PDA

View Full Version : Away tickets at Windsor Park

Poor Student
28/09/2008, 3:58 PM
I was thinking of trying to get away end tickets for the Northern Ireland v Slovenia game in April. Any Northern Ireland fans know if away tickets could be got directly from the IFA or would you have to go through the NZS (Slovenian FA)?

Not Brazil
29/09/2008, 9:40 AM
I was thinking of trying to get away end tickets for the Northern Ireland v Slovenia game in April. Any Northern Ireland fans know if away tickets could be got directly from the IFA or would you have to go through the NZS (Slovenian FA)?

The Slovenian FA will be allocated approximately 1,400 for this game.

If they request less than this (highly likely), the surplus will be put on sale to Northern Ireland fans - usually done by way of a ballot, with members of the Official Supporters Rip Off, sorry "scheme", guaranteed a percentage.

You're best bet would be to apply directly to the Slovenian FA, if you definately only want to be in the "away" end.

gspain
29/09/2008, 11:12 AM
For a lot of away games the embassy of the away team will take an allocation of tickets. Normally you need a passport of the country to apply but they will sell you any amount of tickets.

I'd suggest trying the Slovenian embassy in Dublin or London

http://www.dublin.embassy.si/en

http://slovenia.embassyhomepage.com/

I know Turkish and Iranian colleagues have got literally dozens of tickets for games in Lansdowne for their Irish colleagues.

Poor Student
29/09/2008, 1:15 PM
You're best bet would be to apply directly to the Slovenian FA, if you definately only want to be in the "away" end.

I should probably explain, my girlfriend is Slovenian so that's why I'd prefer the away end. It's just an idea to go to the game at this stage but I just want to look into possible ways of doing it. Thanks for the advice, lads.

Not Brazil
29/09/2008, 1:43 PM
I should probably explain, my girlfriend is Slovenian so that's why I'd prefer the away end. It's just an idea to go to the game at this stage but I just want to look into possible ways of doing it. Thanks for the advice, lads.

You should get tickets, no problem.

Poor Student
29/09/2008, 8:54 PM
You should get tickets, no problem.

By the way, when would the allocation go on sale? Any earlier than March?

gspain
30/09/2008, 12:05 AM
By the way, when would the allocation go on sale? Any earlier than March?

I think you'd need to start looking by January at the latest. Tickets may not be available until March but they may well be allocated by then.