PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a good pair of sensible trainers/runners

Lionel Ritchie
29/09/2008, 2:19 PM
...okay I need to get a new pair of runners for day to day use, walking to work etc.

I have chronic/recurrent/episodic tendonitis in both knees so my converse allstar days are well and truly over.

I need a pair of runners that have a a grand thick heel and sole that give plenty of cushion to the damaged joints BUT I don't want to to have to wear great big fluorescent white yokes with silver and fluorescent snot-green go faster stripes the like of which normally get worn in conjunction with shiney tracksuits and imitation Nike gear.

I'm currently wearing a pair of Reebocks that are nearly all black (my preference) save a slate grey thing on the sole. They are fine and have served me well but have seen better days.

My physio made a recommendation (before I got the reeboks) for a pair that I nearly fainted when I beheld. They'd have made a dedicated Honda Civic driver blush.

noby
29/09/2008, 2:25 PM
You know you're getting on when the old reliable of converse for the summer/DMs for the winter just doesn't cut it anymore.

Wolfie
29/09/2008, 2:26 PM
You're not a good advert for dancing on the ceiling, Lionel

Sligo Hornet
29/09/2008, 2:34 PM
Any good?

http://i36.tinypic.com/27wyvz5.jpg

Lionel Ritchie
29/09/2008, 7:17 PM
Christ is it open mic night here? :)

Pike B
29/09/2008, 7:23 PM
Nike Air Terminators. Any footlocker has them, or a modern version. Made for Basketball players and super comfortable, they'll last you years, and look dang good too. I have two pairs myself.

http://thesneakergame.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/nike_vintage_terminators.jpg

Dodge
29/09/2008, 7:44 PM
For "runners" Asics can't be beaten. Had a small problem with my feet myself and I think the runners alone cured it.

Ash
29/09/2008, 7:47 PM
Asics or New Balance

Sligo Hornet
30/09/2008, 7:02 AM
Christ is it open mic night here? :)

Sorry Lionel....couldn't resist:D

On a serious note, I agree with the others in respect of Asics....I am a regular distance runner and swear by my As:)ics...very comfortable and supportive

noby
30/09/2008, 7:13 AM
I wear Asics running too, and would recommend them. Good support, but they might be a bit flash for what you're looking for. Maybe they do them in black too.