PDA

View Full Version : No EL Reports in Irish Independent

gufct
20/09/2008, 5:55 PM
Its a new low for Irish Sports Journalism.I only buy the Indo at the weekend but today is the last time for me.Maybe its only the country edition but the sports editor should hang his head in shame.

DmanDmythDledge
20/09/2008, 5:56 PM
There were reports. Was the sports section missing from your paper?

Keen2win
20/09/2008, 5:59 PM
None in the one I got either

gufct
20/09/2008, 6:00 PM
no sports section all the sports were 0n page 53 to 80 as I said its probably the country edition but it still doesnt excuse it. I actually got 2 weekend reviews with that gobsheen Bertie Ahern writing about his beloved Man U .Did you notice how red his face is from all the Bass since he cant afford make up anymore.

geezer
20/09/2008, 6:09 PM
is the new sports editor at that rag i think he used to be a political journo but he only prints stories that might help get money into business friends of his back in belfast. Now thats dangerous journalism . simple lads dont buy it

KianD
20/09/2008, 7:21 PM
Is this a Tabloid/Broadsheet edition difference maybe? They have reports on their website which should be in the print edition.

gufct
20/09/2008, 7:25 PM
Tabloid but does it really matter waht edition they didnt have any el reports.

the 12 th man
20/09/2008, 8:23 PM
E/L on page 61 in tabloid edition in Wicklow.

bennocelt
20/09/2008, 8:41 PM
no sports section all the sports were 0n page 53 to 80 as I said its probably the country edition but it still doesnt excuse it. I actually got 2 weekend reviews with that gobsheen Bertie Ahern writing about his beloved Man U .Did you notice how red his face is from all the Bass since he cant afford make up anymore.

was one page devoted to LOI in the one i bought, one page out of 32 or whatever

not much at all to read in the whole thing

if you think Bertie wrote that article then thats a joke - he cant speak properly never mind write stuff like that

gufct
20/09/2008, 9:16 PM
E/L on page 61 in tabloid edition in Wicklow.

Fergie Wenger and Strachan on page 61 of mine.:mad:

I know Bertie didnt write but he got paid for it the ****

Rovers1
20/09/2008, 10:12 PM
in Sligo, both tabloid and broadsheet have EL reports ???

brianw82
21/09/2008, 6:40 AM
There are reports on the independent's website, so they definitely exist.

Could have been a printing error with the country edition?

Claret Murph
21/09/2008, 6:56 AM
Fergie Wenger and Strachan on page 61 of mine.:mad:

I know Bertie didnt write but he got paid for it the ****

I picked up a copy at the Texaco petrol station in Athenry at 10:45 am and I had one Tommy , but not a great write up the Shams game .:(

Gareth
21/09/2008, 12:47 PM
Lads we all know match reports are best found online ;)

Dodge
21/09/2008, 1:16 PM
None on the tabloid edition I bought. Annoying seen as it was the only paper on sale and I only wanted the LOI reports

gufct
22/09/2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks dodge thought I was hallicunating there after checking for the 10th Time.Very poor show by a national newspaper who can do 2 page spreads on the Crisi in the el.

brianw82
22/09/2008, 11:43 AM
Nice letter in the Indo today questioning Irish fans' supporting of UK teams. Wonder what the responses will be tomorrow?

BohDiddley
22/09/2008, 12:30 PM
Anseo (http://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/united-in-their-smug-support-of-success-1479680.html)

brianw82
22/09/2008, 12:42 PM
Fair play to Derek Ross for actually getting that printed. Anyone know him, or if he posts on here?

L37Ultra
25/09/2008, 11:50 AM
Nice letter in the Indo today questioning Irish fans' supporting of UK teams. Wonder what the responses will be tomorrow?

Did anyone hear Tom Dunne talking about that today on Newstalk? He was getting people to text in the team they supported and why and there was the usual Liverpool, Manchester United etc... and I was just about to text in Limerick just to see their reactions but then he refered to the "nasty" letter in the Indo. He went on to mention he supported St. Pats but ManYoo were his "big team" :rolleyes:

All I will say is leave these journalists ignore the League. I bought a paper last week. Think it was the Daily Mail. There was more coverage of the Blue Square Premier or whatever its called in England than the EL. Lets face it, its the English Leagues that sell papers. The League is going in the right direction I think and it will be the journalists looking like idiots once the League continues to rapidly grow and they ignored it in the past.

Dodge
25/09/2008, 11:58 AM
He went on to mention he supported St. Pats but ManYoo were his "big team" :rolleyes:

Something Happens's (sic) Alan Byrne is a fairly big Pats fan. They even had an ad in Richmond a few years ago. Dunne isn't was dragged to a few games by Byrne. I'll never forget Byrne wearing a Pats jersey playing live on the late late...

L37Ultra
25/09/2008, 12:05 PM
Something Happens's (sic) Alan Byrne is a fairly big Pats fan. They even had an ad in Richmond a few years ago. Dunne isn't was dragged to a few games by Byrne. I'll never forget Byrne wearing a Pats jersey playing live on the late late...

Sure you could tell Dunne wasn't. I could tell he was just saying that to please the EL fans listening after he mentioned that fans letter in the Indo

Magicme
25/09/2008, 12:27 PM
I was chatting to Tom on Tuesday and gave him the leaflets we were handing out down at the Ploughing and he seemed interested so disappointed to hear that.

BohDiddley
25/09/2008, 7:10 PM
http://footballpress.wordpress.com/

Irish football and the media blog/aggregator

Brand new, so not much to see here just yet, but I'd welcome any opinions or suggestions.

PS: promise it won't be Bohs-centric

sadloserkid
29/09/2008, 9:36 AM
I bought a paper last week. Think it was the Daily Mail.

You think? Did you just pick one at random? Some of them are very different you know! :D

L37Ultra
29/09/2008, 1:08 PM
You think? Did you just pick one at random? Some of them are very different you know!

It was last week :p I just picked the one with the prettiest pictures ;):D

Straightstory
29/09/2008, 3:29 PM
http://footballpress.wordpress.com/

Irish football and the media blog/aggregator

Brand new, so not much to see here just yet, but I'd welcome any opinions or suggestions.

PS: promise it won't be Bohs-centric

Great idea. They need to be monitored for their evil doings...

BohDiddley
29/09/2008, 4:34 PM
And let's not forget their non-doings!