PDA

View Full Version : TV3: The Apprentice

Pages : [1] 2

pete
22/09/2008, 9:19 PM
Didn't know this was on tonight so just stumbled across it & missed the start.

Bill Cullen has the charisma of a damp squid.

thischarmingman
22/09/2008, 9:25 PM
Great, yet another copycat TV show, just what we need on our TV screens.

TV3 really is the most pointless channel.

Billsthoughts
23/09/2008, 8:24 AM
I have to say I actually thought this was good. I enjoyed it. Only question was how that real dopey lad who was kicked off even get thru to the televised part? I found the woman team manager hilarious. Have encountered a few of them shams in my time! pure spoofers...

bennocelt
23/09/2008, 9:30 PM
I missed it, anyway to see a repeat of the show?:mad:

Billsthoughts
23/09/2008, 10:03 PM
i u go on to the website ya can which it in 6 different parts.
tv3.ie and then follow links to apprentice...

bennocelt
24/09/2008, 9:37 AM
i u go on to the website ya can which it in 6 different parts.
tv3.ie and then follow links to apprentice...

cheers Bill

adamcarr
24/09/2008, 11:09 AM
I thought it was actually very good. Im looking forward to seeing the next one.

Pauro 76
24/09/2008, 11:21 AM
Wow! A TV3 production coming good. I must check it out. Im a big fan of the BBC version, but it's gone a bit too much like Big Brother in suits now.

Macy
24/09/2008, 11:23 AM
I thought it was awful. Cringe making. And ffs, I know they buy the idea, but do they have to buy the tasks and buy the winners treats too? :rolleyes:

Dodge
24/09/2008, 11:25 AM
haven't seen it but loved reading that TV3 were re-making the hit BBC series... Completely forgetting that the BBC only copied the US version...

Pauro 76
24/09/2008, 11:32 AM
What's the opening credits like? Do they have a helicopter view of O'Connell Street, over a classical music background, and Bill Cullen reading the Sunday Business Post stepping out of his Merc?

Billsthoughts
24/09/2008, 12:40 PM
I thought it was awful. Cringe making. And ffs, I know they buy the idea, but do they have to buy the tasks and buy the winners treats too? :rolleyes:

I read somewhere that they didnt actually have much licence to change the format or anything that much. Keeping the standards of the "brand" or whatever.
Is it not supposed to be cringemaking? Isnt that the attraction?
I just laughed all the way thru. :D

pete
24/09/2008, 1:31 PM
I read somewhere that they didnt actually have much licence to change the format or anything that much. Keeping the standards of the "brand" or whatever.

I also read that but I would have thought that would be for the theme music & overall look. The format is so easy all you need to do is pick good tasks & proper replacement for Trump/Sugar.

Last BBC series they sold fish in week one so TV3 get them to sell fruit. Week Two BBC had laundry service - will TV3 have pet grooming? :p

Bill Cullen was too friendly with the candidates as he is supposed to sort of scare them.

Edit: Just looking at the website & every second candidate has a qualification in PR. Might give a clue to what they are looking for out of the show.

bennocelt
24/09/2008, 2:26 PM
I think it wasnt too bad, but jeez the lads look like nuckleheads.
I reckon you can get the winner already - that Joannne Murphy one, the leader of the womens team will def win

About the UK one, i watched it for two years - rubbish final choices. The irish girl should have win it, beaten by an imbecile
and Badger should have won it the second year, beaten by a dumb blonde who must have flashed her legs at Alan
So at least with this show I hope Bill Cullin at least picks a worthy winner

Pauro 76
24/09/2008, 3:25 PM
I reckon you can get the winner already - that Joannne Murphy one, the leader of the womens team will def win

About the UK one, i watched it for two years - rubbish final choices. The irish girl should have win it, beaten by an imbecile
and Badger should have won it the second year, beaten by a dumb blonde who must have flashed her legs at Alan
So at least with this show I hope Bill Cullin at least picks a worthy winner

Some bad winner choices have marred the BBC version. Last year's winner Simon was nothing but a brown-noser and an idiot to boot. Michelle was a bad choice of winner too, she quit after one of her fellow contestants got her up the duff. Ruth Badger should've won that year. Even this year, the wrong choices have gone far. Michael, the 'Jewish' guy who didnt know what kosher was, springs to mind. Lee wasn't too bad, but the lying on his CV and missing his first week through holiday or something hasnt done him any favours. A lot of contestants seem in it for the media exposure.

Billsthoughts
24/09/2008, 7:47 PM

didnt she say something like " I am not putting myself forward as project manager but I am not not eh.... which is to say I am"
Was like a line straight out of the simpsons. also the comments re name sailed right over her head.:D
if ya noticed the lads were all high fiving each other before result was announced and then turned on the project manager guy as soon as they lost. am sure the women will be the same.

anto1208
29/09/2008, 12:48 PM
What's the opening credits like? Do they have a helicopter view of O'Connell Street, over a classical music background, and Bill Cullen reading the Sunday Business Post stepping out of his Merc?

Would it not be a renault ? ;)

Pauro 76
29/09/2008, 1:19 PM

Ah yeah missed a trick there. ;) The website for the series looks really impressive. Shame you can only watch it in Ireland though.

pete
29/09/2008, 1:28 PM

The contestants are ferried around in Renault MPVs.

aidz1
29/09/2008, 10:15 PM
Just to lower the tone of it....
The blonde one shows her clevage very well :D

pete
30/09/2008, 10:23 AM
Seemed to be better last night & maybe I was not paying attention (missed the cleavage) but I had no idea who would get fired. The Adidas thing was so obvious, if it was US TV it would have been blurred out.

Does the winners prize have to be a dinner every week?

EAFC_rdfl
30/09/2008, 11:28 AM
Couldn't agree more! I definitely would!!!

Pauro 76
30/09/2008, 12:46 PM
Does the winners prize have to be a dinner every week?

instead of 'Death Row Cafe' the losers could meet in Supermac's.

pete
30/09/2008, 1:38 PM
instead of 'Death Row Cafe' the losers could meet in Supermac's.

I did like the BBC version where the losers went the the Cafe & had a mug of tea. :cool:

OwlsFan
02/10/2008, 8:55 AM
One of the contestants, Shane Davey, has been in the newspapers recently following an altercation with an acquaintance of mine:

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/diner-punched-wife-pushed-to-ground-on-night-out-court-hears-1470136.html

bennocelt
18/10/2008, 11:55 AM
What did ye think of last week?
I Think the wrong woman went, and jesus did your one totally crack up - whats with all her smiling????

sligoman
18/10/2008, 11:59 AM
That Joanna one looks a psycho. Get her out hopefully!

pete
18/10/2008, 12:14 PM
What did ye think of last week?
I Think the wrong woman went, and jesus did your one totally crack up - whats with all her smiling????

Yeah she was totally shafted. The Project Manager did nothing in the task at all. Me thinks was a ratings decision. Joanna scares me in a Shining kind of way. Far too intense but I am everyone has worked with someone like that :o

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Sections/Travel%20Section/Summer%20Travel/060608_shining_vmed_1p.widec.jpg

I didn't think the first few weeks were very good but last week was the best. Proper task & bitchy women in the boardroom.

bennocelt
28/10/2008, 9:07 AM
Last nite was weird again - looks like somehting fishy was going on and wasn't showed on TV -

Billsthoughts
28/10/2008, 10:36 AM
Looked very strange ...actually looked like the thing was scripted... In fact the whole thing looks very scripted. still compulsive viewing.

sligoman
28/10/2008, 10:55 AM
Think Brenda will win. If Joanna wins, I'm smashing my television.

pete
28/10/2008, 12:10 PM
Very poor last night due to terrible task. Given the apparently ease with which they sold the cars doesn't say much for guys that normally work there unless they normally sell 20 cars a day.

The only good task so far was the personal loan card. Brenda or Shane are most obvious winners. The producers will keep scary Joanna there for confrontations.

The guy who lost last night seemed to run out of energy. I think he got dehydrated as seemed to have a gland issue :p

Macy
29/10/2008, 10:51 AM
still compulsive viewing.
Nah, now spooks is back The Apprentice is barney bracked...

back of the net
31/10/2008, 3:14 PM

i agree aidz -she showed it brilliantly- i wouldnt let her run around a racetrack let alone run a company but i have to give her kudos on the cleavage

i think the show is rubbish- the contestants are monkeys , not a patch on the bbc version

as for bill cullen......no comment

pete
06/11/2008, 10:33 AM
Looked very strange ...actually looked like the thing was scripted... In fact the whole thing looks very scripted. still compulsive viewing.

Mark sacked (http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=2759&locID=1.65.131)

The Evening Herald has reported that Mark was fired from the Apprentice for having a massive bust-up with a Renault customer during Week Six of the show.

Unfortunately, the bust-up didn't make it to our TV screens as the customer refused to sign a consent form for the production team.

Joanna sacked (http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=2760&locID=1.65.131)

In a shock headline today, The Irish Sun reports that Joanna was axed from The Apprentice in Week Seven for sneaking out to meet her family.

Looked like it was edited on to the end of the show. I wonder did they only find out that she was cheating via the media?

OwlsFan
11/11/2008, 9:59 AM
Interesting viewing again last night. Paddy, who "could sell oil to the Arabs" got the boot because keeping the bitchy girls is better TV. Shane couldn't make the 2nd day's task because of "a prior appointment" (with the Circuit Court :D).

Lost because they didn't do a Google search. Need to do more than that. Need to double check is the mark registered like:

http://www.patentsoffice.ie/eregister/register/TMRegister.aspx?idappli=0898679

It is also the first website that comes up so SHE LIED about doing the Google search but she remains on:

http://www.buyandfly.com/ie/

pete
12/11/2008, 10:10 PM
I am willing to overlook boardroom decisions that are clearly linked to ratings but the producers badly need to come up with some better tasks. The airport one was ok based on the standards of other but still very very poor. To some extent the boardroom is like any interview - no matter what qualifications you have you need to show you actually want the job.

bennocelt
02/12/2008, 7:57 AM
Anybody still watching this rubbish!
Unfortunately I watched it last night, waste of time - the woman from Cork should win hands down
How is that muppet Nicola still there - cant even talk correctly, and she hasn't shown anything yet
Looks like TV3 and Bill Cullin have made one of the worst Irish tvs shows of all time - me thinks (considering all the hype)

joeSoap
02/12/2008, 9:05 AM
Unfortunately I watched it last night, waste of time - the woman from Cork should win hands down What woman from Cork???:confused: She's from Limerick.

bennocelt
02/12/2008, 1:37 PM
What woman from Cork???:confused: She's from Limerick.

sorry!:)

sligoman
02/12/2008, 6:32 PM
It was obvious Brenda was gonna win from near the beginning(I thought she was from Galway btw?:confused: ). Don't know how Nikki is still in it, thought Stuart and Brenda would have made the final.

pete
04/12/2008, 3:22 PM
It was obvious Brenda was gonna win from near the beginning(I thought she was from Galway btw? :confused: ).

Been obvious for long time that Brenda has been so much better than any of the others. I also thought Galway. Of the other three would have picked Orla for the final.

Interviews is a poor way to decide the finalists as too easy for Producers to pick their own favourites.

I have continued to watch it but as I said already some of the tasks were clearly picked for product placement & offered nothing to the show. Irish people not bitchy enough to add drama either.

Probably the strangest thing is no one knows what the job because aside from a couple of car dealerships what else does Cullen do? :confused:

joeSoap
04/12/2008, 3:25 PM
Thats ok;)

OwlsFan
04/12/2008, 3:53 PM
I think they also gave away who won in the last clip. At the end of the show they showed a clip of next week with Brenda on the right and the other girl on the left and Bill leans and looks over to the right and says "You're hired". Doh!

Mr Maroon
08/12/2008, 8:36 PM
I'm glad the blonde Orla made a reappearance for the final. She's looking good as usual.

pete
08/12/2008, 11:26 PM
Once again a very weak final task. Even the adviser guy was criticising because they did not think outside the box saying they should have got t-shirts for phone task. :rolleyes: Whoever got the best auction items would win it. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel with the "celebrities".

Brenda clearly deserved to win it although the other girl was more in need of it.

McShels
09/12/2008, 8:08 AM
I'm glad the blonde Orla made a reappearance for the final. She's looking good as usual.

Nicola was the best looking for me, especailly last week in her tight skirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shedite
10/12/2008, 3:48 PM
http://redlemonade.blogspot.com/2008/11/diary-of-secretary.html

Ringo
22/09/2009, 1:10 PM
anyone know when the repeat is on, missed it last night.

Jofspring
23/09/2009, 12:41 PM
anyone know when the repeat is on, missed it last night.

Don't know about a repeat on telly but its available on www.tv3.ie