PDA

View Full Version : bring a friend

thecorner
02/10/2003, 12:50 AM
anyone remember the first fanzine of the season an article about everyone bringing a friend

went about work earlier organising a line-nite out for nov 7th

most of the line gonna go to the cross first to see us play rovers and then pints afterwards

who knows, if one of the line returns to another game,it will have been worthwhile

anyone else ever try this or plan to try it

James
02/10/2003, 7:12 AM
yeah got a few heads from wrk to come to the pats match on the opening days of the season.. both never came back
1 has returned home to france and the other quit work and started working as chef in clonakility :D

curts82
02/10/2003, 8:31 AM
From just my pal and me there is now at mim 6. Lucky they missed both Pats games as they were away for the second time. :D

niamh
02/10/2003, 9:56 AM
Hehe. Will and bring some Welsh people back then!!

pete
02/10/2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by James
1 has returned home to france and the other quit work and started working as chef in clonakility :D

All that just cos saw one crap game v Pats live.

:eek:

James
02/10/2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
He now dreams of seeing the Grateful Dead at Altamount...

na he wants them to play Ardfield Summer Show, Skibbereen welcome home week or else the bantry mussel fair

peace man :cool:
- james

Troy.McClure
02/10/2003, 3:15 PM
Originally posted by James
the other quit work and started working as chef in clonakility :D

Well I guess that he had experience with working with Apples anyway!

*even Im groaning at that one!*

:D

Cityace
02/10/2003, 4:01 PM
Worked for me, except he is living in singapore until christmas now.He said he will start going to them again though........

I'll keep ye posted as i'm sure yer all so interested.............:D

Colm
02/10/2003, 5:12 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
anyone remember the first fanzine of the season an article about everyone bringing a friend

went about work earlier organising a line-nite out for nov 7th

most of the line gonna go to the cross first to see us play rovers and then pints afterwards

who knows, if one of the line returns to another game,it will have been worthwhile

anyone else ever try this or plan to try it

Excellent stuff TheCorner, I hope you manage to convert them all.

Imagine if every City fan converted just one of their friends (I'm assuming all City fans have friends!) and they started properly supporting City. The Cross would be sold out week after week.
It's a fantastic idea, even if it is a little bit simplistic.

thecorner
02/10/2003, 6:06 PM
couldnt pick a better game for them to go to. city/rovers atmosphere is second to none.hopfully they will all come back

tha men for the football

and the woman for goerge and flynny show

Colm
02/10/2003, 6:10 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
couldnt pick a better game for them to go to. city/rovers atmosphere is second to none.hopfully they will all come back

Yeah exactly, if you were to choose any game to use in trying to convince people to support City, it would have to be against Rovers. The atmosphere alone should get them hooked.

ccfc till i die
03/10/2003, 1:37 PM
Brought a friend to the cross, he only started last year and now he's going to away matches, travelling to Dublin on a Moday and all. He in turn brought two friends.

It's like SARS

tiktok
03/10/2003, 4:17 PM
Originally posted by ccfc till i die
It's like SARS

severe anti-reynolds syndrome;)

thecorner
08/11/2003, 6:37 PM
update on this topic
--------------------------

reckon a few more fans were born last night
they didnt know such excitement was on their own doorstep

even one of the girls will be back again

iut was all worthwhile

Storysham
08/11/2003, 7:56 PM
find it very hard to convince the lads to come to the cross, most of them are soccer fans yet still wont come to the cross to see their local team. I brought 2 of them at the start of the season to the bohs game (we won 3-2 george in the last minute). ****ing cracker of a game, they wouldnt come back after that. Prefer to be at home watching sky sports.