PDA

View Full Version : Great win!

hollocaine
02/10/2008, 9:55 PM
That is a great result up in Dundalk. Easily our best result of the season. Taking 10 points from our last 5 away games is some going. Having not been to any of these away games, I can't fathom just how we've pulled it off considering the poor recent home form. However winning at the league leaders makes up slightly for not having won at home in over 3 months!

It's sounds like we rode our luck tonight but who cares. We've had nothing to really shout about this season since the Fingal game on the first day so let's enjoy this at least. Well done Vinny and the lads!

Longfordian
02/10/2008, 10:01 PM
We were always going to be riding our luck if we were going to get anything up there. The players are obviously working for Vinny and that's half the battle. He seems to want to encourage them rather than be roaring at them constantly. We played well in spells against Waterford but just made some stupid mistakes at the back, but I definitely wasn't expecting a win up there. Great to see it though, hopefully we can have a good end to the season.

Rocky77
03/10/2008, 10:55 AM
Went up last night, a few minutes late and missed McKenna's goal :o Anyhow, we were dreadful in the first half. Dundalk had all the possession and we just invited them on by wellying the ball aimlessly out of defence each time, effectively handing possession back.

Chucky had a nightmare, his distribution was by far the worst of everone and was caught out of position a few times. Bit of a let off when they had a goal disallowed.

Bermingham was quality yet again. Lynchy had maybe his best game for us yet. That plastic pitch seemed to suit him. He was the only one who looked to take a touch and play it in the first half.

That said, Vinny brought on Oladele for Gough at half time and we were much better there after. Showed some nice touches and played through midfield. Daire Doyle was good, seemed to want to be on the ball and make things happen. Hardy played well when moved to right back.

Like in Wexford, we probably didn't deserves this one but I'm past caring.

Longfordian
03/10/2008, 11:28 AM
Vinny seems to be pleased with how Lynchy's coming along now. He's getting him to work hard and once he puts in the work he gets the chances to use his undoubted ability. The legendary Dundalk FM commentary team were getting a little upset with him "high fiving" all and sundry on his way off after being subbed, or rather one of them was then the other lad was saying "ah sure we'd be doing the same thing I suppose". Funny commentary all the way through, no attempt at objectivity was made or even hinted at.