PDA

View Full Version : News from Waaaaaterford for Friday night

Counting Crow
01/10/2003, 8:30 PM
Just seen on BTID ( Waterford Website ) that they now have a 3 man selection committee ( which includes yer man Jimmy McGeogh ) just like the GAA, instead of just one manager.

They have had a lot of internal fighting and made the change to control McGeogh.

What a slap in the face that is for the guy ...... to make such a public statement.

Still though it should be a laugh to see more managers than travelling fans @ the Cross on Friday.

We'll have to let the Managers take the upper corner of the Donie Forde Stand and put the travelling fans in the Away dugout.:D

niamh
01/10/2003, 10:12 PM
That's never a good sign. U saw how long Evans and Houiller lasted.

curts82
02/10/2003, 8:27 AM
Waterford had a huge crowd up last time and they made a whole load more noise that the city fans

ian
02/10/2003, 10:22 AM
Lads get the crack going in the ground for the game on friday. I am going out of my head over in thailand there is no football only thai boxing. It is a good sport to watch. So lads get the place going.

NorthoftheLee
02/10/2003, 10:42 AM
Waterford had a huge crowd up last time and they made a whole load more noise that the city fans

eh if you mean that about 100 is huge then it was huge.......remember when you sit near to the away fans.....they will always seem louder..think I remember hearing one "united" chant the last time they were at the Cross......

ian
02/10/2003, 10:59 AM
Well lads all i can say is that the waaaaaterford took the shed in the cup game i think it was everton so you better look out for any dodge boys in the shed on friday night!!!!!! hahaha enjoy the match can any one let all of us boys that are aroud the world what is happining in the match. CHEERS

pete
02/10/2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by ian
Lads I am going out of my head over in thailand...

Sounds like a good holiday.

:D

yur man
02/10/2003, 12:56 PM
http://www.wlrfm.com/ usually broadcast updates of away games on windows media player

but i warn ya, friday night is country music night :eek: :(

noby
02/10/2003, 2:18 PM
every night is country music night!:D

they were doing full commentary on away games earlier in the season. not sure about friday though

Cityace
02/10/2003, 3:28 PM
Originally posted by ian
Lads get the crack going in the ground for the game on friday. I am going out of my head over in thailand there is no football only thai boxing. It is a good sport to watch. So lads get the place going.

Its a good sport isnt it, i train in it.

How many Fans are expected down?
Do they have any injury concerns?

Colm
02/10/2003, 4:51 PM
Originally posted by curts82

No they didn't.
Do you always have to be so negative about everything to do with City?
Judging by your posts, both here and on Citynet, you seem to always critisise City fans while praising the away fans, you have a problem with Pat Dolan, you don't rate George O'Callaghan etc.
There are a lot of stuff about our club that are positive at the moment (Dolan, George and fan related things i.e. banners, flags etc. being among them). So, why not focus on the good things while you can, god knows this time last year we'd have loved to be even half as positive.

curts82
03/10/2003, 8:15 AM
Originally posted by Colm
No they didn't.
Do you always have to be so negative about everything to do with City?
Judging by your posts, both here and on Citynet, you seem to always critisise City fans while praising the away fans, you have a problem with Pat Dolan, you don't rate George O'Callaghan etc.
There are a lot of stuff about our club that are positive at the moment (Dolan, George and fan related things i.e. banners, flags etc. being among them). So, why not focus on the good things while you can, god knows this time last year we'd have loved to be even half as positive.

I've actually started to praise George alot lately. What 451 has done is great, they got back the atmosphere which was disappearing. The shed is dead. I have a problem wit Dolan ya, hes a spoof.

Good Things: Flynnie Doyler, George as of late but he'll have to be realistic wit his contract if hes not gone already,DC and DM as a centre backs, Gregs love for cork city.
Alot of people are biased. City were excellent when they were crap, George done this, when he done **** all, Dolan is a dick when he was wit Pats but all of sudden hes God when he manager of City. O get behind the manager someone will say......... Well ye were all on Murphys back so shut up

ian
03/10/2003, 8:51 AM
Ya pete I am having a good holday over hear it is a pitty that it is coming to an end soon,but i can not complane i had a good few weeks rest.
As for the thai boxing it is good to watch.

So lads as i said get the place rocking tonight.