PDA

View Full Version : The Mighty Rams 1-1 City

MainManRam
20/09/2008, 9:03 PM
A great second half preformance and a great result. Nice to see Kavs stick the city jeers down their throats. 5 points now from the last 9- not bad for a team in the bottom 3. The home form is back too. Good crowd tonight and as much as I don't like to say it honorable mention for the City fans who turned out in numbers and gave the club some money tonight. But on the flip side nice for so many of em to be gutted at the end:D

pcplod
20/09/2008, 9:36 PM
Good performance by most tonight. Dav and kenny played really well and we saw what davin is capable of if given the right kind of support and not given long ball after long ball and expected to take on two players every time. Kenny played the ball in to space tied up the defender and gave dav space just a pity that noone could get on the end of any ball he did put into the area. I must say that once again i am left baffeled that daryl didint start the match it mystifies me he has been our best player of late and when he came on tonight completly changed the game. I just hope that one point from tonight will be enough in our fight for survival.

marty
20/09/2008, 10:14 PM
In fairness I think Kavs had the flu or something so he wasnt available from the start but he is one of the best we have totally fearless.Kelly,Kearney,Mc Nulty are just a few City players who in fairness were shown up tonight for what they really are--Gutless.I thought we deserved a draw and it showed tonight Cork needs two representives in he league.Didnt get an attendence but would have thought 2500-3000.

micls
20/09/2008, 10:32 PM
Awful game tonight. Cant I was 'gutted' tbh, cups more important to us now but I certainly was incredibly frustrated.

We were very poor and you could see the goal coming, we have no goal scorer. Ye were far better in the second half than the first.

Not a great crowd compared to the first game but decent. I hope ye stay up lads.

micls
20/09/2008, 10:33 PM
.Kelly,Kearney,Mc Nulty are just a few City players who in fairness were shown up tonight for what they really are--Gutless.

Incredibly harsh from someone who sees them a couple of times a year.

Kelly is a young fella still learning and isnt a centre half, what exactly did Nults do? and Kearney, despite his size, is far from gutless.

Strange comment.

don ramo
20/09/2008, 11:02 PM
good result, if we were on our top game, and maybe if kavs played from the start, this would have been a win, but if you asked me a month ago i would have taken a draw,

id say the cup for city could be a bit of an ask going on tonight,

micls
20/09/2008, 11:14 PM
Going just on tonight staying up might be an ask....;)

don ramo
20/09/2008, 11:34 PM
no offense, but city are relegated automatically for breaking there licence, irrelevent of who was or is the current owner the licence was issued to cork city fc, so unless you new owners know a way around the laws or have an extremely good case city will be releagted just as shels were,

rambler14
20/09/2008, 11:38 PM
Poor enough game. Draw was a fair result.
Shots were at a premium and I thought the referee was awful.
Blatant decisions went against both teams. Ramblers should have had a penalty about 10 minutes before we actually got one when McNulty man-handled Cummins in the box and ended up pushing him into the post.
The linesman in the dressing room side was a disgrace. He missed the McNulty incident and Behan put the ball out for a corner and he gave a goal kick:confused: He didn't even flag for the penalty we did get.

Like my signature says, Daryl Kavanagh is a superstar and is without a doubt our most prized asset. What an impact for someone who was sick all week!

Bilko has to take the blame for the City goal. Terrible distribution from him lead to it. I couldn't understand why he tried to throw the ball over the half-way line to Davin from his 6 yard box when if he took a few steps forward and used his box he could have done it:confused: Then in the 2nd half he made a world class save but was back to his old self about 2 minutes later when he went walk-about and Murray had to clear off the line.

We have a good team, we can stay up! Lets just hope this great club has a future!:)

micls
20/09/2008, 11:40 PM
no offense, but city are relegated automatically for breaking there licence, irrelevent of who was or is the current owner the licence was issued to cork city fc, so unless you new owners know a way around the laws or have an extremely good case city will be releagted just as shels were,

Shels werent relegated at all. Shels simply did not get a new license for the following season. It had nothing to do with breaking the previous license.

Rumour has it we will get a further points deduction for rules broken that have come out during examinership(its not automatic relegation for breaking licensing) but if we managed to stay up anyway and had a new owner and debts cleared there would be no reason we wouldnt get a license next year.

Personally I think they will give us a points deduction large enough to effectively relegate us, but I dont think it will be automatic relegation.

don ramo
21/09/2008, 12:24 AM
Shels werent relegated at all. Shels simply did not get a new license for the following season. It had nothing to do with breaking the previous license.

Rumour has it we will get a further points deduction for rules broken that have come out during examinership(its not automatic relegation for breaking licensing) but if we managed to stay up anyway and had a new owner and debts cleared there would be no reason we wouldnt get a license next year.

Personally I think they will give us a points deduction large enough to effectively relegate us, but I dont think it will be automatic relegation.

as i said, if the new owner can edge around the laws, and present a good case ye could stay up, shel broke the licence laws by not paying there players, that is part of the licence,
this is a very strict document, id say an english club wouldnt dare sign it,

put it this way, if were relegated i hope ye come with us and if we survive i hope ye do, just for a derby :D

luka
21/09/2008, 7:05 AM
cups more important to us now

Nothing more than I'd expect from you or any other City supporter. Always something. Fact is, Ramblers played well, as did City and I believe that Ramblers really should have did the business.

4th-div-are-we
21/09/2008, 12:29 PM
Bilko has to take the blame for the City goal.

what goal were u looking at??
Bilko made top class saves 1 after another to stop city from scoring,the goal was inevitable as if Bilko did not come out to stop city attacking they would hav pressed on and had a 1 on 1 chance,he ade 2 great saves and was unlucky that the city player was in the right place at the right time.

imo Bilko was one of the best players on the pitch last night along side kenny,davin and kavs when he came on..

pcplod
21/09/2008, 12:48 PM
I must say i was watching the same game as r14 it was Bilkos fault his initial throw out led to the team being put under imediate pressure and not having time to recover and reshape after the initial attack. He did make two first class saves but they would never had to been saved if he did what he was supposed to do first day and clear the ball safely. He was at fault for the goal because of his poor decision making yet again.

rambler14
21/09/2008, 1:24 PM
I must say i was watching the same game as r14 it was Bilkos fault his initial throw out led to the team being put under imediate pressure and not having time to recover and reshape after the initial attack. He did make two first class saves but they would never had to been saved if he did what he was supposed to do first day and clear the ball safely. He was at fault for the goal because of his poor decision making yet again.

Thank You!
:)

micls
21/09/2008, 5:23 PM
Nothing more than I'd expect from you or any other City supporter. Always something. Fact is, Ramblers played well, as did City and I believe that Ramblers really should have did the business.

What?

Im not saying it excuses the performance, it certainly doesnt...I just wasnt gutted.

In fact Ive gone into every league game since this happened just being happy we're around. Results have been secondary. It was a shocking performance, but Il be delighted if we are around for shocking performances next year.....

As I said the cups are more important to us now, this is just a fact, we can do nothing in the league atm.

I dunno what the complex is about, as I said ye deserved the draw and we were very poor. Nothing else to it.

If you think City played well you were watching a different game than me and every other City fan.

chimpster
21/09/2008, 8:12 PM

Shels actually were awarded a Premier licence, and then had it rescinded because their application contained false information in relation to the state of their finances.

I'm sure the FAI will be pulling City's licence application for this season to pieces. I hope for your sake that the information submitted in relation to the investment was totally accurate.

micls
21/09/2008, 8:14 PM
Shels actually were awarded a Premier licence, and then had it rescinded because their application contained false information in relation to the state of their finances.
Yeah but they werent relegated as such

I'm sure the FAI will be pulling City's licence application for this season to pieces. I hope for your sake that the information submitted in relation to the investment was totally accurate.

Id be shocked if it was

razor
22/09/2008, 10:30 AM
a very pleasant evening on Saturday, got down early, a few pint bottles of Bulmers in the clubhouse beforehand, a nice bit of banter with the Cobh posse to our left and despite the late penalty(par for the course these days) back to base on the Evergreen express for a few more bevvies.
Long may these derbies continue.

thegafferman
22/09/2008, 10:40 AM
a very pleasant evening on Saturday, got down early, a few pint bottles of Bulmers in the clubhouse beforehand, a nice bit of banter with the Cobh posse to our left and despite the late penalty(par for the course these days) back to base on the Evergreen express for a few more bevvies.

now thats what supporting is all about.......:D refreshing

Rambler1
22/09/2008, 12:50 PM
what goal were u looking at??
Bilko made top class saves 1 after another to stop city from scoring,the goal was inevitable as if Bilko did not come out to stop city attacking they would hav pressed on and had a 1 on 1 chance,he ade 2 great saves and was unlucky that the city player was in the right place at the right time.

imo Bilko was one of the best players on the pitch last night along side kenny,davin and kavs when he came on..
MoTM for him or Kavanagh

MainManRam
22/09/2008, 5:43 PM

Top Quality. It could be the new friendly derby. We had a good laugh where we were and fan mixing is good for the game as long as some idiots don't ruin it;)