PDA

View Full Version : Hakin Yakin could be out.......

Junior
04/10/2003, 9:38 AM
From the FC Basel website (used a translation site, so apologies for the poor english)

Looks like hes out for their game tomorrow, will join up with the Swiss squad but is unknown whether he'll be fit enough to play, for Irelands sake,they'd be a weaker opposition without him!!

National player Hakan Yakin of the FC Basel 1893 has itself on 2 October 2003 in the context of his employment in the super League play with Neuchâtel Xamax in the 45. Minute with a duel without being to blame for the opponent a cap torn-tape condition at the left knoechel tightened. The medical examinations resulted in this in the case of Dr. Heinz Buehlmann. The injury was treated conservatively, i.e. without operation. The duration of the healing process cannot be judged at present valid. For the championship play of the FC Basel of the Sunday, which 5 October 2003, against which FC Wil will fail Hakan Yakin with security. Whether it can be used against it on 11 October 2003 in the EM Qualifikationsspiel against Ireland in Basel or not, is openly. The player becomes on the Tuesday, which 7 October 2003, with the zusammenzug of the national team to engage. On the following preparation days it becomes then points whether an employment is applicable or not.

Volltreffer
04/10/2003, 9:44 AM
Originally posted by Junior
... for Irelands sake,they'd be a weaker opposition without him!!
We had to play against Russia without Hakan, that really says it all. :(

Barna Bee
04/10/2003, 5:38 PM
Yakin doubtful for Switzerland's Euro clash with Ireland
Sat 4 October, 2003 12:48 BST

GENEVA, Oct 4 (Reuters) - Attacking Switzerland midfielder Hakan Yakin is in doubt for next week's Euro 2004 Group 10 qualifier with Ireland after picking up an ankle injury, his club FC Basel said on Saturday.

Yakin was substituted at halftime in Basel's 3-1 win away to Neuchatel Xamax in the Swiss League on Thursday, and has since had his ankle heavily strapped following treatment.

Basel said in a statement Yakin would not be fit for their league fixture with Wil on Sunday, and that the midfielder could be ruled out of the Swiss squad, which is due to meet on Tuesday.

Yakin's doctor Heinz Buehlmann told Swiss daily Blick that Yakin's chances of playing in the October 11 international at Basel's St Jakob Park stadium were no better than 30 percent

"Hakin must have his ankle taped until at least Monday," Buehlmann was quoted as saying. "At the earliest, it will be Tuesday when he can run in training.

"Normally it needs a break of four weeks with this injury. I would deem his chances of playing as scarce, no more than 30 percent."

Switzerland lead the Group 10 standings on 12 points, with Russia second on 11 and Ireland, also with 11, third on goal difference.

Koebi Kuhn's Switzerland team need a repeat of last October's victory over Ireland at Lansdowne Road to be assured of qualifying for next year's European Championship in Portugal.

Junior
05/10/2003, 8:29 PM
Meanwhile, Streller scored another 2 today for Basel in a 4:0 win, he's on top form and will be one to watch out for should he get his chance to make his senior debut.

NigeSausagepump
06/10/2003, 11:45 AM
Wonder if there's a thread on the Swiss football fan website with the title "Richard Dunne could be out".
Maybe not.

John83
06/10/2003, 12:25 PM
Meanwhile, Streller scored another 2 today for Basel in a 4:0 win, he's on top form and will be one to watch out for should he get his chance to make his senior debut.

The papers suggested that Kuhn is unlikely to change his striker partnership, despite one of them (not Chapuisat, the other one), so Streller is likely to be on the bench. Seems that the Swiss manager has a tendancy to stick with old favourites, rather like a certain ex-manager of ours.

Yakin apparently played 60 minutes last week (as part of a comeback). Has he had a relapse of his injury?

Volltreffer
06/10/2003, 2:11 PM
No, he suffered a new ankle injury.

Ptizetre
09/10/2003, 8:55 PM
Hi everybody,

Yakin will play (not more than 60 minutes), then Celestini may play for him.

You are lucky, Henchoz will not play !

I must say I m bit afraid of Keane...(both)

See you on saturday

David from Zurich

gustavo
09/10/2003, 10:47 PM
unless roy keane comes around to your house on saturday calling you a "crap footballer and a crap manager" and tells you in his own inimitable style to "stick it up your bóllíx" then you have no need to worry about him

Junior
10/10/2003, 7:29 AM
Originally posted by Ptizetre
Hi everybody,

Yakin will play (not more than 60 minutes), then Celestini may play for him.

You are lucky, Henchoz will not play !

I must say I m bit afraid of Keane...(both)

See you on saturday

David from Zurich

Welcome David,

Duff is the man to be worried about!!!:)

John83
10/10/2003, 9:42 AM
Welcome David,

Duff is the man to be worried about!!!:)

Shh! Don't tell them all our secrets. Just wait until they get a load of our real secret weapon.

Kevin Kilbane.

I can't decide how much I'm being serious and how much I'm taking the ****. That's disturbing. :eek:

On the other hand, the Swiss manager idemtified Keano Duffer and Kilbane as our major threats. But then, that's pretty much the whole of our attack you can confidently predict will start. :confused:

carnstein
10/10/2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by John83

On the other hand, the Swiss manager idemtified Keano Duffer and Kilbane as our major threats. [/B]
Kilbane a major threat!? Its good to know we are not up against managerial genius as well as half decent players. On the other hand the Swiss might just be taking the ****.

petef
10/10/2003, 10:11 PM
Not forgetting the aerial threat on set pieces from Gary "Secret Weapon No.2" Breen.

tricky_colour
11/10/2003, 1:42 AM
Originally posted by NigeSausagepump
Wonder if there's a thread on the Swiss football fan website with the title "Richard Dunne could be out".
Maybe not.

I don't know why you knock Dunn he has scored 4 in 19
which is a better rate the Duff's 5 in 39.
He has alway done great for Ireland

I would play Dunn myself, and Breen 7 in 59 also
Morrison 5 in 12.

At the end of the day if we aint winning we will want all those
big guys in the box.

Carr Dunn Breen Harte
Duff Holland O'Shea Kilbane
Morrison Keane

Anyway I could do a thousand teams, but hight is always
a danger and both teams need to win so its gonna end
with one team or another lobbing long balls into the box.
Prehaps not my starting line up, but I would certaintly like
to finish with it.
Big guys and good crosses get goals and we need at least one
of them.

But then what do I know?
I am sure who ever is picked will do the job.

tricky_colour
11/10/2003, 1:45 AM
Just a follow up to my post, if we cannot doninate the midfield
we might as well bypass it and rely on hight and good crosses
of the ball which we have in abundance.

NigeSausagepump
11/10/2003, 9:46 AM
Originally posted by tricky_colour

But then what do I know?

I think you answered your own question.

Dunne isn't in the squad.

tricky_colour
11/10/2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by NigeSausagepump
I think you answered your own question.

Dunne isn't in the squad.

He would be in my squad. Nobody said I had to restrict my choice
of team to current squad players.
The squad picked by Kerr didn't do the job on the night anyway.
not by a long way (fortunately I didn't see the match).
I doubt the squad I picked would have faired much worse.

the 12 th man
17/10/2003, 3:24 PM
NO HE IS NOT /WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!""1111