PDA

View Full Version : The Derry City fans

dublin_owl
28/09/2008, 12:56 PM
Just a quick note to say that, while the heavy defeat was hard to swallow, it was made slightly easier by the witnessing the amazing Derry City fans.

The sportsmanship displayed by them was really fantastic, especially when they were giving us a helping hand with some of our songs towards the end. :)

A class act all round.

Best of luck for the rest of the season Derry.

oldyouth
28/09/2008, 1:00 PM
Best I've ever heard. Internationals, LOI or English Premiership

5ForKeeps
28/09/2008, 2:45 PM
Agree with both sentiments entirely!

Shoes off for the Derry fans!!

Splurge
29/09/2008, 9:44 PM
I and those around me were amazed aswell, especially in the latter part of the 1st half, so loud and the movement!
I heard a lot of negative things about Derry fans from ppl at work (Bray ppl seem to have a particular dislike to them) but i'll defend them in future. I cant get the woooh song out of my head, the drummers were great too. Even queing up for the shuttle bus late after the game they started again.

Splurge
29/09/2008, 10:16 PM
Youtube for those that missed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ImCgiTV6I

John83
30/09/2008, 3:17 PM
The've always seemed a decent lot to me too. Good sense of humour for LoI fans.

KR's Post
04/10/2008, 1:26 PM
Just quick weird question!! But were Derry Players on a yellow bus for the final!?

KR's Post
04/10/2008, 1:29 PM
I and those around me were amazed aswell, especially in the latter part of the 1st half, so loud and the movement!
I heard a lot of negative things about Derry fans from ppl at work (Bray ppl seem to have a particular dislike to them) but i'll defend them in future. I cant get the woooh song out of my head, the drummers were great too. Even queing up for the shuttle bus late after the game they started again.

Huh? I admire the Derry fans> A bray lad living in Gorey!

dublinwanderer
04/10/2008, 1:50 PM
i'm a bray fan, and i love derry fans... they are the best in the league by a mile.

oldyouth
04/10/2008, 2:00 PM
Just quick weird question!! But were Derry Players on a yellow bus for the final!?
Yep, the brighest yellow bus I've ever seen. Discretely parked outside the front door of Whites Hotel, so nobody would have guessed where they were staying. They may be Premier League but they don't own their own bus. (or are we the only ones who do?)

KR's Post
04/10/2008, 2:07 PM
I knew it. Was staying in Bray on Saturdaay of the game and on our way home i saw the bus passing Bee Hive with a trophy in the front window. Guessed it was them...

dcfc_1928
04/10/2008, 2:28 PM
Aye - one like this......

http://www.eeni.com/download/1/ChambersinvestmentpicBTv2.JPG

Rovers1
04/10/2008, 3:51 PM
the lad with the drum made sure we got out the quick way from the Brandywell last night...fair play to him.

Splurge
04/10/2008, 4:24 PM
Huh? I admire the Derry fans> A bray lad living in Gorey!

Just something i heard from ppl in work, no idea if it's true.

YellowbellyRed
11/10/2008, 11:53 PM
Normally hate the idea of a team bringing a band with them but they were top class. Included a version of teenage kicks too if I'm not mistaken.

Splurge
15/10/2008, 9:33 AM
After the great Derry City fans we got the appaling spectacle of the Dundalk fans last monday night, again.
I hope they get promoted so we dont have to put up with them any more, scumbags like that would put you off going to games.