PDA

View Full Version : O'Connor and last night's game

Counting Crow
04/10/2003, 9:41 AM
I know most of the stuff we write here is either tongue in cheek humor, venting of internal Club frustration or inter-club slagging but I have to say I feel compelled to post someting today that can only be described as very genuine disgust of a despicable, evil and moronic individual........aka Dan "Lusifer" O'Connor.

He comes direct from the Andy Goram school of evil little people.

In all our times slagging off Tony O'Dowd, Barry Ryan etc etc they have seen the funny side of it and, by and large, built up a rapor with us and added to the relationship and crack.

But this guy is different. There was a hint of it in Waterford last time.

One could almost understand one burst of the $hit he went on with ( after equalising in injury time ) but his continued provocation of the Shed and kicking the ball at the wall by the goal ( 6 inches higher and it would have taken the head off a woman looking over the wall - there was such force in the kick )

Gazza got into serious trouble years ago with his "tin whistle" march vs Celtic, also remember the Villa 'keeper's Nazi gestures at the supposidly Jewish Spurs fans ........... serious bams and fines for those indviduals.

City need to act. Fans have filed individual complaints to the Police in England also that have had good effect.

Plus the fact that this scum continued his antics after the game with Dolan on his way out of the ground, shows the type of RAT he is.

I personally am now going to take a day off work and will travel to Waterford in November. We should position ourselves behind his goal in both halves and give him hell.

.........message to Reynolds......the heat's off son.

.......The most despised LoI player visiting Cork now is this pr!ck.

Counting Crow
04/10/2003, 10:09 AM
.........it shouldn't take too much thought to come up with some effective banners for the pr!ck when we go to Waterford in November!

I forgot to mention ..........did you see him spraying the water at the crowd on his way down the tunnel at the end.

It defies belief some of the stuff he went on with.

I suppose it does go to show how much we ( The Shed, The Corner Boys et. all ) get to some of these second rate ******$.

Ashamed to say he represents Ireland.

thecorner
04/10/2003, 10:47 AM
dont normally agree with people running on the pitch to have a go at players but the person that did it last nite,fair play to him for having the balls. he only did what the rest of us wanted 2 do

Neil
05/10/2003, 10:41 AM
Gardaí Barrack Street
telephone 021-4316020

Neil
05/10/2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
I personally am now going to take a day off work and will travel to Waterford in November. We should position ourselves behind his goal in both halves and give him hell.

Anyone going to Switzerland?
He should be in goal for the u-21's in Neuchatel on Friday at18.00.

See ya there Daniel...........

A face
05/10/2003, 1:38 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Gardaí Barrack Street
telephone 021-4316020

???

mouldymurphy
05/10/2003, 9:46 PM
if you want to make an official complaint about the jackass friday night get onto john(i think its his first name)deasy he is the guy on charge of the gardai friday and his the one that can bring charges against him

Macy
06/10/2003, 9:11 AM
You gave a player sh!t, he reacted, now you want to get him charged!?!?!

Ya bunch of holier than thou pussy's....

Macy
06/10/2003, 9:27 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
I suspect all Man Yoo fans think alike. Sure Cantona should have been knighted after jumping into the crowd...:rolleyes:
Couldn't possible expect you to actually addess the issue Conor, sure change the subject/country/team....

You abuse players to get a reaction, he kicks the ball away (which might have hurt someone) and gave you the finger.... so fookin what?

I'd be more concerned about the supposed shower of bottles and coins that was thrown - and you all got on you high horse about Rovers "scum"!?!?!?!

SÓC
06/10/2003, 9:37 AM
if people do make a complaint it will be up to the Gardaí to decide if Danny Boy broke the law.

Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act 1994

Threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour in public place
6.—(1) It shall be an offence for any person in a public place to use or engage in any threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to provoke a breach of the peace or being reckless as to whether a breach of the peace may be occasioned.
(2) A person who is guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £500 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months or to both.

If he hit someone with the ball (intentionally or recklessly) thats a much more serious matter.

Macy you really are clueless. If you saw what he did you might just have some idea. Get over the re-fixed match.

The amazing this was that he wasnt really getting much abuse before that, just name chanting his name slowly and dodgy keeper when he droped the ball.

rebelnorrie
06/10/2003, 9:47 AM
arnt u meant to b workin seanie kid!! u put on that suit to sit and post on footie all day!! ba ceart go mbeadh sé sin as gaeilge sa phost ina bhfuil tú a shéain.

Macy
06/10/2003, 9:54 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act 1994

Threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour in public place
6.—(1) It shall be an offence for any person in a public place to use or engage in any threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to provoke a breach of the peace or being reckless as to whether a breach of the peace may be occasioned.
(2) A person who is guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £500 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months or to both.

So how many football fans in general, or City fans at the Waterford game, could be done under this act?

SÓC
06/10/2003, 10:03 AM
Different people have different duties/standards of care. I.e. a player on the pitch as compared to the fans in the stand.

Where are my manners rebelnorrie, dont think he's an Irishspeaker tho'

6- (1) Is cion ag aon duine in it phoibí aon fhocail bhagracha, mhaslacha nó tharcaisneacha a úsáid, nó gabháil d’aon iompraíocht bhagrach, mhaslach nó tharcaisneach, le hintinn briseadh síochána a
bhriogadh nó le meargántacht i dtaobh an bhféadfadh briseadh síochána a bheith ann dá thoradh.
(2) Aon duine a bheidh ciontach i gcion faoin alt seo dlífear, ar a chiontú go hachomair, fíneáil nach mó ná £500 nó príosúnacht ar feadh téarma nach faide ná 3 mhí, nó iad araon, a chur air.
Though you were in lectures all day;)

paudie
06/10/2003, 2:41 PM
As someone else said Macy, Connor was getting very little abuse during the game but he completely lost at the end.

He's a lucky boy if it wasn't recorded on video.

razor
07/10/2003, 12:13 PM
I take my wife away for the weekend for our anniversary and I miss all the good stuff.
Was getting text updates on the night but no mention of the drama that unfolded until Saturday.
Pretty sick on Friday night after the last txt.
Sorrows drowned.

Sounds like this fool really overdid the old incitement bit.
He is not fit to represent this country if he carries on like that.
Those City fans at the U21 game should make their feelings known, I mean its not like we can qualify anyway.

Any idea how many were waiting inside and then outside the ground ?

I can't condone people wanting to lynch him (I probably would have myself) but people have the right to make their feelings known on the matter, especially if it means scaring the sh*t out of him.

Anyone know the bloke who made it onto the pitch ?
Good to see the stewards earning their money.:D

Was Moses there ? Did he combust ?

The case on this is not closed.

tiktok
07/10/2003, 3:04 PM
at the time i wanted to smack him, but in fairness, he got way too wound up off very little abuse. in the end it was kind of pathetic. in response to Macy's note on bottles been thrown, a few were but i gave and saw people giving dogs abuse to one 'fan' who threw one in, but obviously that would be something i'd prefer not to see.

basically, roll on the away game, we'll be on his back from the first minute, he obviously can't take a small bit of abuse, he'll get some fright in waterford.;)

WeAreRovers
07/10/2003, 3:26 PM
Can't tell you how much I'm enjoying you lot getting your hypocritical knickers in a twist. :)

It does bring me on to a relevant topic though. When O'Callaghan scored against us the other week he ran straight to the Rovers fans, giving it loads, all the usual gestures etc. One of our lads complained to a cop on duty who agreed that it was incitement and that he would back us up (he gave his name/number and station.)

The Rovers fan involved decided it would be too petty to bring any further action but it was interesting that the (Cork) cop agreed with us. Food for thought?

KOH

SÓC
07/10/2003, 3:43 PM
Originally posted by WeAreRovers
Can't tell you how much I'm enjoying you lot getting your hypocritical knickers in a twist. :)

It does bring me on to a relevant topic though. When O'Callaghan scored against us the other week he ran straight to the Rovers fans, giving it loads, all the usual gestures etc. One of our lads complained to a cop on duty who agreed that it was incitement and that he would back us up (he gave his name/number and station.)

The Rovers fan involved decided it would be too petty to bring any further action but it was interesting that the (Cork) cop agreed with us. Food for thought?

KOH

Difference being George did it for max 5 seconds, Connor did it for about 3 minutes and even more intense. George showed the Rovers fans his t-shirt, Connor stuck his fingers up constantly. Two totally different types of events. In saying that what Georgie did was stupid and being honest any player who does things like that should get a ban. If they did it in any properly run league in Europe they'd be banned.

Seanie
07/10/2003, 4:10 PM
I was behind the goal in front of the shed for the game. I don't believe that O'Connor was subject to that much abuse - certainly nowhere near the extent that O'Dowd or others get.

When Waterford scored, he was right to celebrate - most goalkeepers race up the pitch for a later equaliser but he chose to just turn around and taunt the Shed. Nothing overly wrong at first, but when he kept up his taunting after goal celebrations died down, well it was totally uncalled for. And still he kept it going and going. Naturally he was going to turn to the shed again on the full-time whistle, but all he does is over-taunt again. It was bound to incite.

And then having seen the trouble he had incited, he goes and picks up the bottle and sprays the water/7up/whatever everywhere like a fu@king child. Totally and utterly UNPROFESSIONAL.

He didn't even impress me as a goalkeeper - Irish U21 keeper next Friday? I fear.

James
07/10/2003, 4:10 PM
ok i got the georgie reference that SOC and WAR commented on but conor man, what are ya on about like !!!!

in the same way that's there's a difference between Thierry Henry this season running to Everton fans after scoring (an annoyance for those fans), and Mark Bosnich giving the straight arm salute to Spurs fans a few years back (an offensive gesture), or James Carragher or El Hadji Diouf or Eric Cantona reacting in an even more forcfeul way to perceived slights from the crowd.

who ya talkin about :rolleyes:

Gary
07/10/2003, 4:19 PM
Why do ppl always pretend not to know anything about the premiership.

Sure i thought u were an everton fan james.

:rolleyes:

James
07/10/2003, 4:41 PM
whatever and tbh i used to know alot more bout the old div1, when sports stadium had the rights for live sat soccer games
cant honestly remember the last live full premiership match i saw.. saw 1st half of arsenal man u and the last 10mins of 2nd half but b4 that.. maybe 2 or 3 years b4 i saw anything other then goals..

never had skysports at home makes a big diff..

anyways anyone got an update on dan o connor and the meeting that was meant to be on last night in cork with him and the city officials !

James
07/10/2003, 5:04 PM
I know, I prefer to watch it from a barstool meself...:D .

as oppose to falling asleep on one ;) :D

niamh
07/10/2003, 5:23 PM
Is not virtually everyone a PREM fan in disguise given that's want most of us were at least brought up on??

Colm
07/10/2003, 7:47 PM
When O'Callaghan scored against us the other week he ran straight to the Rovers fans, giving it loads, all the usual gestures etc.

What "usual gestures" was he making? I only saw him run towards ye lot and show off his t-shirt, I don't think he made any obscene gestures. I can't see how you can think this was any form of incitment, WAR.
In fact, I think it's laughable to compare it with what Dan Conor did on friday.

sadloserkid
07/10/2003, 8:06 PM
Originally posted by Colm
What "usual gestures" was he making? I only saw him run towards ye lot and show off his t-shirt, I don't think he made any obscene gestures. I can't see how you can think this was any form of incitment, WAR.
In fact, I think it's laughable to compare it with what Dan Conor did on friday.

Tell me Colm, have you ever seen or heard anybody associated with Cork City ever do anything wrong at all?

James
07/10/2003, 8:13 PM
sry SLK i think colm had his eyes closed that one time :D

WeAreRovers
07/10/2003, 8:17 PM
Originally posted by Colm

Read my post again. I said the incident was too petty to follow up. My point was that the Cork cop felt it was incitement and was prepared to back us up. As far as I'm concerned when an opposition player runs to us it's a (back-handed) compliment - and that includes Tony Dirtbird. ;)

KOH

thecorner
07/10/2003, 8:50 PM
we dont give a fu@k about rovers
basically who does
fu*k off WAR

patsh
07/10/2003, 9:02 PM

To be honest, I would not be surprised if the Ref had it in his report. I thought at the time it wa stupid and felt George would get into trouble. It is the same sort of thing as the Connor incidents, but maybe on a lesser scale. Anything like that should be discouraged by a ban/fine.

Colm
07/10/2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Tell me Colm, have you ever seen or heard anybody associated with Cork City ever do anything wrong at all?

I said I didn't think it was incitement, I didn't say that it wasn't wrong.
It was a stupid thing to do, but it lasted for about 10 seconds and he didn't do anything offensive or try to incite a riot. Dan Conor did!

liamon
08/10/2003, 8:42 AM
Originally posted by thecorner
basically who does
fu*k off WAR

Insightful and well reasoned. :rolleyes:

Loathe as I am to admit it, WAR does have a point.
GOC was daft to celebrate in front of the scum. In a well run league, he’s be punished.

O’Connor should also be punished, but even more so, for spraying liquid onto the crowd and use of obscene gestures.

Éanna
08/10/2003, 11:28 AM
Read my post again. I said the incident was too petty to follow up. My point was that the Cork cop felt it was incitement and was prepared to back us up.
Right, so ye lot chose not to follow it up. We aren't making the same decision. It was your prerogative then, just as it is ours now. You chose not to, we are chosing to do something about it. If George did something stupid he deserved to be punished for it. The cops down here thought connor was guilty of incitement and the FAI observer DID note it in his report, and waterford have said they will be taking action- so all of them deemed it serious enough to make an issue of it- why are we getting grief for thinking the same way?

Shed End John
08/10/2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by liamon

GOC was daft to celebrate in front of the scum. In a well run league, he’s be punished.

O’Connor should also be punished, but even more so, for spraying liquid onto the crowd and use of obscene gestures.

IMO, you can't even begin to compare the two incidents. What George did was a wind-up, nothing more. It's done in leagues across Europe EVERY week.
The O'Connor incident was WAY more serious and WAY over the top. Personally, I think the f***er shouldn't have been allowed travel for the U-21 game v Switzerland. Also, if all the relevant authorities agreed it was incitement, why the Hell wasn't he arrested on Friday night???

fella
08/10/2003, 12:18 PM
As far as I'm concerned when an opposition player runs to us it's a (back-handed) compliment - and that includes Tony Dirtbird. ;)

KOH

I'd say that's what he would have had in mind alright, nothing to do with rubbing in your face the fact that ye scummy, drugged up homeless c**ts had just secured another defeat at the hands of city and this time in a "home" game at Turners Cross.

Could you and your kind ever f**k off.

dalo
08/10/2003, 12:55 PM
o'connor is a tosser of gigantic proportions. he should be given a good kicking off the eircom league. that said I still have no sympathy with the eejits who tried to rush him during the game. yeah conceding that goal was a sickener and the carry on of o'connor was thick to say the least but jesus some of our so called supporters should really grow up and stop acting the maggot. he incited the crowd so is that a excuse for some of the b**s**t witnessed after the game? what a bunch of sad f***ers- get a life!!!!!! what o'connor didwas hardly a war crime either.

are we that senstive supporters that we get so upset that we have to indulge in such oh-woe -is -me, heart beating every time a moron like o'connor surfaces. let's face it lads we really upset at leaving in the o.g.
f
or the record any player who taunts the opposition supporters no matter who large or small the offence given deserves a 2 match ban, simple as that. that includes george, o'connor and tony bird

on the subject of the game yeah city were s**t and dolan really deserves some right stick for that one. apart from george we were poor and at this stage i really wonder does denis behan have what it takes.

even before the o.g murray was in serious trouble. what was with with the fancy dan (sic) passing out of defence. didn't he realise we were being swamped in midfieldd and playing in a strong breeze.

anyway once again city choke in a big game. sickener:(

Schumi
08/10/2003, 2:25 PM
What did Callaghan have on his t-shirt anyway?

Shed End John
08/10/2003, 2:31 PM
Originally posted by Schumi

John O'Flynn
Played 45, Scored 30
To Be Continued..............

Classic, if you ask me!!

WeAreRovers
08/10/2003, 2:45 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
basically who does
fu*k off WAR

Jaysus, who stole your soother? Clever the way you managed to get around foot.ie's censorship in TWO totally different ways. Buy that man a pint of Beamish (before they shut poxy place down) How many jobs has Cork lost in the last couple of weeks? Hard to believe with people of the calibre of thecorner around. :D

KOH

Gary
08/10/2003, 2:51 PM
Jaysus, who stole your soother? Clever the way you managed to get around foot.ie's censorship in TWO totally different ways. Buy that man a pint of Beamish (before they shut poxy place down) How many jobs has Cork lost in the last couple of weeks? Hard to believe with people of the calibre of thecorner around. :D

KOH

Not funny. Beamish is a very important part not only of our economy, but of Cork history. And Beamish stout is waaaaaaaaaaay nicer than guinness.

Schumi
08/10/2003, 3:03 PM
Originally posted by Gary
Beamish stout is waaaaaaaaaaay nicer than guinness. Ugh, Beamish is worse than Guinness, even in Cork!

James
08/10/2003, 3:56 PM

Georgie tshirt pic (http://www.eirways.com/citynet/gallery/20030927_rovers/23_G?full=1)

Gary
08/10/2003, 4:08 PM
Ugh, Beamish is worse than Guinness, even in Cork!

Id have thought that u being a student would love Beamish, the fact its so cheap and all.

In fact in independent tests, Beamish was deemed the best of the three.

Personally i find Murphys nicest, and i think Guiness is putrid. Beamish is ok. But i dont really like stout so im no one to give an opinion.

Id like to hear Dodges' opinion on this one. No doubt itll be well thought out and well informed!

:p

niamh
08/10/2003, 7:15 PM
haha. Georgie's t-shirt rocks.

We love you Georgie....