PDA

View Full Version : commentator on GBFM

corbyeire
29/09/2008, 4:12 PM
hello does anyone know the name of the commentator for utd matches on gbfm

thanks

eamo1
29/09/2008, 4:19 PM
Mike Rafferty is the guy.Writes for the local papers on the local football scene too.Sound guy but not the best commentator IMO.

corbyeire
29/09/2008, 4:31 PM
has come up with some crackers when he starts to waffle but does tend to go off in a tangent and not focus on the game at times

thanks again

eamo1
29/09/2008, 5:45 PM
He once went 20 mins without giving the score of a utd game.From around the hour mark to 10 mins from time he didnt give it once.I was just about to ring GBFM and find out the score when he finally said it.Hes ok though,hes nothing compared to the commentary on Derry City's site or Dundalk's,those guys are nuts.

Tir Oilean
29/09/2008, 9:35 PM
Ya that was the game in TC this season he didnt give the score out for effin ages! He's way better than the WLRFM fellas anyway but all the same those Wahurford fellas are awful funny!

gufcfan
30/09/2008, 3:36 PM
Ah lads, Mike's a sound fella, has an obvious passion for United. I'm sure if any of us were in his position, we would spend half the game shouting "**** SAKE KELLY" down the airwaves...

Bernie O'Connell was legend as well. Used to break into spontaneous bouts of Gaeilge also. He even swore during the UCD game at the beginning of last season.

Terry-Lander
30/09/2008, 5:25 PM
I'll never forget standing in front of where Bernie was commentating once and hearing him telling the listeners to get out the rosary beads and get down on their knees.......pure class

Paddyfield
30/09/2008, 6:50 PM
Derek Rogers is the co-commentator on GBFM. He is a GUFC legend and is the last captain to lift a piece of silverware for the Club when we won League Cup in Turners Cross in 1997.