PDA

View Full Version : two requests: statistics and more...

robertob
22/09/2008, 8:28 PM
Hi, I've two requests:

1. I'm looking for an site wich contains a lot of statistics to LOI. I want to know more about each player of each team, like apperances, goals, yellow cards, substitution, height, weight... Is there anywhere a site? I haven't found it.

2. I know football of Ireland consists of Premier Division, First Division and A-Championship. But what are the following leagues? There are any information to the lower leagues? I've read for example about the West-Cork-League and the Beamish League...

Saint_Charlie
22/09/2008, 8:34 PM
I find this site quite good in regards to 1)

http://www.walkthechalk.com/home.php?league=eircom

Regards number 2): There is no real pyramid system in Ireland like say the english leagues were even the lads kicking about the park on a Sunday morning can theoretically get their club into the premiership some day. Someone else will explain it better than I can :)

lofty9
22/09/2008, 8:34 PM
http://www.walkthechalk.com/

Saintcharlie beat me to it. :)

Mr Maroon
22/09/2008, 9:25 PM
There is nothing directly below the A Championship.
A team cannot be relegated from/promoted to the A Championship.
There are other regional leagues around the country but there is no direct route from them into the LOI.

villager
23/09/2008, 1:32 AM
Hi, I've two requests:

1. I'm looking for an site wich contains a lot of statistics to LOI. I want to know more about each player of each team, like apperances, goals, yellow cards, substitution, height, weight... Is there anywhere a site? I haven't found it.

2. I know football of Ireland consists of Premier Division, First Division and A-Championship. But what are the following leagues? There are any information to the lower leagues? I've read for example about the West-Cork-League and the Beamish League...

www.munsterseniorleague.ie

robertob
23/09/2008, 10:08 AM
Thank you all for the links! :)

If I have right understand than there are only 3 'professional'' football leagues (PD, FD, AC). Following from al lot of independent regional football leagues, but whose teams cannot play in the first three leagues. So that means that each irish region has his own first, second and third league. i think a pyramid system of irish football could be looks like that:

League of Ireland:

Premier Div.
First Div.
A-Champ.

regional leagues (independent):

beamish league (county cork)
...and other regional leagues...

Right what I say?

Can anyone write down the regions with the corresponding league (maby the first league of each region), or have a link? That would be nice because I can get a better overview.

finnpark
23/09/2008, 10:15 AM
Hi, I've two requests:

Try www.statto.com, they have 10 years of stats on LOI matches (not players). They may also have lower divisions, just sear for say Fanad United in the head-to-head sear box.

www.soccerway.com probably has something like that too.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/republic-of-ireland/premier-division

KevB76
23/09/2008, 12:37 PM
regional leagues (independent):

beamish league (county cork)
...and other regional leagues...[/I]

Right what I say?

Can anyone write down the regions with the corresponding league (maby the first league of each region), or have a link? That would be nice because I can get a better overview.

Limerick district league (city and east county):
http://www.limericksoccer.com/

Limerick Desmond league (west county) - no links

A face
23/09/2008, 1:14 PM

Have a look see ... (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=32861)

Dodge
23/09/2008, 1:27 PM
The Indo has a decent stats bit now on the league (including yellow and red cards)

Black and White
23/09/2008, 5:06 PM
That walkthechalk.com/ (http://walkthechalk.com/) site is very inaccurate, at least 5 players where booked in oriel the other night against Shels!!

TheBoss
23/09/2008, 5:32 PM
www.playerhistory.com, Subscription needed for full access.

robertob
23/09/2008, 8:19 PM
Thank you all for the great links. I think I have now understand the irish league system.

But I have one last question: If nobody of A-Championship can be relegated in sporting terms, and no club from a lower league can be promoted into A-Championship in sporting terms, is there anyway a possibility to become a member of league of ireland/A-Championship for a lower league club? What are the regulations for that?

Mr Maroon
23/09/2008, 9:28 PM
When a LOI club goes out of business like Dublin City or Kilkenny they were replaced by non-league clubs. Now that there is the A-Champ one of those teams would presumably come into the First Division if another club folded. There is no direct route into the LOI for clubs.

robertob
23/09/2008, 9:40 PM
Is that also mean that nobody can relegated in sporting terms of First Division? :eek:

Mr Maroon
23/09/2008, 9:57 PM
Is that also mean that nobody can relegated in sporting terms of First Division? :eek:
If the team that wins the A champ is not a reserve team (ie. if it is Mervue, Salthill or Tullamore) they play in a play off with the bottom placed team from the First Division (I think).

Mr A
23/09/2008, 9:59 PM
Actually they can just be in the top four of their group.

Also, any team can apply to get into the A leagu as long as they meet licensing.

finnpark
23/09/2008, 10:06 PM
There is a German website dedicated to irish football
http://irischer-fussball.foren-city.de/

I thought I was seeing things, incredible :eek:

So its just like Irish people supporting British teams, germans support Irish football :eek:

HarpoJoyce
23/09/2008, 10:20 PM

Post is long, sentence below is the short answer.
First Division teams can be relegated to the A Championship at the end of this year on sporting terms, and be replaced by an A Championship team.

The A championship is the third tier of the eircom League. But most, 13 of 16, are reserve sides (12 compulsory from the Premier Division plus a brave Limerick 37 reserve team).

eircom League site. (Linked by 'Fai.ie', 'eircom league', 'The Divisions', 'A championship').
http://www.eircomloi.ie/the-divisions/a-championship/2008-season/
"The A Championship was introduced for the first time in 2008, acting as a third tier of the eircom League of Ireland.
Sixteen clubs compete in the A Championship, thirteen of whom are already represented in either the eircom League of Ireland Premier Division or First Division.
The winner of the A Championship will play-off against the club to finish bottom of the First Division, with the winner of that play-off entering into the 2009 First Division.
Only the three new clubs - Salthill Devon, Mervue United and Tullamore Town - are eligible for promotion to the First Division.
Should one of these clubs fail to win the A Championship but finish in the top four, they would be eligible for the play-off."

League tables
http://www.eircomloi.ie/the-divisions/a-championship/2008-season/league-tables/

First off Sporting Fingal (heavily sponsored by a North Dublin municipality, Fingal County Council) were due to begin this season in the A Championship but with Kilkenny City reducing their teams they took up Kilkenny City's place in the First Division. They are a rival to the other East coast clubs for good part-time players.

During the season two Galway based clubs (Mervue Utd. and Salthill Devon) are just off the pace in Group 1 for a fourth-place and so a play-off with the bottom team in the First Division. It is their time now, in the second half of the season.
Before, both clubs were very strong in Connaught (West of Ireland) non-league football. They would also play eircom League sides in the FAI Cup regularly.
Tullamore Town were an old participant in the LoI's B Division (reserve division) and more recently the U21 League. So it's a natural move for them to be part of this.

One point of confusion, some fans may describe Tullamore Town, Salthill Devon and Mervue Utd. as 'non-League' cos their first teams play in the A Championship. For me it is the Third Tier and there are many reserve sides but three new clubs to the eircom League.

Mr Maroon
23/09/2008, 10:26 PM
The team that loses this hypothetical play off ends up in the A champ, yes? that would more or less spell the end for a team to be relegated to that surely!

robertob
24/09/2008, 6:52 AM
Thank you for the great explanation. It's importent to know how the relegation/promtion of First Division-> A-Championship is functioned.
For right understand: If a non-reserve-team like Mervue United win the A-Championship, it would be directly promoted to First Division and don't must going to a play-off match?

All in all I think it's a well regulation if a team finish under the top 4 in AC it's possible to going to a play-off match to the last team of FD. But I hope it will be in future less reserve sides in the A Championship and more "real" football clubs.

Schumi
24/09/2008, 10:07 AM
If a non-reserve-team like Mervue United win the A-Championship, it would be directly promoted to First Division and don't must going to a play-off match? An A-Championship team would have to win a play-off to be promoted, even if they win the A-Championship.
But I hope it will be in future less reserve sides in the A Championship and more "real" football clubs.More new clubs would definitely be good but I think having the reserve sides there will keep the standard fairly constant and provide useful, competitive games for reserve players of premier division teams.

robertob
24/09/2008, 1:42 PM
Ok now I've understand. Thank you for the detailed explanation. :)