PDA

View Full Version : Keith Fahey

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Saint_Charlie
29/09/2008, 11:53 PM
For those of you who don't know much about him or doubt his talent, he'll be live on RTE2 from 5 this evening.

Watch as he runs the midfield show :ball:

irishultra
30/09/2008, 12:43 AM
He clearly should be in the Irish squad.

Colbert Report
30/09/2008, 12:53 AM
What team does he play for?

theworm2345
30/09/2008, 1:19 AM
What team does he play for?
Probably Arsenal, Man U, or Chelsea right? Surely he must if he should play above the Reids, Andrews, Treacy, Miller, Carsley, Delap, Lawrence, Whelan, etc., etc.

Oh wait he plays for St. Pats ;):)

He's a fine player, but until he makes the move across the water or some of our many midfielders playing in the EPL and CCC fall off he won't make the team. Its the said truth about the LoI.

Bohemian1890
30/09/2008, 1:27 AM
Probably Arsenal, Man U, or Chelsea right? Surely he must if he should play above the Reids, Andrews, Treacy, Miller, Carsley, Delap, Lawrence, Whelan, etc., etc.

Oh wait he plays for St. Pats ;)
Fahey can pass a ball better than all of them except Andy Reid.

Delap had his chance,and did sfa,Andrews has done nothing to date at Blackburn(he could do with bulking up)Treacy does he even play senior football??

He will run the show,tomorrow against better players than,the ones you named.

Miller,another underachieving player does he even get his game??

Sheridan
30/09/2008, 1:30 AM
Forward this thread to anyone who disputes that Skyreland fans are ignorant about football.

Fahey is actually too good for Skyreland and the Premiership in that neither have any use for classical playmakers. He'd probably be plonked on the right wing and touch the ball about twice (although he could still win games with his set-pieces alone.)

No way is Andy Reid a better passer of the ball. Andy Reid is just the fat man's Wes Hoolahan.

Bohemian1890
30/09/2008, 1:34 AM
Forward this thread to anyone who disputes that Skyreland fans are ignorant about football.

Fahey is actually too good for Skyreland and the Premiership in that neither have any use for classical playmakers. He'd probably be plonked on the right wing and touch the ball about twice (although he could still win games with his set-pieces alone.)

No way is Andy Reid a better passer of the ball. Andy Reid is just the fat man's Wes Hoolahan.
Very true,as Trapp said "the ball is always in the air in the EPL"
OK,i should have said maybe,yea Reid is a joke actually,for a professional footballer.

ciaraa
30/09/2008, 5:18 AM
For those of you who don't know much about him or doubt his talent, he'll be live on RTE2 from 5 this evening.

Watch as he runs the midfield show :ball:

in fairness he can go missing in his fair share of games too. hardly mr. reliable though a good player nonetheless

theworm2345
30/09/2008, 5:43 AM
Trap has seen him play, and isn't even trying him out against Nottingham Forest I guess. I doubt will see him soon (read the last line of my above post)

Dodge
30/09/2008, 7:03 AM
Trap has seen him play, and isn't even trying him out against Nottingham Forest I guess. I doubt will see him soon (read the last line of my above post)

Trap seen him once.

paul_oshea
30/09/2008, 8:43 AM
Trap saw him once.

in fairness he was very good against Hertha in the first round. What happened the EL forum, is it now the Premier and 1st division one? How are tickets selling for tonights game is it going to be a sell-out?

Dodge
30/09/2008, 9:03 AM
Won't be a sell out. Irish peole just don't care about Irish teams.

6,000 expected according to radio this morning. I thought it'd be about half that with the kick off time etc

(Oh and the error above should've been followed by a (sic) as I was replying to "Trap has seen him" above. I know how you like to be correct on these matters POS)

youngirish
30/09/2008, 9:32 AM

Oh wait he plays for St. Pats ;):)

He's a fine player, but until he makes the move across the water or some of our many midfielders playing in the EPL and CCC fall off he won't make the team. Its the said truth about the LoI.

In the same way as many on here were stating that Roy O'Donovan was a fine player and the best by a distance in the EPL last season? Yes that same Roy O'Donovan who can't even get into the first 11 for Dundee United and hasn't scored a single goals for them in nearly a dozen appearances.

Or possibly as fine a player as Alan Bennett? Yes that same Alan Bennett who was never good enough to get break into the Reading first team and was quickly loaned out to lower league teams where he still looked shockingly bad.

Or maybe as fine as Jason Byrne? Yes that same Jason Byrne that couldn't break into the Cardiff first team and was promptly sold on at the first opportunity.

Perhaps even as fine as Dave Mooney. Yes that same Dave Mooney, ah f**k it you know the rest.

The only quality player that has come from the EPL in recent years is Doyle. The rest have in rare cases at best been very average (Murphy) or more generally been complete sh*t (see above).

Keith Fahey me balls.

Dodge
30/09/2008, 9:48 AM
Funny how you use first team football as the barometer to slate the others yet describe a premiership regular like Murphy as average.

O'Donovan was ****e (always said it). He's quick though and that goes a long way in our league. Byrne is a poor footballer with a knack for scoring (never going to be good enough outside this league). Bennett wasn't in top 6/7 centre halves in Ireland. Mooney's not great either IMO but at leat give him a bit fo time. Its a fairly big step up so I think its too early to write him off.

Fahey's a better passer of the ball then ANYONE in the Irish squad. He has loads of faults though (like most Irish players) but the aboive who said he goes missing in games is just plain lying. If anything he tries too hard sometimes and not everything he tries works out for him. I wouldn't pick him in my Ireland squad

BTW Ireland legend Joe O'Cearuill is our 5th choice centre half.

youngirish
30/09/2008, 9:58 AM
Funny how you use first team football as the barometer to slate the others yet describe a premiership regular like Murphy as average.

Getting into the first team is the first measure of any footballer's success. However even if he's in the first team that doesn't necessarily mean he's good. He has to be performing consistently at a good level.

Anyway Murphy hasn't been a regular in the first team for Sunderland this season.

ifk101
30/09/2008, 10:00 AM
In the same way as many on here were stating that Roy O'Donovan was a fine player and the best by a distance in the EPL last season? Yes that same Roy O'Donovan who can't even get into the first 11 for Dundee United and hasn't scored a single goals for them in nearly a dozen appearances.

Or possibly as fine a player as Alan Bennett? Yes that same Alan Bennett who was never good enough to get break into the Reading first team and was quickly loaned out to lower league teams where he still looked shockingly bad.

Or maybe as fine as Jason Byrne? Yes that same Jason Byrne that couldn't break into the Cardiff first team and was promptly sold on at the first opportunity.

Perhaps even as fine as Dave Mooney. Yes that same Dave Mooney, ah f**k it you know the rest.

The only quality player that has come from the EPL in recent years is Doyle. The rest have in rare cases at best been very average (Murphy) or more generally been complete sh*t (see above).

Keith Fahey me balls.

Is this your opinion or the voice of the Burnley fans forum?

Dodge
30/09/2008, 10:06 AM
Anyway Murphy hasn't been a regular in the first team for Sunderland this season.

He's played every game for them this season AFAIK

sadloserkid
30/09/2008, 10:07 AM
Yes that same Roy O'Donovan who can't even get into the first 11 for Dundee United and hasn't scored a single goals for them in nearly a dozen appearances.

While I appreciate that facts aren't really a massive part of your argument Roy O'Donovan has had 4 starts and come off the bench at the weekend for Dundee United. They've played 7 games and he wasn't yet there when the SPL kicked off. So 5 is nearly a dozen now is it? But yet he can't get near the team? :rolleyes:

youngirish
30/09/2008, 10:13 AM
While I appreciate that facts aren't really a massive part of your argument Roy O'Donovan has had 4 starts and come off the bench at the weekend for Dundee United. They've played 7 games and he wasn't yet there when the SPL kicked off. So 5 is nearly a dozen now is it? But yet he can't get near the team? :rolleyes:

A tip for the future if you're going to try (the important word here is try) to be clever and pull someone up over a slight irregularity in their facts (in the context of the overall argument) at least make sure that your own stated facts are sound. He has played 6 games not 5 and he was at Dundee Utd there when the SPL started.

Don't look so smart now do you? Feel a bit stupid? Now go and stand at the back of the classroom with your face to the wall.

youngirish
30/09/2008, 10:21 AM
He's played every game for them this season AFAIK

He hasn't started a league game in over a month. Only been used as a substitute.

Is this your opinion or the voice of the Burnley fans forum?

We speak with one voice.

Dodge
30/09/2008, 10:22 AM
OVER a month! Wow....

gustavo
30/09/2008, 10:25 AM
Of course we can all agree that Roy O'Donovan's appearances and goals record for Dundee United really is the best way to judge Keith Fahey's ability

ifk101
30/09/2008, 10:28 AM
We speak with one voice.

.... and hence your name "young" and "Oirish".

youngirish
30/09/2008, 10:29 AM
Of course we can all agree that Roy O'Donovan's appearances and goals record for Dundee United really is the best way to judge Keith Fahey's ability

You can do so if you want I'm using it more as a basis to show the other players that have been touted by many of the EPL heads who are now touting Fahey to clearly display how clueless they are.

sadloserkid
30/09/2008, 10:30 AM
Don't look so smart now do you? Feel a bit stupid? Now go and stand at the back of the classroom with your face to the wall.

Not at all because you're wrong. Being pandered to by morons has never gotten me down. :) 'Nearly a dozen'. Jesus wept.

And if he's played in six of their seven game as you now claim where do you get your ludicrous theory that he can't get into their team?

youngirish
30/09/2008, 10:32 AM
Not at all because you're wrong.

Nearly a dozen is a relative assessment which is not right nor wrong just relative. 6 to me could be close to a dozen. Again I state it's relative depending on whether I equate 6 to being close to 12 or not.

5, however, is definitely not 6 and also O'Donovan was definitely at Dundee at the start of the season so you were wrong, twice whereas I was only expressing a relative comparision which is neither right nor wrong by definition it was just an opinion.

Being pandered to by morons has never gotten me down. :)
Of course it doesn't, you'd feel right at home in such familiar company. Most morons probably also think 5 = 6. Now keep quiet and let the adults talk and remember 5 != 6.

sadloserkid
30/09/2008, 10:34 AM
Of course it doesn't you'd feel right at home in such familiar company. Now keep quiet and let the adults talk.

I see. So you're saying that you can't answer this then yeah?

And if he's played in six of their seven game as you now claim where do you get your ludicrous theory that he can't get into their team?

Saint_Charlie
30/09/2008, 10:35 AM
You can do so if you want I'm using it more as a basis to show the other players that have been touted by many of the EPL heads who are now touting Fahey to clearly display how clueless they are.

Isn't EPL the english premier league? LOI is what you want. Plus I wasn't touting him for the Irish squad. I was merely poining out to those who may not know that he will be playing in a high standard match tonight.

Watch it and see what you think of him.

Dodge
30/09/2008, 10:37 AM

Evidence of the same people touting Fahey as have touted O'Donovan please?

And the EPL is the English premier League. Everyone knows that...

sadloserkid
30/09/2008, 10:37 AM
And while I know it hardly relevant to Keith Fahy's merits we have here a link confirming that Roy O'Donovan has started 4 games and played 1 as a sub this season: http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=70

Youngirish is making it up as he goes along.

youngirish
30/09/2008, 10:41 AM
And while I know it hardly relevant to Keith Fahy's merits we have here a link confirming that Roy O'Donovan has started 4 games and played 1 as a sub this season: http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=70

Youngirish is making it up as he goes along.

And here's a better link that has actually been updated recently that shows he has played 6 games and lists him in every one of those 6 and the time he spent on the pitch.

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=562960

Let it go man this is like kicking a cripple when he's after falling out of his wheelchair.

youngirish
30/09/2008, 10:44 AM
Evidence of the same people touting Fahey as have touted O'Donovan please?

And the EPL is the English premier League. Everyone knows that...

To me it's historically meant the Eircom Premier League. The English Premier League is simply called the Premier League I think most people would agree.

sadloserkid
30/09/2008, 10:46 AM
6 is apparently almost a dozen now? 50% is therefore almost 100%? Sure... :rolleyes:

Also still waiting...

And if he's played in six of their seven games as you now claim where do you get your ludicrous theory that he can't get into their team?

youngirish
30/09/2008, 10:50 AM
6 is apparently almost a dozen now? 50% is therefore almost 100%? Sure... :rolleyes:

Are we back on this again after I rubbished your 5 appearances claim?

Quick you better find something else inconsequential in the semantics of the original post that has no relevance to the overall point of the whole argument and post 10 times about it.

The main issue was O'Donovan has been sh*t since leaving the EPL. Are you disagreeing with this fact or agreeing with it? Do you even understand the issue?

ifk101
30/09/2008, 10:50 AM
IMO Keith Fahy was the best player on the park against Hertha Berlin. We all know that the LOI is not English Premiership or Championship standard but that doesn't necessarily mean that certain LOI players are not capable of playing at a higher standard.

With regards to the upcoming B match - we know that Potter, Rowlands, Gibson are not international standard. Why not give a player such as Keith Fahy the chance to show what he can do instead of giving players that aren't good enough another chance to confirm this? Or do we need Owen Coyle and Burnley to give their approval first?

sadloserkid
30/09/2008, 10:53 AM
Are we back on this again after I rubbished your 5 appearances claim?

Quick you better find something else inconsequential in the semantics of the original post that has no relevance to the overall point of the whole argument and post 10 times about it.

The main issue was O'Donovan has been sh*t since leaving the EPL. Are you disagreeing with this fact or agreeing with it? Do you even understand the issue?

Nonsense. You said that he couldn't get into their first XI. That is just not the case. I've no problem in saying that Dundee United's website has lied to me. Can you stand up to telling fibs in your initial tirade? I thought not...

FWIW I think O'Donovan has been fairly terrible since leaving Cork and was over-rated even while he was here.

youngirish
30/09/2008, 10:54 AM
IMO Keith Fahy was the best player on the park against Hertha Berlin. We all know that the LOI is not English Premiership or Championship standard but that doesn't necessarily mean that certain LOI players are not capable of playing at a higher standard.

With regards to the upcoming B match - we know that Potter, Rowlands, Gibson are not international standard. Why not give a player such as Keith Fahy the chance to show what he can do instead of giving players that aren't good enough another chance to confirm this? Or do we need Owen Coyle and Burnley to give their approval first?

I would have McCann in well before the likes of Fahey as would most sane people.

Consider the choices, a 25 year old never will be who was deemed surplus to requirements at both Arsenal and Aston Villa who is unlikely to improve as he should now be close to this peak or a just turned 21 year old who is lighting up the Championship in England thus far with his appearances and could easily be playing in the Premiership by this stage next year.

MMmmmm let me see. Decisions, decisions.

youngirish
30/09/2008, 10:58 AM
FWIW I think O'Donovan has been fairly terrible since leaving Cork and was over-rated even while he was here.
So you agree with my original point. Nice one. That wasn't so difficult now was it?

Why did you take 10 posts to rubbish a point you were in essence in agreement with. Do you ever hear voices in your head?

Dodge
30/09/2008, 11:00 AM
Why did you take 10 posts to rubbish a point you were in essence in agreement with

he didn't say anything of the like. He rubbished your point that he hasn't played, and then pointed out that he's rubbish. How can you not see the difference.

Anyway, enjoy the ban for the constant agressive posts

gustavo
30/09/2008, 11:02 AM
I would have McCann in well before the likes of Fahey as would most sane people.

Consider the choices, a 25 year old never will be who was deemed surplus to requirements at both Arsenal and Aston Villa who is unlikely to improve as he should now be close to this peak or a just turned 21 year old who is lighting up the Championship in England thus far with his appearances and could easily be playing in the Premiership by this stage next year.

Would you want a player who was also deemed surplus to requirements by Blackburn and Celtic ? Shay Given would be out of the picture so , Richard Dunne not good enough for Everton , Andy Reid sold by Spurs , My point being that players ability has been known to improve over time and I wouldn't say that a midfielders ability peaks at 25 ,more likely 27-30

sadloserkid
30/09/2008, 11:02 AM
So you agree with my original point. Nice one. That wasn't so difficult now was it?

Why did you take 10 posts to rubbish a point you were in essence in agreement with. Do you ever hear voices in your head?

All the time. ;) That said, and I almost admire your dedication to refusing to admit it, to say that Roy O'Donovan has played 'almost a dozen games' for Dundee United (comparatively or otherwise that's misleading) and that he's not getting near their first XI is not correct or accurate. I now have to go to work. You have other posters to continue arguments with. I bid you good day. :)

paul_oshea
30/09/2008, 11:18 AM
where are the goalposts gone?! Oh wait look they've been moved down behind the shed :D

than not then.

In fairness YI, nobody calls it the EPL, the EPL is what the yanks call the premiership. I dont think ppl have gone on about fahey like others in the past, not in this forum anyway, in the EL forum I'm sure they would all have a go at ye and say he should be captain of ireland :D<fair point neil>. The original post was about having a look at him for those who normally wouldn't get to see him play, such as myself for example. I have to say he played very well in teh first game, but one game does not a great player make, though you are only as good as your last game.

Carrigaline
30/09/2008, 11:20 AM
Fahey's a better passer of the ball then ANYONE in the Irish squad. He has loads of faults though (like most Irish players) but the aboive who said he goes missing in games is just plain lying. If anything he tries too hard sometimes and not everything he tries works out for him. I wouldn't pick him in my Ireland squad

BTW Ireland legend Joe O'Cearuill is our 5th choice centre half.
First of all, I seem to remember you lauding O'Cearuill when he first joined Pat's. It doesn't even look he will even have a career in football now.

Secondly, I would take either of the Reid's over Fahey anyday. They have played at the highest level. Fahey on the otherhand looks good in what is basically a League 2 team.

Reminds me of when Cork fans wanted Joe Gamble playing for Ireland. He got his chance, but didn't have the quality in the end.

ifk101
30/09/2008, 11:20 AM

Your opinion of McCann is based on what you read on Burnley's fans forum. Objectivity is what your opinion is missing.

The decision is quite simple to me - pick both. I'm pointing out that Fahy is more deserving of a place in the B squad than 3 other players (Potter, Gibson and Rowlands).

Dodge
30/09/2008, 11:21 AM
in the EL forum I'm sure they would all have a go at ye and say he should be captain of ireland but not in here where we have more realistic posters

Evidence? Or you showing your usual biases again?

NeilMcD
30/09/2008, 11:22 AM
Well said Paul except for the little dig at the El forum. I like Fahey I think he is the best midfielder in the League of Ireland and he would deserve a place in the Ireland B squad and so would Mc Cann and so would O Toole.

Enjoy his performance tonight as I hope he produces. He has certainly improved over the last 2 years big time but he still has the trait of running out of a bit of steam, and maybe thats cause he tries too hard. But that is only a small complaint. Is he good enough for the full Ireland squad, no would be my opinion, but neither is Liam Miller.

Ceirtlis
30/09/2008, 11:24 AM

Keith Fahey me balls.

The thrust of this argument is correct but you are abit inaccurate about Roy O' Donovan. He was injured until recently according to Craig Levein, he will have a job getting back in the team though because Jon Daly played well at the weekend and they have a few other strikers there pushing to be in the team. For those who say he wasnt a big player in the eircom league he was joint second top scorer in spite of leaving a bit over half way through the season.

Ceirtlis
30/09/2008, 11:25 AM

Deluded.

Dodge
30/09/2008, 11:28 AM
For those who say he wasnt a big player in the eircom league he was joint second top scorer in spite of leaving a bit over half way through the season.

So? Did you count how any of them were penalties? He was a good LOI player but there's no way he was ever going to be good enough for a club the size of Sunderland.

paul_oshea
30/09/2008, 11:30 AM
YI, always posts like that, why is he being banned now for it, the end is futile but I still feel I should make the case.

Evidence, I cant even find the bloody EL forum anymore so there isn't much chance of me finding any :D

In the forum in the past there were calls for various players when plying their trade in the EL to be playing for Ireland, merited maybe, maybe not, but most realistic candidates got their chances and didnt prove it when they got it.