PDA

View Full Version : Any one want a manager?

TheRealRovers
03/10/2003, 8:43 PM
O'Riordan out:mad: :mad: :mad:

A face
04/10/2003, 2:59 PM
Why ... what happened !!

TheRealRovers
04/10/2003, 8:59 PM
Look we're we are in the league. All the money he is on and no result. For a club of our size we're stuck in the 1st division for to long now when you have clubs like kildare Co. Dublin City top the league and even worse ucd in the premier league.
In '94 when we won the treble we were getting crowds of 5 or 6,000 for all home games now look at us 1000 average only 600 last weekend. I'm not the only Rovers supporter that is fed up with this look at sligo web

Rocky
08/10/2003, 1:58 PM
Gotta agree there. Bar the Shelbourne result we've been S*^%$ this season. He's brought in half the Galway team, many of whom look like they're in Galway on match days. I think Don has his heart in it, but he just doesn't seem capable of getting us out of the First division.

He said himself at the start, promotion within 3 seasons. Well, this is the third season and you've got a better chance of 35 degrees at Christmass than Rovers going up now.

Ringo
09/10/2003, 8:47 AM
He’s a scumbag & a disgrace to the Eircom league. He should quietly disappear back under whatever stone he crawled out from

John83
09/10/2003, 9:34 AM
Originally posted by TheRealRovers
...even worse ucd in the premier league...

This is the same UCD which can sign one of your starting midfielders, and, during an extended injury crisis, keep him on the bench?

Support counts for nothing if your team is crap.

:p

Estar
09/10/2003, 9:55 AM
For a club of our size we're stuck in the 1st division for to long now when you have clubs like kildare Co. Dublin City top the league

You seem to be living in the past. Get used to finishing lower than us. I think ye have a good manager but average players. In all fairness, you would have to be payed more than the standard wage to play in Sligo. Only reason Galway players play for Sligo is they live near by. I wouldn't be to quick getting rid of the manager, he always gives young local talent a chance and plays nice football.

UCD_4_Life
09/10/2003, 3:16 PM
Ha! Sligo suck goats.

All those supporters and they STILL can't do better than a shower of students. Quite pathetic, really.

TheRealRovers
09/10/2003, 8:20 PM
I didn't mean to cause offence to Kildare Co, UCD, or Dublin supporters I was just saying that we should be up their with you lot

This is the same UCD which can sign one of your starting midfielders, and, during an extended injury crisis, keep him on the bench?
The only reason he joined you was because he got a scholarship.

I think ye have a good manager but average players
What did he ever do to become a good manager? I know he got Galway promoted but thats all, I think he is over rated. He has improved things since he came to Showgrounds but I think he has brought the club as far as he can

Ringo
09/10/2003, 8:31 PM
I didn't mean to cause offence to Kildare Co, UCD, or Dublin supporters I was just saying that we should be up their with you lot

The only reason he joined you was because he got a scholarship.

What did he ever do to become a good manager? I know he got Galway promoted but thats all, I think he is over rated. He has improved things since he came to Showgrounds but I think he has brought the club as far as he can

All i can say, things must have been really bad before he came, if your present position is an improvement. :rolleyes:

TheRealRovers
10/10/2003, 7:44 PM
Off the pitch we were in real trouble but now our finance's is much improved I think our debt dropped by something like 30k last year

Enda M
11/10/2003, 5:28 PM
no tanx

Rocky
13/10/2003, 9:08 AM
[Only reason Galway players play for Sligo is they live near by.

I said they were ex Galway players! Doesn't mean they're from Galway. Luther Watson Barbados, Derek O'Brien Kerry. And Galway is almost 2 hours from Sligo! Yer lucky in Kildare alright ye can get all the cast offs from Dublin.

TheRealRovers
13/10/2003, 4:51 PM
I wonder what O'Riordan thought of the Shed Saturday night?

hoopy
14/10/2003, 8:27 PM
You can have Liam Buckley