PDA

View Full Version : Dolan thread

Gary
04/10/2003, 12:40 PM
You are a disgrace of a manager. All you really care about is the hype. All u seem to do is moan and bitch about everyone and everything. Your tactics last night lost us 3 valubale points.

What in the name of christ do u be thinking about u tub?

Greg was playing the game of his season, so what do u do, u put him on the left wing.

Coughlan is a waste of skin, and what do u do? U drop Bennet for him.

Colin T is playing the best football of his career in centre mid, what do u do? U fúcking well play him out on the wing?

You, Pat Dolan, are a mouth piece. yes you are doing great work to raise Citys profile, but you Pat Dolan, are doing fúck all to help us on the pitch. You talk a great fight, but you couldnt manage your way around a supermarket. Yes, we won our last 2 matches, but against Longford we were haunted, and Rover had our number til the sending off.

You are not a manager Pat. I hate saying it, but its the truth. Ill follow City to the end of the earth, but with u as manager, it looks like ill never have to leave Ireland.

patsh
04/10/2003, 1:21 PM
Bit harsh and OTT I think, but some of the criticism is justified.
The 3 points should have been wrapped up at half time.
This tendency to drop back and hang on is the most frustrating tactic ever, and Dolan has to carry the can for this. Attack is the best form of defence and we should have kept at them.
On the other hand though, most of the players last night had shocking games and Dolan cannot be blamed for that.
However, Behan is the only player I would seriously question, he is not up to it and should be left go at the end of the season.

niamh
04/10/2003, 1:34 PM
The lack on consistancy is Dolan's responsibility. We have seen some outstanding and some absolutely awful performances from City this year.

My season is effectively over...I will see a max of one more game I reckon so at this point I'll write that the team overall has not impressed me at all this season.

Dolan talks too much for my liking. Granted he needs more time but he's going to have to change the way he does things if City will be successful. It didn't work at Pats and it ain't going to work in Cork.

SSS
04/10/2003, 2:33 PM
Dolan was on RedFM sports news this morning talking about how we were outdone physically and technically...and how have seom very good players....In other words, talking up the opposition to divert attention from the abysmal performance.

Dolan has insisted on playing K Murray in centre mid. He is a passenger there. I didn't actually realise he was on the pitch until about fifteen minutes in. He is brutal as a midfielder. He does nothing that a block of wood occasionally moved around the middle third would do for you. This is not his fault - he is a very good centre back. It is Dolan's fault for playing him there. We won against Longford and Shams DESPITE having KM in the middle. We were found out last night.

Kearney has not yet produced the goods, but I'lll try to be fair here and go along the lines of "give him a few games"...but hopefully N****o will either replace him or drive him on the better things.

I agree with the criticism on moving the midfielders around. Dolan moved everyone around last night when straight swaps would have been easier.

Earlier this season I posted that Dolan got what he deserved after the awaya game to Waterford. I repeat that statement now and add the players to the criticism. That was a pathetic performance. Waterford should have been buried by half time. When City kept it down early on (14 bloody minutes), they destroyed W'ford.

Éanna
04/10/2003, 2:42 PM
Think thats over the top, but there is some truth in it. City should not have dropped so deep last night, we all knew waterford would equalise once they came back to 2-1, when we should have been coasting by half time. Dolan has to take responsibility for us losing out on what would have been 3 great points. Greg was having his best game in months and should not have been moved- they won midfield after that. Behan looks like he has no confidence left at all, and how Benno is stuck on the bench is beyond me. This was a slip-up, and one of my biggest criticisms of Gunther was his inability to learn from slip-ups- lets hope its a different story this time round.

thecorner
04/10/2003, 2:51 PM
c'mon lads. this is a bit harsh
we always knew it was next season that we can judge him properly

must say i was surprised with the substitutions
as for the game last nite,the equaliser was a freak accident and these things will happen

Éanna
04/10/2003, 2:59 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
these things will happen
these things are far more likely to happen if you sit back for 75 mins and invite the opposition onto you :rolleyes:

thecorner
04/10/2003, 3:10 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
these things are far more likely to happen if you sit back for 75 mins and invite the opposition onto you :rolleyes:
probably wont see an o.g. like that in the cross for another 20 years

they way ye r going on here ud swear dolan told murray score an o.g. in injury time

RedX
04/10/2003, 3:14 PM
I am not going to tear shreds out of Pat Dolan because it is a to early to judge the guy properly.Over this season,which is a building season(which many people dont realise Dolan is giving all the guys a decent chance and trying out lots of tactics.I posted earlier in the season that i do expect some better players to come in during the close season and some other players moving on.Its hard to please everyone though as you read messages here one week that Colin P and Behan should be starting nw Flynnys injured.Well these are two typical players that in my book do not look good enough already.You may say to early to judge but good players show potential and grab there chance to some degree.Throw Alan Carey,O Grady and another few who dont offer us anything and maybe we can really start re-building.Now if Pat Dolan persists with these guys i will have my doubts.Strangest decision i have seen the guy make has to be,as mentioned above,Why oh why has he moved Colin T out of the centre?..In all fairness we were stuck there for the first 10 games and then Colin came in and did very well.Then he is taken out of there and replaced by Kevin Murray who adds absolutely nothing to the team in that position.I cant believe that Murray could last so long on the pitch without being taken off.Thats where i would worry about Dolan.He still needs to convince us...

SSS
04/10/2003, 3:29 PM
Originally posted by thecorner

must say i was surprised with the substitutions
as for the game last nite,the equaliser was a freak accident and these things will happen

:confused: You are kidding!
Last night was the first time everyone around me agreed that both substitutions were absolutely spot on, if not overdue!
Murray should never have started ahead of Bennett ( or Mucka for that matter) and Kearney had given away possession in defensively dangerous positions at least three times in the second half. What surprised us was the way Dolan moved players around after the changes.

niamh
04/10/2003, 5:45 PM
Dolan has repeatedly made a few baffling decisions this season. There have been too mnay freak incidents of us losing out in the last minutes to call them freak occurances. You make your own luck and City haven't got the most solid defence in the world.
And before people go calling for a new manager...there isn't anyone out there for City.

ccfc till i die
04/10/2003, 8:53 PM
Originally posted by Gary
You are a disgrace of a manager. All you really care about is the hype. All u seem to do is moan and bitch about everyone and everything. Your tactics last night lost us 3 valubale points.

Greg was playing the game of his season, so what do u do, u put him on the left wing.

Colin T is playing the best football of his career in centre mid, what do u do? U fúcking well play him out on the wing?

You, Pat Dolan, are a mouth piece. yes you are doing great work to raise Citys profile, but you Pat Dolan, are doing fúck all to help us on the pitch. You talk a great fight, but you couldnt manage your way around a supermarket. Yes, we won our last 2 matches, but against Longford we were haunted, and Rover had our number til the sending off.

You are not a manager Pat. I hate saying it, but its the truth. Ill follow City to the end of the earth, but with u as manager, it looks like ill never have to leave Ireland.

Get a clue ya f uckin tool. First of all we lost 2 points last night not 3. Did it ever occur to you that it might not be us sitting back that caused the game to change but Waterford playing well and forcing us back a lot.

Also Rovers did not "have our number until the sending off" we were well on top of that game and it was only a matter of time until we went ahead. The sending off merely speeded up rovers' capitulation.

Nice to see you're standing by our manager and giving him ample time to change the squad.:rolleyes:

Neil
05/10/2003, 10:01 AM

What a load of ****in ****e!
Fickle aint the word....
:rolleyes:

Gary
05/10/2003, 2:01 PM
Neil, CCFC tid, get down off your clouds there now and stop being lordy w@nkers. I was angry about shít tactics. It wasnt that waterford were better than us, it was because we sat back once we went two up. No way should we have sat back. But we always do it dont we.

Dolan still has my full support, and i would imagine, most ppls full support, but u have to question some of the guys team selections, substitutions etc.

And wasnt it typical that in his post match interview, he deflected attention away from thge fatc that we threw away 2 valuable points.

CCFC tid, we were never going to score against Rovers last week had Croly not been sent off.

Neil, :rolleyes:

Colm
05/10/2003, 4:14 PM
Dolan still has my full support, and i would imagine, most ppls full support, but u have to question some of the guys team selections, substitutions etc.

Yes, as with any manager, fans are going to question team selections, substitutions etc. However, you went beyond that in your original post. A total over the top reaction.

we were never going to score against Rovers last week had Croly not been sent off.

We could have gone 2-0 up in the first half had Doyler not missed two sitters.

thecorner
06/10/2003, 12:52 AM
CCFC tid, we were never going to score against Rovers last week had Croly not been sent off.

stop now for f*ck sake, it was always a mtter of the ball was gonna go in the scums bet, the question was when

we were on top from start to finish

NorthoftheLee
06/10/2003, 9:16 AM
GARY completely OTT there boy..........

Dolan has made some strange team selections and substitutions but most managers do that at times........We have to face facts that the team isn't strong enough at the moment, I'm sure that Dolan knows this and will do everything in his power to rectify this in the close season...(hopefully)......Managers can't always be blamed for teams sitting back, it can happen automatically....I thought that Citywere doing ok until waterford scored, then they simply fell apart.....the players bottled it......

How can you claim to give your full support to Dolan when you say he couldnt manage his way round a supermarket.....you cant give your full support to someone you have no faith in.?????

Gary
06/10/2003, 10:44 AM
I know twas wat ott. i wish i hadnt posted it at all now, but i was very angry and prob still a bit drunk on sat morning.

Dolan in.

NorthoftheLee
06/10/2003, 10:57 AM
people should be breathalised before posting!!!!!!;)

ccfc till i die
06/10/2003, 2:27 PM
Neil, CCFC tid, get down off your clouds there now and stop being lordy w@nkers. I was angry about shít tactics. It wasnt that waterford were better than us, it was because we sat back once we went two up. No way should we have sat back. But we always do it dont we.

And wasnt it typical that in his post match interview, he deflected attention away from thge fatc that we threw away 2 valuable points.

Neil, :rolleyes:

We have got a tendency to sit back and defend leads prematurely but I think that is the players rather than dolan. We started to do it even before half time so Dolan wouldn't have had time to talk to them.

As regards the rovers game I have to take issue. If you look at the highlights on chorus we had the lions share of posession and chances and even the rovers fans admitted after that they were **** and deserved nothing.

steven17
07/10/2003, 12:58 PM
I know twas wat ott. i wish i hadnt posted it at all now, but i was very angry and prob still a bit drunk on sat morning.

Dolan in.
spinless cnut ..............stick with your first opinion.... i was reading it and thinking fair play someone actually can see what i see about that man and his methods..... agreed with everything you said. all valid points then you come under a bit of pressure from this lot and change your mind come on buddy you said it you meant it .....

patsh
07/10/2003, 1:05 PM
Originally posted by steven17
spinless cnut ..............
Well surely we want less spin, steven, isn't that a good thing?
BTW, how is life in the nether regions of the 1st Divison?

steven17
07/10/2003, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by patsh
Well surely we want less spin, steven, isn't that a good thing?
BTW, how is life in the nether regions of the 1st Divison?

GREAT some entertaining footy.........could you tell the city team that ...you know in division`1 they have a thing called a "midfield".....and when you loose or mess up the manager actually blames the players....not the ref,dublin teams or the f.a.i its a really great experiance again M I D F I E L D..try and say it after me .........................HA

patsh
07/10/2003, 1:33 PM
1. GREAT some entertaining footy.........2.you know in division`1 they have a thing called a "midfield".....

Yeah I guess it must be entertaining to see half the team get sent off every week....;)

Have Ramblers actually twigged that second point yet?

Colm
07/10/2003, 3:52 PM
i was reading it and thinking fair play someone actually can see what i see about that man and his methods.

The only thing you can see about Pat Dolan is the fact that he got rid of John Andrews because he knew he wasn't good enough for a big club like City.
If Dolan had rated Andrews you'd think he was the worlds greatest manager.
Take off your blinkers and stick to watching Queenstown. You really haven't got a clue.

Éanna
08/10/2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Colm
Take off your blinkers and stick to watching Queenstown.
He'll be playing for them soon with the amount of suspensions they're picking up :D

curts82
08/10/2003, 8:11 PM

HAha, nevera truer word. Doaln is a spoof