PDA

View Full Version : 96fm

marty
22/09/2008, 5:02 PM
On the news all day that six figure sum on table if the current commitee stand down,surely they dont have the neck to continue this may be the only way we can survive.

MainManRam
22/09/2008, 5:55 PM
:mad:

Do the honourable thing step down and leave these people save the club. Pay the players what their owed so that we can keep having nights like Saturday and maybe even stay in this league.

C'mon The Rams

Forever Claret And Blue.

don ramo
22/09/2008, 6:43 PM
need to call a meeting as soon as possible, all members have will have to attend and agree to hand the club over, weve gone as far as we can, now let people that know take us further,

i know the club is currently in a bit of a state but we have achieved premier division football with our own money, this club is capable of sustaining itself, and if somone is also willing to help it along i see great things for rams in the future,

although i would like confirmation (in the form of an official club press release) before ill believe anything thats said on 96fm

the sub
22/09/2008, 7:03 PM
Did not hear the radio who want to take over the running of the club

marty
22/09/2008, 8:07 PM
All it stated was someone was willing to step in with a six figure sum once the current chairman left,i have an idea who it is but not going to speculate.Its in the commitees hands now to walk away with some bit of pride in what has been achieved but you can only go so far with limited resources and i cant for the life of me understand how they have even got this far.....Agree with the above in our current climate we need a business minded person to stand in and take control we have nothing to lose,as it stands we could lose it all anyway

the sub
22/09/2008, 8:57 PM
Can l ask one question, was there much funraising done throughout the year. It seem that there was not much organised fundrasing done that is where you could have made the money on a monthly basis to pay the bills

jamesd
22/09/2008, 9:22 PM
need to call a meeting as soon as possible, all members have will have to attend and agree to hand the club over, weve gone as far as we can, now let people that know take us further,

The only issue here is that the committee will have to agree to the holding of an EGM, and I am not sure they will give in. I hope they do.

But certainly, whoever is willing to take on the running of the Club, should be allowed the opportunity to do this in a professional manner and given every assistance by the members and indeed the wider community.

I know its an age old argument, but there are times I get so annoyed when I hear people in this town saying there is nothing to do. There is plenty to do and people in Cobh should take pride in the fact we have a League of Ireland Football Club and they should come out and support it.

rambler14
22/09/2008, 11:53 PM
Apparently the proposed meeting to discuss the potential resignations was cancelled tonight.

I hope they do whats right for the club when the time comes to make a decision and that is to resign and allow a fresh start.

Redshanks
23/09/2008, 7:23 AM
What potential resignations?

You lot are gas people. Not a single post above asked who the mystery person is with the supposed six figured sum. Any oul clown could ring, text or email a radio station with such a statement. They would only be too delighted to run with a new juicey headline.

At this stage, if i were on the committee I would be breaking my arse laughing at such ****e talk - War by another means but very transparent!
To make things even more whacky -I even heard the mystery donor is someone that already has shares in Glasgow Rangers!

rambler14
23/09/2008, 12:45 PM
I even heard the mystery donor is someone that already has shares in Glasgow Rangers!

So?
There's a potential money-spinning friendly in that. Believe it or not there are plenty of Rangers fans in Cobh-Cork area! I know at least 5 people in Cobh who support Rangers and i'm told there are more.
For some reason a load of Cork City fans support Rangers. They even have a Supporters Club! (http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/Cork-Rangers-Supporters-Club-t24819.html&hl=rangers+supporters+club)

6yardpunisha
23/09/2008, 1:17 PM
any news as to who this potential investor is as there are conflicting reports that its an individual and now im hearing its a group of people/members who are putting up the money

luka
23/09/2008, 4:29 PM
any news as to who this potential investor is as there are conflicting reports that its an individual and now im hearing its a group of people/members who are putting up the money

Simple. There is no investor. There is no offer of a six figure sum. The money is what we as members pledged and that its. FFS everyone open the eyes. To the best of my knowledge that's it. End of. Rant over. Enough is enough. This club is at a low and it's not acceptable anymore. :mad:

The Rebel Ram
23/09/2008, 7:27 PM
Simple. There is no investor. There is no offer of a six figure sum. The money is what we as members pledged and that its. FFS everyone open the eyes. To the best of my knowledge that's it. End of. Rant over. Ban me from here or the Club I don't particularly give a ****e. Enough is enough. This club is at a low and it's not acceptable anymore. :mad:

How come I was one of those to give in the money but I heard nothing of conditions attached

Is there an investor or not????

Redshanks
24/09/2008, 7:22 AM
Its getting funnier by the hour -so the members now want to buy the chairman and his committee out. I too payed in my money but was never told it would be used as a redundancy package!! Ha ha:D

rambler14
24/09/2008, 12:29 PM
I just took a call from RTE they wanted to ask me who I want to play me when the new soap opera "Ramblers" replaces "Fair City".:D