESPONSE FROM IRISH RAIL 4 NEXT YEARS CUP FINAL!!!

sorbothegreek
08/10/2003, 11:38 AM
Hows about a section O bus? We wouldnt have to be racing back for the train after the game like the last time.
I suppose the question is, could we trust ourselfs to be back at all if we won?

Xlex
08/10/2003, 1:00 PM
I rang Irish Rail who don't know if there will be a special train until a about a week before the game.

However there is train services to suit...

Morning.
Longford - Connolly.
Departure - Arrival
954 - 1134

Evening return.
Connolly - Dublin.
Departure - Arrival.
1937 - 2117

Macy
08/10/2003, 3:50 PM
Personally, I'm more concerned about how we go about getting a section O block of tickets...... :(

Xlex
08/10/2003, 4:00 PM
How many do you reckon we need?Or just reserve an allocation at the centre back of the town allocation... I'd say we'll be opposite sides of the ground....

Gary
08/10/2003, 4:09 PM
Any clue what price the tickets will be?

Will the full stadium be open or will the North and South terraces be closed?

Dodge
09/10/2003, 8:45 AM
See you there lads :D

BTW afaik the terraces will be closed and we'll each get a stand

Peat Burns
13/10/2003, 8:23 PM
id say the tickets will be around E15

Macy
14/10/2003, 9:38 AM
This was posted on the Pats mb, so we'll have North Terrace and the West Stand....

Andy O ' Callaghan told me that tickets for the final go on sale this wed.
I think we're getting the south terrace and the East stand
I vote for the terrace (and hopefully it is terrace not bucket seats).... Easier for the singers to get organised and less sh!t for standing up and singing if it is seats.... Also the camera's are on the west stand, so if section O wants to get on the tele.... :)

Bosco
14/10/2003, 8:14 PM
I heard we were getting the east stand

Macy
15/10/2003, 8:03 AM
Stands are always sh!t ( ;) ) so terrace anyway....

Xlex
15/10/2003, 8:31 AM
the terraces should be closed.... IMO

I'm nervous about Landsdowne, how is there ever going to be a crediable crowd there... We should all be in the same place as long as the singing support get to stand towards the back and crank up the sound....

Is the fact that tickets won't be at a premium taking away from the Final, a 15,000 seater stadium would be the monkeys nuts for a FAI Cup final...

We have to decide what we're definatly going to do and get a section reserved for singers on Saturday night at the U.C.D. match...

Lastly, how are people here going to travel, I know of a bus which is going for €13 incl. breakfast... Would it be the job to arrange something like that?

max power
15/10/2003, 8:32 AM
from soccercentral

Tickets for the 2003 FAI Carlsberg Cup final between Longford Town and St Patrick's Athletic at Lansdowne Road on Sunday October 26th will go on sale today.

Eamonn Collins' side St Patrick's Ath have been allocated the East Stand with the West going to the North Midlanders.

The Inchicore club will open their ticket off at 125 Emmet Road from 11am for sales with tickets priced at €20 adults and €5 for under 16's and they are requesting that supporters purchase their requirements early to avoid any last minute rush.

The club can be contacted at 01 4546332

Macy
15/10/2003, 8:47 AM
Absolutely disgusted at the price - they should've gone for €10 and as full a ground as possible..... It's gonna make a mockery of the final, and if I'd known this would be the pricing policy I think I'd have preferred Tolka....

max power
15/10/2003, 8:48 AM
are the club getting any of the gate at the match, if not its a high price, if so then its ok

Dodge
15/10/2003, 8:51 AM
The clubs do get quite a bit of the gate. 20 isn't that expensive. We had to pay 15 into Dalymount

Macy
15/10/2003, 9:00 AM
Lads I'm not looking at from the perspective of people on here that would go anyway, more from the point of view of part time bandwagons who could be converted by such a trip or even be bothered to make the trip. It'll do the leagues image no good if there's only 10-15,000 in lansdowne....

Dodge
15/10/2003, 9:04 AM
yeah, you have a point there. Mind you a father and thre kids will only cost 25 Euro and thats gotta be attractive. Place will be over run with the little ****ers but still....

Pauro 76
15/10/2003, 1:49 PM
20 yo-yos? id have thought the idea was to get more people into Lansdowne.....

Macy
15/10/2003, 1:57 PM
Pauro - clear out your private messages will ya!

Longfordian
15/10/2003, 2:58 PM
AFAIK the fire officer wouldn't pass Tolka for the final. Reckoned after last year's fire at the game it wasn't safe for a capcity crowd..As regards the ticket prices, its the FAI out to make a quick buck. They get 40% of the GROSS gate, then expenses are taken out, then the clubs get their share. No problem reserving seats if you do it early enough, i inquired about that, just give the club a rough idea of how many you want. It seems we're having the West Stand not sure if we get terrace tickets or not..Although at one point the FAI (Mr. Rooney) wanted all the fans to be mixed in together but it would seem he's had a change of heart...after a wee bit of protest from us...