PDA

View Full Version : Irischer Fussball - the german magazin to irish soccer!

Pages : [1] 2

robertob
25/09/2008, 10:14 AM
Hello,

I want to invite you the new german magazin to irish soccer. I've make it for the few german fans of irish soccer and to make more popular the league of Ireland in germany. The feedback of many people is great and makes me proud. So you can see: There are also people who like Irish soccer outside of ireland.

On page 10 of the magazin you can find a text why Ireland? - making the case for Irish football. It's in english, because you can get a reason for my motivation to make this magazin and why I think Irish football is so wonderfull.
Hope you like the magazin. If you want to give a feedback - do it! :)

The new current magazin you will find at this link:

-> DOWNLOAD (pdf): irish soccer - Irischer Fussball - Das Magazin (http://www.file-upload.net/download-1135275/IrischerFussballDasMagazin082U.pdf.html)

regards robertob

Dodge
25/09/2008, 10:20 AM
Brilliant stuff

ifk101
25/09/2008, 10:24 AM
Well done.

I can't read it but I'm very impressed by the amount of work you have put in and how up-to-date it is.

Mr A
25/09/2008, 10:27 AM
That really does look like a decent magazine. Slightly weird and all, but fair play anyway.

robertob
25/09/2008, 10:27 AM
I can't read it

look at page 10 (the last), there is a commentary in english. :)

brianw82
25/09/2008, 10:30 AM
I can't read German unfortunately, but I must say that it looks very good. The pictures are positive, showing lots of supporters together rather than empty stands like the Irish media shows. It seems to be fairly comprehensive also, with lots of well-researched information, from the little bits that I can understand.

Well done, sir. :)

ifk101
25/09/2008, 10:33 AM
look at page 10 (the last), there is a commentary in english. :)

Ich bedanke mich! :D

GuisaSaigon
25/09/2008, 10:56 AM
Like most people here my German isn't great, but it looks good. All it is lacking is Rico column!

BohDiddley
25/09/2008, 10:56 AM
Amazing stuff.
Probably as much on Irish football as The Irish Times publishes in a month. It really is a weird, weird world!

GuisaSaigon
25/09/2008, 11:02 AM
Reminded me of this Spanish Galway United site http://pobladores.lycos.es/channels/deportes/galway_united/
Kept up to date for years.

EAFC_rdfl
25/09/2008, 11:28 AM
thats very well done, and puts the irish papers to shame. Fair play

centre mid
25/09/2008, 11:30 AM
Fair play, that looks really impressive, I cant speak/read German but I understand "Finazprobleme".

L37Ultra
25/09/2008, 11:30 AM
Well Done Robertob. Excellent magazine. Sad really that there is better magazine coverage in Germany of our League than in Ireland

Jofspring
25/09/2008, 11:43 AM
Looks excellent. really liked the write up on the last page, very well done :ball:

RonnieB
25/09/2008, 12:12 PM
Vielen dank Robertob.

RonnieB
25/09/2008, 12:24 PM
Just had a proper read of it and have to say it is the best thing relating to the LOI I have read in a long long time. Fair play once again.

magnumpi
25/09/2008, 2:15 PM
on the way to Köln from Mainz after the match we met 3 german guys who went to the match, and had been to a few games, and said they'd been in love with the irish team ever since Euro 88!!!!

i think this is amazing. they could speak about all the teams of the past & were great craic.

anyway, this magazine is a great idea, hope it catches on.

brendy_éire
25/09/2008, 2:25 PM
Looks class. Was in Düsseldorf at the weekend and it was actually surprising the amount of people who knew stuff about the league here. They even new the craic with us playing in the LoI.
[on a side note, the name 'Eircom League' is what they all called it. They assumed that Eircom is an Irish word, something to do with Éire. It'll be crap changing the name.]

Robertob, kann man das Magazin in einem Geshäft kaufen oder online nur?

Straightstory
25/09/2008, 3:14 PM
I wish I could read German. Looks great - better than anything we have here.

GalwayFrancis
25/09/2008, 3:33 PM
looks great, printing it out now, cant wait to read it. leaving cert german better stand to me now! ill let ye know how i get on:D

Mr A
25/09/2008, 3:44 PM
Like most people here my German isn't great, but it looks good. All it is lacking is Rico column!

You must be joking! Could you imagine the length of word Rico would use if was writing in German?

Saint_Charlie
25/09/2008, 5:51 PM
Looks excellent.

Fair play man, put's the Irish media to shame!

TheBoss
25/09/2008, 6:00 PM
Very impressive, I must say.

holidaysong
25/09/2008, 8:00 PM
Fantastic magazine.. An English language version should be released here! :o

foxx92
25/09/2008, 8:10 PM
if only people here had as much interest in the league as you do:(. Great magazine, even understood the odd word!

Boo_Boy
25/09/2008, 8:12 PM
This is the last thing i expected to see when i came on the forum today, i love it!,it makes learning german in school all worth it.

thischarmingman
25/09/2008, 8:42 PM
Looks the biz!

Boh_So_Good
26/09/2008, 12:37 AM
That's absolutely fantastic!

Well done. Compared to the moronic anglo-wannabe cesspool which the Irish sports media are, this is like a golden ray of sunshine.

joe_barry80
26/09/2008, 5:58 AM
Super gemacht. Du hast so viel Informationen gekümmert. Leider gibt es keine Magazine wie diesen in Irland. Vielleicht du kannst es übersetzen für die Leuten dass kein Deutsche spricht.

Super Arbeit

Terry-Lander
26/09/2008, 7:15 AM
Excellent. Well Done. Have you any idea what your readership figures are?

monutdfc
26/09/2008, 8:22 AM
Looks superb! I've e-mailed it to a German here in the office.
You should e-mail it to MNS!

brianw82
26/09/2008, 11:48 AM
Looks superb! I've e-mailed it to a German here in the office.
You should e-mail it to MNS!

That's a great idea, actually. mns@rte.ie, I'm sure they'd give it a mention.

robertob
26/09/2008, 12:08 PM
Thank you all for the great feedback. This makes me proud and very lucky. :)

At the moment the magazin was downloaded about 450 times - what a great quantity! In german are many peole who like the magazin too, however it's difficult to inspire a lot of germans with irish soccer.

The magazin is only to get online as yet. But i'm looking forward to make it as a real magazin on paper. I think a international version could be interesting too. But my english isn't so good, so I would need help for it. I will looking for people who want to help me for a english version but I can't make a promise, because it's a lot of work to write all the articles and reports.

In either case I will collect ideas and looking what is possible for the next issue. If anyone have interesting ideas/information, contact me on info@robertob.eu.

regards robertob

Boh_So_Good
26/09/2008, 12:27 PM
Fair play man, put's the Irish media to shame!

They do that all by themselves. They need no help from anyone else.

Nesta99
26/09/2008, 3:35 PM
That is a fantastic mag. It really should get attention from media here like mns, it deserves attention from the print media too if unlikely.

robertob
26/09/2008, 7:07 PM
I did what you have say and mailed the magazin to MNS. But I don't know if they will download it.

Note: If you like the magazin you are free to inform other people about it. I think if more people know about the magazin so more much is the chance to make a great regular edition in english too. I've got a lot of positve feedback and look now what could be possible in the future.

regards robertob

robertob
29/09/2008, 8:17 AM
Hey lads,
I can tell you now that a the coming edition of the magazin will be in englisch or one half englisch, one half german. The work will start shortly and I hope to release the new edition in few weeks, almost to the seasonend.

regards robertob

Pauro 76
29/09/2008, 12:52 PM
Hats off to you mate, that is really well done. Very professional looking, great design, easy to read (if I knew a bit of German!)... I think the FAI programme for the next international is worth contacting. Amazing to see such enthusiasm for the league from another country, and it makes us all proud. Well done!

robertob
30/09/2008, 8:55 AM
Thank you very much. Hope you can say the same if the englisch version of the magazin will be released.

MNS didn't give a mention about the magazin altough I've emailed it. Well, I would be naïve if I believed in it. But no problem, you all know about the magazin and that's the important thing. :)

finnpark
30/09/2008, 11:14 AM
Thank you very much. Hope you can say the same if the englisch version of the magazin will be released.

MNS didn't give a mention about the magazin altough I've emailed it. Well, I would be naïve if I believed in it. But no problem, you all know about the magazin and that's the important thing. :)

:eek:

Its better than anything the FAI could muster together. Excellent work although I don't have a clue what the text says apart from the following line which Ive often heard at Finn Park:

"Hutton knackt die". :D

Ash
30/09/2008, 12:17 PM
Yet again Division 1 gets ignored :mad: ... :p

finnpark
30/09/2008, 12:37 PM
Yet again Division 1 gets ignored :mad: ... :p

No, there is a feature on Galway United in there :D

bennocelt
01/10/2008, 7:16 AM
Just wondering if there will be an English version of this up soon?:)

passinginterest
01/10/2008, 10:00 AM
It's made the national news, on the Independent website today:
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/achtung--league-love-to-spark-a-german-invasion-1486469.html

Pauro 76
01/10/2008, 10:24 AM
Have any German papers picked up on this Robertob?

Sandro
01/10/2008, 10:51 AM
Hey lads, I can tell you now that a the coming edition of the magazin will be in englisch or one half englisch, one half german.

How long for a third version in Italian?:rolleyes:

Brilliant stuff, Robert

robertob
01/10/2008, 12:04 PM
It's made the national news, on the Independent website today:
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/achtung--league-love-to-spark-a-german-invasion-1486469.html

Oh my God, I can't believe it! :eek:

That's so brilliant to be mentioned in the Independent with a article about the magazin. I'm so happy an proud! But how did they get the magazin? I've emailed it only to MNS.

A german paper hasn't gave a mention yet.

Schumi
01/10/2008, 12:11 PM
But how did they get the magazin? I've emailed it only to MNS.They read it here I suspect. ;)

robertob
01/10/2008, 1:03 PM
By the way: what it means "IOTP" :confused: This word exist two times in the article and I can't understand it.

Saint_Charlie
01/10/2008, 1:23 PM
By the way: what it means "IOTP" :confused: This word exist two times in the article and I can't understand it.

"In Off The Post" I think. It's the name of the section on the website.