PDA

View Full Version : shamrock

shifty
05/10/2003, 10:37 AM
Can anybody tell me why panathinikos have a shamrock crest?
Are their origins similar to those of glasgow celtic?

A face
05/10/2003, 2:06 PM
Their manager (when founded) was from Eygpt (i think, there or Saudi Arabia) and back home, the clover was a symbol of good fortune to come or Luck and just adopted that.

Sell-thick fans no doubt will tell you any crock of shíte just to get you to buy a shirt off them, fcukin' knáckers. I wouldn't believe any of the spin off them fools !! :rolleyes:

Lionel Hutz
07/10/2003, 2:40 AM
Originally posted by A face
Their manager (when founded) was from Eygpt (i think, there or Saudi Arabia) and back home, the clover was a symbol of good fortune to come or Luck and just adopted that.

Sell-thick fans no doubt will tell you any crock of shíte just to get you to buy a shirt off them, fcukin' knáckers. I wouldn't believe any of the spin off them fools !! :rolleyes:

Another fine contribution!
:rolleyes:

hoopy
15/10/2003, 9:54 PM
Nice to hear a Corkman call someone a knacker,teapot/kettle

fergalr
23/10/2003, 12:58 PM

This is (of course) total rubbish. Their first manager was Greek. It's a Shamrock (or trifylli/trefoil) as it's known in Greek. It was adopted some years after they were founded.

The full and true story can be found on the official club website. Some further background is available in the Guardian's "The Knowledge" archives.

Plastic Paddy
23/10/2003, 1:08 PM

You can add people who generalise to the list of "fcukin' knáckers". :rolleyes: And as for "sell-thick"? What an original wit.

:( PP

Colm
23/10/2003, 8:19 PM
Originally posted by hoopy
Nice to hear a Corkman call someone a knacker,teapot/kettle

HOMELESS

Kilcoyne Our Hero

A face
23/10/2003, 9:32 PM
Plastic Paddy, fergair, hoopy and Lionel Hutz

Fair enough if i am wrong .... Thats how i understood it to be.

Although i am quite surprised one of you foóls didn't come out with "it was Sell-Thick set up the club and Athens was built by Ginger haired Scotsmen" or any of your usual twaddle.

Can someone give the twits a packet of biscuits !!

Clap Clap Clap ...... you are fcukin' great lads ..... pure legends. :D :D :D

Plastic Paddy
23/10/2003, 10:24 PM

Although i am quite surprised one of you foóls didn't come out with "it was Sell-Thick set up the club and Athens was built by Ginger haired Scotsmen" or any of your usual twaddle.

Well, since you've reduced it to trading insults, get your head out of your back passage and look around. Not all Celtic fans are the knuckle-dragging idiots you make us out to be. And given the evidence of people I've met on my many visits to Cork city and county, and of talking with other Cork-based users hereabouts, not all Corkonians are as blinkered and bigoted as you.

"A face"? An arse, more like. And I'll wager I'm not the first to say that round here.

:rolleyes: PP

fergalr
24/10/2003, 12:35 PM

There's your epitaph sorted so.....

Coltron
27/10/2003, 3:03 PM
As a neutral on this one, I have to say its good craic readin you lot

Lionel Hutz
27/10/2003, 10:46 PM

Ill just repost incase anyone missed this little nugget of progressive thinking!
:rolleyes: