PDA

View Full Version : Last Nites Referee

TheNorthsider
04/10/2003, 8:06 AM
thought he wasnt consistant georgie being pulled to the ground in the box in the first half,waterford no. 2 lucky to stay on lots of stupid frees.Standard of referees in the LOI is extremely poor

niamh
04/10/2003, 11:37 AM
Georgey always gets pulled around. As Quinny said against Spain for the penalty, he's been pulled around all night and then suddenly for no particular reason one was called.
We could start the ref discussion all over again...
or not.

patsh
04/10/2003, 1:13 PM
I actually thought he was OK. He was hardly noticable, which is surely the whole point.

Éanna
04/10/2003, 2:36 PM
I thought he was ok. Two criticisms: he should have got the yellow card out quicker over the way george was being brutalised and he should have taken action against Dan Connor for his behaviour. All in all though one of the better refereeing performances i've seen in a while.

TheNorthsider
04/10/2003, 5:21 PM
fcuk lads thought he made some very strange decisions not saying he caused the result.Feel he was like all LOI refs very inconsistant

one_bounce
07/10/2003, 11:31 AM
in fairness i thought he did ok... yer right about the waterford no 2 but what about billy woods tackle from behind.. dont know how he got away with only a yellow..
the ref was the least of our worries on fri