PDA

View Full Version : Shels to be beaten on Friday

lefty
01/10/2003, 5:17 PM
Lads I'd put money on Shels getting beaten on Friday. Youll get good odds on it and its going to happen.

Just thought i'd let you in on a good tip.

Slash/ED
01/10/2003, 5:51 PM
A few half decent results and you're all confident again!

Although, without Jason Byrne, it'll be tough but if we lose on friday we can forget about the league as we'll face far tougher tests between now and then, Bohs still to play twice for one.

BohsLhad
01/10/2003, 11:36 PM
It would be great if UCD can get anything out of the game with shels,but i dont think its gonna happen,shels palyed very well against bohs if not better:( but i'd love to see UCD win and then bohs beat shels in tolka in 10 days:D

A face
01/10/2003, 11:56 PM
Cork City play Shels in three games time at home, and then second last game of the season away, so hopefully both games will be no easy feat for Shels (if we are still in the running for the second last one, it wont be)

pineapple stu
02/10/2003, 1:47 PM
Originally posted by BohsLhad
It would be great if UCD can get anything out of the game with shels

We've already taken a point off them in Tolka, don't forget, where they were very poor and a point was the least we deserved. We've gotten some confidence since then, have some decent youngsters and all the rest, so a point is very posible, especially without Jason Byrne. Set us up nicely for Drogs away!

Are Tony McDonnell or Robbie Martin back yet or what's the story?

City Hero
02/10/2003, 8:07 PM
Shels next 4 games unless they arrange their game in hand are;

UCD away
Bohs home
City away
Shams Home

The next 3 weeks will see a closing of the gap if teams like City & Bohs want to mount a serious challenge.

It's crunch time.

ShelsTim
02/10/2003, 8:34 PM
If we don't beat UCD it'll be an absolute disgrace.
We should beat Bohs if we play how we can, especially if Jayo's back.
Jayo definate for Cork, they're very beatable, the next rung on the ladder after Shels/Bohs.
Shams we beat at home before with ten men and Geogho missing a tooth, they're nearer relegation than title-chasing, we can beat them.

Bottom line, we can beat anyone on our day, trouble is, we haven't been on our day enough this season. Bohs were very lucky with the 1-0 win. This season is very like last, with Bohs and Shels changing positions.

Schumi
03/10/2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ShelsTim
If we don't beat UCD it'll be an absolute disgrace. Just like the last time. :D

And no Jason Byrne this time.

pineapple stu
03/10/2003, 1:39 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Just like the last time. :D

And no Jason Byrne this time.

Or Stephen Geoghegan, Jim Crawford, Jim Gannon or Dave Rogers!

And we have Tony Mac and Gavin Whelan back training, although they mightn't start.

BohsLhad
03/10/2003, 4:42 PM
Originally posted by ShelsTim
If we don't beat UCD it'll be an absolute disgrace.
We should beat Bohs if we play how we can, especially if Jayo's back.
Jayo definate for Cork, they're very beatable, the next rung on the ladder after Shels/Bohs.
Shams we beat at home before with ten men and Geogho missing a tooth, they're nearer relegation than title-chasing, we can beat them.

Bottom line, we can beat anyone on our day, trouble is, we haven't been on our day enough this season. Bohs were very lucky with the 1-0 win. This season is very like last, with Bohs and Shels changing positions.

Your a gob****e!!! Bohs deserved there win against shels,shels played well and so did bohs,it took a wonder goal to win the game.Bohs can beat any team in the EL on there day too so shels aren't alone.I hope UCD beat yis now:p

Slash/ED
04/10/2003, 6:05 PM
:D