PDA

View Full Version : Get well soon Chris Butler

sligoman
21/09/2008, 11:18 PM
Chris Butler was involved in a car crash last night. He was seriously injured and will be out for the foreseeable future. Not going to post up the full extent of his injuries until it's confirmed but I hope the club do something to honour him.

Get well soon Chris!

http://file043b.bebo.com/9/large/2008/05/28/12/411086670a7866624313l.jpg

showgies
21/09/2008, 11:41 PM
Was this the car crash reported locally near Riverstown?

Chris was really shaping up to be one of the best left backs we've ever had..........All the best Chris.

sligoman
21/09/2008, 11:45 PM
Was this the car crash reported locally near Riverstown?afaik yes it's this one (http://www.oceanfm.ie/onair/sligoleitrimnews.php?articleid=000003855).

showgies
21/09/2008, 11:49 PM
afaik yes it's this one (http://www.oceanfm.ie/onair/sligoleitrimnews.php?articleid=000003855).

Get well soon to both persons involved

Shedzer
22/09/2008, 1:06 AM
Myself and friends were there minutes after it happened! I was going to report this last night soon after the accident but didnt because i couldnt sum up what happened in a post but i want to make it now to clear things up a bit!

Firstly, this wasn't the accident near Riverstown, that was a seperate accident!

Chris was traveling alone and crashed about 100 yards from the Thatch pub in Ballisodare where we were !

It happened at around 3.15 - 3.30 am Saturday night/Sunday morning and it was a single car accident. The car hit a wall shortly after a tight bend between Parkes garage and The Thatch pub! People in the Thatch were alerted by a smoker outside who heard/saw the accident.

When i saw the car and the state it was in (mangled and on his roof) i was relieved to find out he was alive to be quite honest and upfront!

A mate was there before me and was talking to Chris, he was in shock but 'with it' so to speak. The paramedics worked to get him to hospital as soon as they could.

I was worried there may have been internal injures or something like that at first....

Its emerged that his leg is broken and has been operated on and apart from that he quote 'only has cuts and bruises' which is a relief. I believe a pin was inserted into the leg. Contrasting reports as to the serverity of the injury!

None of the other Rovers players were involved.

No need to go into much more datail, Chris may never play again for the Rovers for all we know now but lets wish him a full recovery!

Shedzer
22/09/2008, 1:17 AM
Another thing i want to add, Paul Cook was alerted minutes after and i believe was at the hospital straight away, bearing this happened in the middle of the night it shows another side of the best Rovers manager in my time supporting Rovers. He was very thankful that someone alerted him and it was easy to tell of his genuine concern....this man is simply a gem, the club must keep him!

brianw82
22/09/2008, 6:18 AM
It happened at around 3.15 - 3.30 am Saturday night/Sunday morning and it was a single car accident. The car hit a wall shortly after a tight bend between [b]Parkes garage and The Thatch pub![\b] People in the Thatch were alerted by a smoker outside who heard/saw the accident.

Fcuk, that is literally right up the road from my house, not 10 minutes away by foot. To be perfectly honest, that is not a 'sharp' bend. If coming from Ballisodare, you should be doing no more than 50kph, if coming from Collooney direction, there are plenty of signs for the bend and to slow down.

I hope there was no alcohol or speeding involved, but unfortunately there are in the majority of single car collisions on Friday/Saturday nights. Sad, but true.

Whether there was or wasn't, Butler has been brilliant for us this season, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Shedzer
22/09/2008, 9:48 AM
Fcuk, that is literally right up the road from my house, not 10 minutes away by foot. To be perfectly honest, that is not a 'sharp' bend. If coming from Ballisodare, you should be doing no more than 50kph, if coming from Collooney direction, there are plenty of signs for the bend and to slow down.

I hope there was no alcohol or speeding involved, but unfortunately there are in the majority of single car collisions on Friday/Saturday nights. Sad, but true.

Whether there was or wasn't, Butler has been brilliant for us this season, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Its not a terrible bend..that doesnt look to be the cause of the accident cause it happened after it.

Yes, regardless of anything he was imo our best player this season

sligored
22/09/2008, 10:39 AM
get well soon chris
your commitment to rovers cause has been an inspiration to others

red_away
22/09/2008, 1:52 PM
Bad news for everyone concerned especially Chris - get well soon!

As for Cook and keeping him - i will bet 100yoyos with anyone he wont be with rovers next season!

Its a shame but he wont!

Rovers Maniac
22/09/2008, 3:17 PM
Get well soon Chris all the best !

brianw82
22/09/2008, 3:28 PM
How about somebody organising a big Get Well card at the game on Friday? Could be signed by any supporter who wants to wish Chris well?

sligofan4ever
22/09/2008, 3:30 PM
Get well soon chris.

Hopefully he will be back on the pitch and not see his career over so early :(. It Will be such a pity when/if he gets back playing that crash will have an effect on his game. Would be a good idea in fairness to have that get well soon card that suggested.

Inside Man
22/09/2008, 4:15 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0922/sligorovers.html

Out for rest of season.

forza rovers
22/09/2008, 4:24 PM
get well soon chris!one of our best players this season!

Rovers1
22/09/2008, 6:27 PM
The finest full back we've had in a long time, hope hes still with us next season

Knappagh Red
22/09/2008, 6:46 PM
A friend of mine was talking to him, said he was in great form but it would be 12 months before he will play again

sligofan4ever
22/09/2008, 7:00 PM
A friend of mine was talking to him, said he was in great form but it would be 12 months before he will play again

Do we have any other left backs for the remaining games ? or would it be one of the wingers playing in his position ?

Rovers1
22/09/2008, 7:04 PM
Do we have any other left backs for the remaining games ? or would it be one of the wingers playing in his position ?

Danny Ventre

Poor Student
22/09/2008, 8:29 PM
Awful to think this has happened to someone you saw playing just a few days ago. Very sorry to hear this, lads. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

forza rovers
22/09/2008, 8:54 PM
Danny Ventrehes not a left back

Martinho II
22/09/2008, 9:00 PM
sorry to hear about chris butler best wishes to the lad involved..

sligored
22/09/2008, 10:08 PM
thanks to martinho and poor student. it is times like this that you appreciate the real eircom league supporters.
i hope this is not the last time that chris dons the bit o red

sligoman
22/09/2008, 10:23 PM
hes not a left backThat doesn't stop him from being played there. We don't have much choice, Ventre will most likely be Butler's replacement.

clubman
23/09/2008, 7:44 AM
Sorry to learn of the news regarding Chris, hope he has a speedy recovery.

Rovers1
23/09/2008, 11:45 AM
hes not a left back

he's not a centre back, or a central midfielder either, but Rovers will have no choice, unless a U-20 or A team player makes the grade ???

CameramanConka
23/09/2008, 12:26 PM
Really shocked to hear this. Hope the lad makes a full and speedy recovery. Good player too.

avvenalaf
23/09/2008, 12:52 PM
Foyzer for Ireland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guts&Glory
23/09/2008, 12:59 PM
Is Foyzer still a free agent???

sligoman
23/09/2008, 1:17 PM
Is Foyzer still a free agent???Last I heard, he was due to sign for a LSL team in or around Dublin.

srfc1928
23/09/2008, 2:15 PM
Get well soon Chris,
Stay positive.

SligoBrewer
24/09/2008, 3:31 PM
Best Wishes to Chrissy. With a bit of luck we'll see him donning the Bit O'Red in the not too distant future.

forza rovers
26/09/2008, 4:46 PM
hes out of hospital now.

Rovers1
26/09/2008, 6:02 PM
hes out of hospital now.

best news ive heard all week! :)

hope to god when/if he returns to football it'll be in a SRFC jersey

sligofan4ever
26/09/2008, 6:05 PM
best news ive heard all week! :)

hope to god when/if he returns to football it'll be in a SRFC jersey

i seen recently he should be back in atleast 6 months so hopefully he is still in the Bit O' Red jersey by then :D.

red arrow
26/09/2008, 9:48 PM
so sorry to hear about this tragic accident. chris was the best left full in the league but still can hold that accolade. keep the faith chris we all know its difficult now but you can return a stronger and better player. you leg will heal in time but its your mental attitude that will be the key. we all look forward to your debut next season because you are a key figure in this wonderful squod of players that paul cook has assembled. i see great times ahead and we all want you to be part of it. so keep the head up at all times.you are young and will recover and become a stonger person and player. i na few years time you will reflect on this and see it as a positive turning point in your footballing career. all the best

Rovers1
27/09/2008, 4:52 PM
i seen recently he should be back in atleast 6 months so hopefully he is still in the Bit O' Red jersey by then :D.

id say itll be at lesat next summer before Chris is back playing football,at least at the level he was up till the accident.

srfc1928
27/09/2008, 11:38 PM
Fair play to the lads who made the banner.
The support of the team tonight was different class.

happydays97
28/09/2008, 9:22 AM
Get well soon Chris

One of the best left backs in the league