PDA

View Full Version : RTÉ TWO to broadcast Bohemians v Bray Wanderers LIVE

Réiteoir
28/09/2008, 7:36 PM
Please note the following change to the broadcasting arrangements for next weekend’s eircom League of Ireland matches.

RTE TWO will now be broadcasting from Dalymount Park as Bohemians take on Bray Wanderers. In addition to showing live coverage from Dalymount Park, RTE TWO will also have cameras at Finn Park for the meeting of Finn Harps and St. Patrick’s Athletic and will show goals as they happen from Donegal.

Both matches will now commence at 7.35pm.

superfrank
28/09/2008, 7:46 PM
Why did they switch it? Anyone know?

I can't imagine Harps are too happy.

Gypsy1890
28/09/2008, 7:49 PM
Why did they switch it? Anyone know?

I can't imagine Harps are too happy.
Because there's the possibility that Bohs can guarantee the league title that night. :cool:

Dodge
29/09/2008, 9:16 AM
I'd imagine harps have sold ads etc on the basis of TV coverage.

Neish
29/09/2008, 9:24 AM
I had thought I heard them say this after the Bohs Vs Rovers game on friday, but thought I had imagined or they had made a mistake. To be honest I'm not suprised usual RTE keep it in the pale cr*ap

Réiteoir
29/09/2008, 9:49 AM
I had thought I heard them say this after the Bohs Vs Rovers game on friday, but thought I had imagined or they had made a mistake. To be honest I'm not suprised usual RTE keep it in the pale cr*ap

That arguement is like Sky not showing Man Utd winnng the title last season against Wigan because they'd provisionally promised to cover Liverpool against Fulham

Winning the title > Trying to Avoid Relegation

I know - in a position as a neutral observer what League of Ireland game I'd rather watch on Friday...

Dodge
29/09/2008, 9:57 AM
Yep, the free flowing Harps v Pats game... ;)

Always thought it was a strange choice of game tbh. Bit annoyed because I couldn't get time off and was delighted it was on TV.

Haven't looked at table in a while, if Bohs beat Bray they clinch title?

Réiteoir
29/09/2008, 10:02 AM
IIRC - this is all off the top of the head because I can't get access to a table here atm:

If Pats draw and Bohs win - then there's 21 points remaining to be played for and Bohs will have a 21 point lead.

A Bohs win or draw and Pats loss means that Bohs take the title on Friday

Mr A
29/09/2008, 10:03 AM
I think Harps have to get a result for that to happen, so no, not a hope :(

Dodge
29/09/2008, 10:46 AM
Oh right, so either way Bohs won't be getting the trophy this week.

kev mcq
29/09/2008, 12:10 PM
That arguement is like Sky not showing Man Utd winnng the title last season against Wigan because they'd provisionally promised to cover Liverpool against Fulham

Winning the title > Trying to Avoid Relegation

I know - in a position as a neutral observer what League of Ireland game I'd rather watch on Friday...

No it's not really the same, Harps need the revenue from the game being shown on tv and Bohs will not win the league this friday

Neish
29/09/2008, 1:27 PM
Hope Bray win now just to p*ss RTE off.

Dodge
29/09/2008, 1:38 PM
Hope Bray win now just to p*ss RTE off.

Hope Bray win just to **** Bohs off

Mr A
29/09/2008, 2:09 PM
Hope Harps win to make me happy.

Réiteoir
29/09/2008, 2:26 PM
No it's not really the same, Harps need the revenue from the game being shown on tv and Bohs will not win the league this friday

So - by your reckoning we go back to the original plan of just sending cameras to Finn Park.

I can see it now - Harps get a 90th minute winner - and a Bohs win seals the title for the Big Club - cut to a sheepish looking Con Murphy sat in the studio.

"Well we apologise - we can't show you the celebrations from Dalymount because some diddy Donegal club that's not Derry City ;) needed a few extra bob in their back pockets"

Cue Roddy Collins banging on about how good he was back in the day

holidaysong
29/09/2008, 3:08 PM
So - by your reckoning we go back to the original plan of just sending cameras to Finn Park.

I can see it now - Harps get a 90th minute winner - and a Bohs win seals the title for the Big Club - cut to a sheepish looking Con Murphy sat in the studio.

"Well we apologise - we can't show you the celebrations from Dalymount because some diddy Donegal club that's not Derry City ;) needed a few extra bob in their back pockets"

Cue Roddy Collins banging on about how good he was back in the day

Why can't they show the Harps - Pat's game and have cameras in Dalymount to show the goals from there and the celebrations on the off chance that they do secure the title?

:confused:

Macy
29/09/2008, 3:20 PM
Or, as holiday song says have the live match as planned with camera's at Dalymount? Unlikely it'll be won this weekend, so why not show the other match as the main match?

btw Réiteoir, at this stage of the season, if it was the situation in England, Sky would be showing both matches live in different time slots, not picking and choosing.