PDA

View Full Version : Cork City Away 26/09/2008

HarpoJoyce
26/09/2008, 5:01 PM
Team news by RTE
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0926/corkcity_ucd.html
"....However, manager Alan Mathews must do so without the services of the suspended Pat Sullivan and Joe Gamble, while Cillian Lordan will once again miss out with a knee injury. Both Colin Healy (back) and Sean Kelly (hamstring) are also struggling with injuries and are doubtful."
"...Shane McFaul is the only doubt for UCD manager Pete Mahon, with the influential midfielder suffering with a chest infection and a decision on his availability will be made closer to kick-off."

The match starts at 0-0 and who knows, maybe that's how it will stay.

But I don't know how this game will fall City still have the firepower up front and that should be enough for them.

pineapple stu
27/09/2008, 10:32 AM
Oh well. That's the end of that. Game was over by the time I arrived. Very similar to the Bohs game by all accounts - in trouble until we went 2-0 down, then Cork relaxed and we were much more in it without ever doing anything. Few dangerous free kicks, all of of which went straight onto a Cork head. Had one lovely quick passing move which ended in Allie Mac passing the ball back to the keeper. Stuff like that. Cork's finishing was hilariously bad at times. Shane Duggan nearly scored a sensational lob from 30 yards, but that was it.

Lissywoollen, Ferrycarrig (main pitch), Morton Stadium and Jackman Park to come off my list of grounds not visited. And, as per usual when I complete the list, a new ground (Tallaght) comes on stream. :rolleyes:

Poor Student
27/09/2008, 10:37 AM
There's a minute chance of escape. Cobh and Galway are still what you'd consider winnable games and there could be another shock in there. Highly unlikely but I wouldn't completely throw in the towel.