PDA

View Full Version : Premiership tickets up for grabs on Saturday night

gustavo
25/09/2008, 1:32 PM
http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/638/1/

Sligo Rovers are delighted to announce a special offer for their upcoming home game against Cobh Ramblers this Saturday night (27th September). All supporters who attend the game will be entered into a draw for two tickets to the Barclay's Premier League fixture between Manchester United and West Ham United on Wednesday October 29th in Old Trafford.

Flights and accomodation are also included in this great prize. Upon entry to the game against Cobh all supporters will be given a ticket, with the draw to be made at half-time.

sligofan4ever
25/09/2008, 4:52 PM
Would i be right in guessing this is another go at filling the ground or atleast to get a decent crowd of ENGLISH football fans out ?

Dodge
25/09/2008, 5:00 PM
Would i be right in guessing this is another go at filling the ground?

nah, I reckon they're doing it for a laugh...

sligofan4ever
25/09/2008, 5:04 PM
nah, I reckon they're doing it for a laugh...

Altough its definatly not going to fill the ground, I am sure alot of Man United fans around Sligo, Mayo and even leitrim would be up for trying to win free tickets etc.. to see MANUre play. it would also show an example of how much people care about football in England rather than there own local team.

Dodge
25/09/2008, 5:10 PM
So what? Take their money. More than you'll get off most of them any other time of the year

red bellied
25/09/2008, 5:14 PM
Bit short notice, nothing in the local papers about this promotion.

Well Red
25/09/2008, 6:51 PM
You miss the point, just think slowly about it, the name of the game is money money money and nobody cares who or what they follow, just come through the turnstiles

sligofan4ever
25/09/2008, 7:56 PM
speaking of money,money,money does anyone know about the financial situation or how much has been raised ?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
25/09/2008, 8:13 PM
Altough its definatly not going to fill the ground, I am sure alot of Man United fans around Sligo, Mayo and even leitrim would be up for trying to win free tickets etc.. to see MANUre play. it would also show an example of how much people care about football in England rather than there own local team.

Beggars can't be choosers

Plus maybe, just maybe, some of them might start turning up regularly if they enjoyed what they saw.

Shiba
25/09/2008, 9:00 PM
Beggars can't be choosers

Plus maybe, just maybe, some of them might start turning up regularly if they enjoyed what they saw.

Stop dreaming! There is not enough prawn sanwiches around to attract the so football fans that follow Man Ure!

sligofan4ever
25/09/2008, 9:04 PM
Stop dreaming! There is not enough prawn sanwiches around to attract the so football fans that follow Man Ure!

To care would the go to a match seeing as its in the evening. A premiership match is usually 3pm an eircom league match usually 8pm but they probably wont have 15 quid because they spent it al getting p*ssed watching Man ure in the pub!

Rovers1
25/09/2008, 9:05 PM
To care would the go to a match seeing as its in the evening. A premiership match is usually 3pm an eircom league match usually 8pm but they probably wont have 15 quid because they spent it al getting p*ssed watching Man ure in the pub!

thought you were a big Liverpool fan sf4e?

sligofan4ever
25/09/2008, 9:16 PM
Yeah a bit of a tradition in the family of following Liverpool but I wouldn't be what you call a "big fan". Would watch them in the afternoon since there does be f**k all on the television on saturday afternoon anyways. But i've ALWAYS followed Rovers because of a history of family members in the team aswell :).

The Rebel Ram
26/09/2008, 5:18 PM
Jesus lads you are worse than Cobh fans for whinging:eek:

I think it is a good idea. It will entice soccer fans into the ground, they probably would have purchased a ticket if it was just a draw for the odds they are getting of winning. At least they should get to see a good game also.
Just to get heads in the gate is the thing and hope for an entertaining game to entice some back in again in a couple of weeks.
I just hope we don't beat you by too much that we would turn the crowd away:D

MMVIII
26/09/2008, 5:55 PM
Yeah a bit of a tradition in the family of following Liverpool but I wouldn't be what you call a "big fan". Would watch them in the afternoon since there does be f**k all on the television on saturday afternoon anyways. But i've ALWAYS followed Rovers because of a history of family members in the team aswell :).

If your who i think you are, i cant remember you following rovers. Seems you've only got in them to big time as of late. If youre not who i think you are then apologies

sligofan4ever
26/09/2008, 6:02 PM
If your who i think you are, i cant remember you following rovers. Seems you've only got in them to big time as of late. If youre not who i think you are then apologies

Well I don't know who you are so how would you know who I am ?

Rovers1
01/10/2008, 11:59 AM
Well I don't know who you are so how would you know who I am ?

your being watched SF4E! ;)

LondonRover
01/10/2008, 2:18 PM
If your who i think you are, i cant remember you following rovers. Seems you've only got in them to big time as of late.
Feckin' glory hunters! ;););)